Murrawell vs Perth (raging middle aged geeks and M&D holiday goers)

Busta Nut

Not sure what Tony done to rile the Saintees today, compared to last week this match seemed to lack the same level of needle and there was hardly a challenge of note from either side.

On the football side of things, St Johnstone were deserved winners for me. They carved out two good chances first half down our right, we didn't heed that particular warning and O'Halloran eventually punished us 2nd half. Both teams were missing important players but Saints looked a more well drilled, cohesive unit throughout 

We were pedestrian for the most part and created little of note outside of a couple of set pieces - except one decent chance for Watt in the 1st half. However it's frustrating that just like last week, we gifted them a route back into the match with some utterly shambolic defending for the equalising goal.

Some amount of utter dross in our squad by the way, think there's about half a dozen players involved today that could leave tomorrow and we'd be no worse off.

Edited by Casagolda

Tony Watt was shite for us, missed about 18 open goals, and worst of all forced us to spend 6 months watching Chris Kane as first choice striker because Watt was sucking up so much of the wage budget and offering zero goal threat.

Since then he's been an arse every time we've played against him, for some unknown reason. Last season he absolutely melted Callum Hendry on the knee off the ball, a knee Watt would know Hendry suffered an injury too that almost ended his career just years before, and then had a go at Hendry as he writhing on the ground.

He's an absolute fanny.

Edited by RandomGuy.

That was an extremely satisfying win. We had so many important players missing - our captain, both our wing backs and probably the best partner for McCann in midfield and still played well and came back from behind to beat a decent side away from home. 

Rooney and O’Halloran really took their chance today and Hendry will be relieved to get that goal. Very happy for all 3 of them, particularly as they’ve all had a hard start to the season what with one thing or another. 

Many others have commented on this already but it’s worth saying again anyway. The players are clearly very well coached. The game plan is clear and we seem to dominate or at the very least compete in every game we play.  If we could find a consistent route to goal at home in this shape we’ll only climb the table. 

Stevie May has been outstanding this season. His all round game has really improved, I actually think he may have benefited most from the change in manager of anyone in the squad. Im starting to see flashes of Macca in some of his play, which can only be a good thing. 

Edited by Kyle

That was an extremely satisfying win. We had so many important players missing - our captain, both our wing backs and probably the best partner for McCann in midfield and still played well and came back from behind to beat a decent side away from home. 

Rooney and O’Halloran really took their chance today and Hendry will be relieved to get that goal. Very happy for all 3 of them, particularly as they’ve all had a hard start to the season what with one thing or another. 
Many others have commented on this already but it’s worth saying again anyway. The players are clearly very well coached. The game plan is clear and we seem to dominate or at the very least compete in every game we play.  If we could find a consistent route to goal at home in this shape we’ll only climb the table. 

Stevie May has been outstanding this season. His all round game has really improved, I actually think he may have benefited most from the change in manager of anyone in the squad. Im starting to see flashes of Macca in some of his play, which can only be a good thing. 
Pretty much exactly the comments between my mates during the game. Every player know their role and I enjoy watching is play right now. Booth came in and did and good job and that's easily the best game Rooney has had for us.

MOH is so frustrating and I often can't think of him as a proper footballer but when he performs like that he could be a very important player for us. Pleased for Hendry, I have been hugely critical of him this season but he kept going yesterday and actually looked the fittest he has been.

Also agree May was superb. Again, he seems to have found an extra yard of pace and his touch is much improved.

There is a lot to like about this team and I can only see us getting better.

I used to get annoyed with Watt cos he was too far the other way;  on the rare occasions he challenged and fouled an opposing centre back he would help them up and be a bit too friendly about it all.
Today he was a fucking dick with Rooney.
I enjoyed it. Meant he wasn't concentrating fully on his game.

Almost forgotten about that...
St Johnstone deserved to win. We deserved f**k all for starting Lamie over McGinley. That is a sackable offence for any Manager. 
Poor overall performance but it is the Micky Mouse cup after all. Would rather win in Scottish Cup and finish 5th. But play anything like that again and neither are happening this season. 
Must be great supporting such a big club that you can choose which Cup you want to win [emoji849]

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Must be great supporting such a big club that you can choose which Cup you want to win emoji849.png

Quite. I can sense your jealousy. 
To be fair you managed to elevate your game and knock out one of Scotland’s top clubs from a cup competition. St Johnstone fans should be proud of their wee team this morning. 

