Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

October 2031

7outiQh.png

Back down to earth with a bang.

We were pretty pish in these games, and in particular against Mons Calpe where we played against 10 men for most of the second half without doing anything.

eMTPhBL.png

Ah well, f**k it. Mid table mediocrity looks about all we'll manage, which is fun.

December 2031

4QfPFB0.png

Only one game this month - beaten fairly soundly by the best team in the league, which is fine. Kept the score pretty respectable, so I'll take it.

lka5DzE.png

We'll almost certainly finish in the top half, which will be the first time for the club in 7 seasons, so that's nice. Definite progress from last season.

January 2032

aWsqwiq.png

We had to play in the Cup first round again, not sure why, but it was fairly straightforward stuff. Against Lions was really poor though, should be beating shite like them.

LDFeVEe.png

Looks ok. but we're closer to the bottom of the league than the top. But still, we'll be in the top half for sure, so that's nice.

February 2032

3PS7Lof.png

The first two games were strange. We were really good against Man 62 but just couldn't score. And then the Magpies game was - by an absolute mile - the worst we've played in any game since I joined. Genuinely fucking dreadful.

We came back against Mons Calpe for a decent win, and fluked a draw against College 75. Overall, it was basically fine, I suppose.

ZyBwmCv.png

In the fight for third place with 3 other teams. That would get us into Europe, depending on who wins the cup, so that'd be nice. 

March 2032

vLCnOLt.png

We've completely fucking collapsed. All completely shambolic performances. I mean, we were beating Lynx with 5 minutes to go, and then conceded 3 goals. 

j1pQy9o.png

We're now no longer really in the fight for 3rd, and have nothing to play for.

End of the season will be fun. 

May 2032

joTpVAb.png

We lost twice, as expected, but we did better than I thought we would, and actually looked like we were going to take points in both of these games. Not bad, but not really good either.

g0eVPO7.png

There we go, 5th place. It's certainly an improvement, but we've still only managed half as many points as the winners, and lost more games than we didn't.  Will need to improve by much more if we're to win this.

Once again, if something better, either within or outwith Gibraltar, comes up, I'll be jumping ship.

Transfers 2032/33

YxlTwAk.png

There weren't any good job opportunities through the summer, so I'm still here. I'm keeping an eye out though.

Anyway, 3 signings, 1 of which I'm pleased with, 2 are fine but not really the standard required to push on.

The one I'm happy with is Harry Scott, a young attacking midfielder. Generally just a very decent player for the level I'm at, and should do well. I tried to sign him last summer, so pleased to get him at long last.

Spoiler

XNmjFcN.png

Adrian Mor is better than the other centre halves I had, but not very good. He's not terrible, and he will improve the team somewhat, but I'm not exactly enthused by him. He was about my 5th choice target, but everyone else said no, so here we are.

Spoiler

xpcHw5H.png

Michael Garrity is a centre midfielder and he's here to provide some depth. That's all I can bring myself to say about him

Spoiler

5axFKBE.png

September 2032

F00pBbY.png

The standard loss against Lincoln Red Imps, and then we had to come back against Lions to get our first win of the season. We should have scored a few more goals against them, but I'm just pleased we managed to beat them in the end. Need to hope that propels us onto some better form.

F5LXGWf.png

November 2032

a5s5QLh.png

Better this month. We were a bit unfortunate to lose against Magpies, although we certainly didn't deserve to win. Our best performance of the season came in the win against College 75 - although that's not a high bar. Still, at least we finally won another game.

MnUAyra.png

3 games left to try to make up 5 points on 6th and sneak into the top half. Realistically, we need to win all our games and hope for the best. I can't see it happening.

Just to highlight how far ahead they are, Lincoln Red Imps have beaten both Europa and Lynx 5-0 in the last few months.