Players coming out of international retirement...

DA Baracus

..for the Euros need to be told to get themselves so far to f**k.

I can't actually see any players doing this though, but can almost already see the tabloids running incessant articles and campaigns to get guys like Scott Brown and Allan McGregor in the squad.

We don't need any of them and I think the manager wouldn't pick them anyway.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Scott Brown is about 44 and would weaken the team significantly. 

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If David Marshall was dropped to let McGregor back in there’s be riots. I actually think McGregor is still a better keeper, but once you’ve retired that’s it, no crawling back.

I guarantee McGregor is regretting his retirement massively now as he’d be first choice.

Also agreed, the first part anyway. McGregor is such a seething Sevco moron that he probably still thinks he was right and thinks there's a huge conspiracy against himself and Sevco from the SFA.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I can't actually see any players doing this though, but can almost already see the tabloids running incessant articles and campaigns to get guys like Scott Brown and Allan McGregor in the squad.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

McGregor is such a seething Sevco moron that he probably still thinks he was right and thinks there's a huge conspiracy against himself and Sevco from the SFA.

I take it you don't see the irony in calling him a moronic conspiracy theorist?

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No. Are you suggesting that the tabloids won't run such articles?

You might have the odd journalist trying to pull a story out of nothing but nothing new there really. Running ‘incessant articles and campaigns’ though,  I think theres other stuff going on right now than this to conern themselves with.

Edited by gannonball

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You might have the odd journalist trying to pull a story out of nothing but nothing new there really. Running ‘incessant articles and campaigns’ though,  I think theres other stuff going on right now than this to conern themselves with.

This might surprise you but sports journalists often tend to report on sports and leave things like current events to those who are employed to report on them.

29 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If David Marshall was dropped to let McGregor back in there’s be riots. I actually think McGregor is still a better keeper, but once you’ve retired that’s it, no crawling back.

I guarantee McGregor is regretting his retirement massively now as he’d be first choice.

He retired in a huff after an sfa fine

Everyone: Yaaaaaaaaaaaassss!

Everyone else: Yes sir, I can Boogie!!!

Everyone not otherwise stated: *sobbing joyfully for reasons they can't comprehend*

Nobody at all: McGregor and Brown need to get back into this squad.

Baracus mate, just enjoy the moment. If there is ever a danger of Broony or McGregor getting back into the squad (there absolutely isn't) then let's deal with that when it comes.

In the mean time, my neighbours haven't heard enough about my capacity and capabilities with regard to "boogie". I'm awa to keep them updated.

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This might surprise you but sports journalists often tend to report on sports and leave things like current events to those who are employed to report on them.

This might surprise you but covid has affected Scottish football a fair bit, you probably think its a hoax though.

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

This might surprise you but covid has affected Scottish football a fair bit, you probably think its a hoax though.

Where on earth do you get that from?

Please explain this line of thought as I can't see how you get to 'COVID IS A HOAX!!!!!!' from 'tabloids will run articles about players who retired from international football'.

6 minutes ago, velo army said:

Everyone: Yaaaaaaaaaaaassss!

Everyone else: Yes sir, I can Boogie!!!

Everyone not otherwise stated: *sobbing joyfully for reasons they can't comprehend*

Nobody at all: McGregor and Brown need to get back into this squad.

Baracus mate, just enjoy the moment. If there is ever a danger of Broony or McGregor getting back into the squad (there absolutely isn't) then let's deal with that when it comes.

In the mean time, my neighbours haven't heard enough about my capacity and capabilities with regard to "boogie". I'm awa to keep them updated.

Are you suggesting that it's a binary process and only one thought can be considered at a time, and that a post made a day and a half removed from the game somehow means I didn't enjoy it?

You'll need to talk me through this one please.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Plus his name doesn't fit into the Davie Marshall conga song. 

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Where on earth do you get that from?

Please explain this line of thought as I can't see how you get to 'COVID IS A HOAX!!!!!!' from 'tabloids will run articles about players who retired from international football'.

As you have come out with ‘incessant articles and campaigns’ about something that hasn't even really bared fruit yet I thought you might stretch your wild theories of little basis to other avenues perhaps. A bit of stretch yes but was only getting in to the spirit of the thread.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

As you have come out with ‘incessant articles and campaigns’ about something that hasn't even really bared fruit yet I thought you might stretch your wild theories of little basis to other avenues perhaps. A bit of stretch yes but was only getting in to the spirit of the thread.

I never put a start date on it.

James MacArthur as well still playing for Crystal Palace really don't why get why the folk  in here are raving about weather Brown comes back and forgets about him?

If you were Ryan Jack and got dropped for any of them you would be raging

And who knows McLaughlin might start a lot of games and keep McGregor out the team again so would be no need for him to come out of retirement anyway

All the lads deserve to be keeping there places for now they have been first class

If we reach world cup play off and qualify

We can use the world cup group to blood new players

Who ever they are who we can attract to winning team

Be it guys who we are still trying to get  in from down south

Or Scottish guys like Gauld and Nesbett who we should blood anyway

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

It’s not happening thankfully, too many barriers, the main one being that SSC would tell them both to bolt.
He’s built a real team, not a squad of players, you can tell by the way the players celebrated, he won’t risk that by considering wanks that have snubbed Scotland.
I can understand why it’s been brought up tho, cos I wouldn’t put it past either Brown or McGregor to try to worm their way back.
f**k them!