Thanksgiving Thursday

lichtie23

The annual tradition of football on Turkey day is this Thursday. 3 games to enjoy this year

5.30pm - Texans @ Lions

9.30pm - Football Team @ Cowboys

1.20am - Ravens @ Steelers

Massive game to finish the night in the AFC North. A Pittsburgh win pretty much guarantees them the division crown. The game in Dallas is also massive in the NFC East title race.

Struggling to drum up any enthusiasm for that lot tbh.

Won't bother with the first game, might watch the second through the cracks in my fingers, third game perhaps, purely because it's always fun watching the scummiest franchise in the NFL lose at the home of their biggest rivals with the season on the line. 

Won't bother with the first game, might watch the second through the cracks in my fingers, third game perhaps, purely because it's always fun watching the scummiest franchise in the NFL lose at the home of their biggest rivals with the season on the line. 

Are you actually based in the States?

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Not a Ravens fan. 

@lichtie23 you be supporting the nation capitals team in the middle game yes, being it against the Cowboys AND Giants having the tiebreaker over the WFT 😂

Not a Ravens fan. 
[mention=9044]lichtie23[/mention] you be supporting the nation capitals team in the middle game yes, being it against the Cowboys AND Giants having the tiebreaker over the WFT [emoji23]

Mate.....I support whoever the Cowboys are playing

Great post, the Ravens are utter c***s.

Also liked the drum pun.

Crickey, was that two years ago? 

Always had a soft-spot for Smith. Thoroughly decent NFL QB despite the fact that he only ever seems to be talked about in terms of his deficiencies. To be honest, it's a bloody miracle he got to where he was before the injury given what he went through in San Fran, never mind coming back from having his leg obliterated.

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I don't really mind the Thanksgiving tradition, but I'd happily do away with the weekly Thursday games every other week of the season. Yeah, I really want to watch two 3-9 teams juking it out wearing the most ridiculous and garish uniforms possible....   not.

Some of the Thursday night matchups are decent this season. I dont mind the lions being on if they're good but they would have known 2 weeks ago this was going to be a nothing game, could they not have flexed it out? Maybe its background noise in america on Turkey day so nobody there minds but I dont have a turkey to baste and I want to watch some fucking good matches! 

40 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Some of the Thursday night matchups are decent this season. I dont mind the lions being on if they're good but they would have known 2 weeks ago this was going to be a nothing game, could they not have flexed it out? Maybe its background noise in america on Turkey day so nobody there minds but I dont have a turkey to baste and I want to watch some fucking good matches! 

No.  Lions and Cowboys will always have, and rightfully so a home game on Thanksgiving.  

On 23/11/2020 at 11:42, Boo Khaki said:

No, but I did live in LA/San Diego for a while in the early 2000's. Chargers and Padres fandom pre-dates that though.

I lived in San Diego in the 90s and was a huge Padres and Chargers fan. The Padres I stayed with and my now contempt for the 'franchise' that is the Chargers maybe rivals yours for the Ravens. Don't really have an NFL team now, if the broncos keep being shyte they may endear themselves to me now I live here.