Scotland squad face Euro 2020

Craigieboy86

On 17/12/2020 at 17:27, craigkillie said:

I think a lot of the chat of "X or Y has to be in the squad" is ignoring the fact that it's a 23 man squad for the Euros when we're normally calling up 26 or 27 or something like that.

So we've already got several squad regulars who will have to drop out, even before we look at new players coming in.

Who new player coming in Scotland squad?

I think it will come a bit early for Turnbull, Gauld, and Hickey.  
The only player who hasn't played for the seniors who I could see being in the squad is Gilmour.
Also outside chance if someone like Adams or Caulker declares for us.  Other than that it will be players who have already played for us imo.
Maybe Gauld or Turnbull could feature for the seniors before the tournament in WC qualifiers, but they'd have to do amazing to get in the squad, and won't get enough game time to make that big an impact.
Of course a couple of injuries on the eve of the tournament, touch wood cause it would be terrible for players to miss that, could change everything if someone is in form.
Too early for Gauld [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Explain please