Livingston's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Livingston's Next Permanent Manager?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It is surely Martindale's job now.

Screenshot_20201212-050227_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ba729ee2fd2e43c9888fe92dc00c9a15.jpg

Putting aside his past, on the surface you would say wtf. No playing career, no managerial career, and he looks like some guy that props up the bar. However, he does seem to be getting results. 

If hes appointed though, it would be a bit like when we gave the managers job to our physio, Ricky MacFarlane (who to be fair did ok for us).

There seems to be a reluctance on the clubs part up till now.Possibly understandable. His past discrepinces seem to be holding him back.But hes got the backing of the squad and up till now its a no brainer.In these uncertain times it would make sense financialy to the club to give him the hotseat. Football is a result based buisness as we know full well,and hes done himself no harm at all,regardless of his past.[emoji881]
This is nonsense.
John Ward offered Martindale the job after Hoppy left and then again after the Miller debacle.
He can't be offered the job, or so much he can't take it until some parole hearing or something which is due in the next week or 2. Hence why the club "are in no hurry to make am appointment".
Because Martindale will get the job if everything goes well.

Just now, LiviLion said:

He's wrong about 99.9% of the time he posts tbf.

Happy enough with Martindale full time, looking forward to some European football next season.

Just chuffed I got close to a right answer for once

3 hours ago, ropy said:

Ah

To be fair, he did the last few times. His reasoning behind it was that he didn’t want his past to harm the club, and with a young family he didn’t want to be put any further into the spotlight.

He was offered the job twice before, after Hopkin and Miller and turned it down both times. Came out and said he didn’t have any premiership experience at those times and didn’t feel it was the best fit.

Delighted he’s taken it tbh, as he’s a great manager from what I can see 

Good luck to David Martindale.

He served his time and has made the decision to leave his past behind. I’ve known people in my past to have gone down similar paths and they are no longer alive because of the lives they lived. 

I used to have a different opinion about him as I’ve seen first hand the damage that drug dealing can cause both to relatives, friends and local communities. 

I watched his interviews and decided that if he can change his lifestyle and circumstances for the better then I can change my opinion of him now. 

He is a terrific role model for communities struggling with drug problems. As Scotland seems to have a massive issue with drug deaths, our country could do with more David Martindales who can turn away from a life of crime to serving their communities. It would be great to see Scottish drug charities reach out to David and get his story out there. It’s a remarkable turnaround and I wish him success.

ps I still want Livingston to finish below my team in the league and I hope we pump you in the semi final.

On 26/11/2020 at 16:33, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Aye but Richard that Ludo boay on that Pie and Bovril keeps linkin me wi aw these joabs eh and eh dinna even get an interview eh summit isnae right eh

I'd just like to bump this post since I've still not had a message from John Hughes for resurrecting his managerial career.

Tbf got really lucky, Paddy power so far off the mark with the odds offered. 

At this stage John Ward had said we wanted him to take the job, DM had said he wanted the job, everywhere else offering him at 1/7 or lower but got him with PP at 4/6, crazy price so lumped the Max bet on. 

Edited by andylivi1