28 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Quite. I can sense your jealousy. 
To be fair you managed to elevate your game and knock out one of Scotland’s top clubs from a cup competition. St Johnstone fans should be proud of their wee team this morning. 

It was their cup final.

4 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:

Also agree May was superb. Again, he seems to have found an extra yard of pace and his touch is much improved.

There is a lot to like about this team and I can only see us getting better.

The difference between him at Aberdeen, and him since he rejoined, is incredible.

There's an irony since Aberdeen/Hibs fans talk about us as if we camp 9 folk behind the ball and stunt their tiki taka football, but both Craig and May returned to us after clearly being told to be more defensive players, and it took a while to convince them to shake off those shackles.

May has attempted more dribbles this season than he has in the past few seasons id imagine 😂 trying to run Gallagher yesterday isn't what he'd be doing this time last season.

Got what we deserved after that one, we were pretty poor throughout the game. It’s getting to the point I’d rather have Tony Straker at left back than Ricki Lamie after another howler yesterday. Not really getting why saints fans are so wound up about Watt and Rooney, off the top of my head I can only think of 1 incident when a foul was given in when the pair went up for a header, Rooney was on the ground “in pain”, Watt said something to him and he was up like a shot to have a pop back. Maybe it’s one these things you notice more if you’re on the other end of things....

Good luck to the Saints in the next round 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Dosser0209 said:

Got what we deserved after that one, we were pretty poor throughout the game. It’s getting to the point I’d rather have Tony Straker at left back than Ricki Lamie after another howler yesterday. Not really getting why saints fans are so wound up about Watt and Rooney, off the top of my head I can only think of 1 incident when a foul was given in when the pair went up for a header, Rooney was on the ground “in pain”, Watt said something to him and he was up like a shot to have a pop back. Maybe it’s one these things you notice more if you’re on the other end of things....

Good luck to the Saints in the next round 👍🏻

It was the way Watt was shouting over him while he was on the ground injured when I'm not sure there'd been any incident between them previously in the game.

Watch Tony Watt in future Well games, he's a bit of a shitebag with bigger names in the game and he'll help them up and check they're okay after he trips them.   It was as if he was trying to act all big time with Rooney as he's not yet an established player at this level.

I never saw Tony Watt act aggressive at all in his season at Saints. It's the reason he's playing at our level I'm afraid.  He's a very talented player who brings no intensity or desire to his football whatsoever.  After a decent opening spell i expect he'll go the same way at motherwell, as is the pattern at most of his other clubs.

Both teams seem to have been fairly evenly matched for years. It wouldn't be a surprise if we get Saints in the Scottish Cup and win, such is the way results seem to go between both teams.

Once again Ricki fucking Lamie had a shocker and is quickly becoming one of our worst signings in recent memory. He's so far out of his depth at this level it's unreal. It's like playing 10 v 12 with Lamie in the team such is the number of chances he gifts the opposition any time he plays.

The league cup is always a good opportunity for a cup run, particularly this season given we bypassed the groups so while it's disappointing to go out at the first hurdle we can't have any complaints about the result given that performance. Good luck to the Saints in the next round!

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It was the way Watt was shouting over him while he was on the ground injured when I'm not sure there'd been any incident between them previously in the game.

Watch Tony Watt in future Well games, he's a bit of a shitebag with bigger names in the game and he'll help them up and check they're okay after he trips them.   It was as if he was trying to act all big time with Rooney as he's not yet an established player at this level.

I never saw Tony Watt act aggressive at all in his season at Saints. It's the reason he's playing at our level I'm afraid.  He's a very talented player who brings no intensity or desire to his football whatsoever.  After a decent opening spell i expect he'll go the same way at motherwell, as is the pattern at most of his other clubs.

Would they have both been at Celtic together or had Rooney been punted on by the time Watt came from Airdrie? Big Shaun could take him pretty easily  imo.

Also, just done a Random while bored watching Celtic getting pumped and went on steelmen online , oaft!!

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Would they have both been at Celtic together or had Rooney been punted on by the time Watt came from Airdrie? Big Shaun could take him pretty easily  imo.

Also, just done a Random while bored watching Celtic getting pumped and went on steelmen online , oaft!!

Did Rooney start at Celtic?  I didn't know that, thought he'd come up through lower league clubs.