Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

April 2027

QimXInv.png

Not the end to the season I had wanted. The Aberystwyth result annoyed me the most, as since the split they've completely stunk the place out and yet we threw away a 2-0 lead, and probably should have lost. TNS was standard fare and we didn't turn up against Barry either. f**k it.

JCfgpUk.png

We finish 4th, with just over half the amount of points that winners TNS got. 

To be fair though, if they're getting 92 out of a possible 96 points, what on earth am I supposed to do? They also scored an average of over 3 goals a game. Nonsense. 

oGTqhws.png

Anyway, our season isn't quite done and we've got the playoff for the European spots. Would be my first time playing in Europe, so that'd be nice. Will need to see how these games go first.

European Places Playoff

We go into the European playoff as the top rated side, with the 3 above me qualifying automatically. We face 7th place Flint Town first, and then it's the winner of Barry and Aberystwyth if we get through that. I really don't want to have to play Barry as they keep being better than me, and I haven't worked out how to beat them.

Anyway, the semi final is up first.

Spoiler

2LIIuZ7.png

Straightforward stuff, in the end. Some lovely route one nonsense for our first 2 goals as well, always pleasing to see.

That means we face Aberystwyth who beat Barry on penalties, a team who managed to finish 6th, with less points than 8 other teams, and a goal difference of -25. They've won 2 games in the calendar year

All set up for a hugely embarrassing loss.

Spoiler

UfzBxKZ.png

We didn't suffer the embarrassing loss, and instead dished out an absolute pumping. Delightful.

I think that means we've qualified for the Europa Conference thing, but I haven't had a message to say so yet, so we'll see what happens.

Europa Qualifying League - First Qualifying Round

We drew FC Riga, so a team from a better league but not significantly so. We've got a chance, but I expect them to be a decent side.

Spoiler

jeN1lul.png

New boy Stewart James scored a screamer to give us something to hold onto with the draw, but we were comprehensively outplayed. Delighted to escape with a draw

Spoiler

WWnuXXb.png

Despite very, very nearly throwing it away, we scrape through on penalties!

Again, we were the second best side, but our keeper had a good game, and they finished appallingly, which helped us out massively.

J1ot8j0.png

Ah, the European journey was nice while it lasted, but we're going to get fucked senseless by this Belgian mob.

Europa Qualifying League - Second Qualifying Round

Spoiler

ld6F1on.png

FG0CDpC.png

49 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

we're going to get fucked senseless by this Belgian mob.

So aye, called it. Not bothering with 2 spoilers as the first leg was such a giveaway of what happened.

Actually closer than I thought it would be, but they're obviously an absolute fucking mile ahead of us. They were pretty wasteful and could/should have scored more. Still, we were winning the second leg for a bit, and that was nice.

We would have had to have played Besiktas in the next round, so at least we don't have to get utterly humiliated in that.

Transfer Window 2027/28

wgHVCo5.png

As always, I'll start with the outgoings. The only one of these who played regularly was Ben Burrows, and he was pish, so no big losses.

at3PXJ7.png

Fairly pleased with most of these, but we shall see how they get on...

I'll start with Tom Pearce, a centre half who should be one of my better players, and a solid option at the back. Only 22 as well, so could still improve.  Not the best in the air, but a strong tackler and works hard.

Spoiler

qcrvTAt.png

Next up is Stewart James. Bangor were due about 100k in compensation, but let me have him for free inexplicably.  He's fast, has good technique and a bit of flair, so hopefully will add a touch of creativity. His end product looks suspect, but there's always a reason that someone is dicking about in the Welsh leagues.

Spoiler

jqfvhRq.png

I needed a new right back as it was a real problem area last season, so in comes Matthew Gibbins for 4k. He's fit and relatively decent defensively, and works really, really hard. A very limited player though, but I think he should be fine.

Spoiler

7xG0JPg.png

Morgan Roberts can play a few different positions, and I haven't quite decided where to play him yet, but he looks ok. Good decision making will be handy, and he's technically alright.

Spoiler

bY90qqY.png

Leon McDonald was my final signing, and can play centre midfield or up front. He'll probably play centre midfield mostly, but can move when required. Mental stats and physical stats are pretty good, and again he's only 20, so loads of time to improve.

Spoiler

EgXuspA.png

August 2027

uRzmNE0.png

A pretty bad start, albeit we've faced 4 of last season's top 6 so far. Conceding 7 goals to TNS suggests that they might be a good side again this season.

Hopefully we can get a good run going when we're up against some of the poorer sides in the division. It's either that or I'll be out on my arse.

d0T4rNt.png

Fucking TNS :lol: Scored 19 goals in 3 games so far.

Bit early to looks too much into it.

September 2027

8WxtWJs.png

Aside from one glorious showing against Airbus, the season hasn't really gotten any better. We've just not clicked at all yet, We have some good players but just can't get going.

gYoHchM.png

Starting to look not great, although we're only 3 points off top half.

Absolutely no chance of a title this season though. 

October 2027

4nR2ASx.png

So aye, we've clicked.

f**k knows what happened, I haven't actually changed anything, we've just managed to turn it around. 

Also, into the League Cup semi final, where we'll face TNS.... Getting to the semi final is still nice though. 

mpbLdd8.png

Shot right up the table with that, which is nice. 

As I said, we've still got no chance of winning the title, but still want to build on last season. 

November 2027

CwTnObh.png

Got a draw against TNS! They had a man sent off after 87 seconds, but still. 

Rest of the month went pretty much as expected, we were pretty unfortunate against Connah's Quay as well.

kqmVKOC.png

Looks significantly nicer than it did earlier in the season, but work still to be done to ensure we finish top half since we split after 22 games for some fucking reason.

December 2027

TsXwc7B.png

A good month. Especially pleased with dishing out an absolute doing to Caernarfon, did our goal difference wonders. Struggled  quite a bit against bottom side (and absolute dross) Penrhyncoch, but got the win in the end.

BqpRbRH.png

We're up to 3rd.

Given that we're already 20 points behind 2nd and 23 behind 1st, this is as good as the season will get, but up to us to secure that "best of the rest" spot.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

January 2028

Q6KA8XN.png

Aside from the traditional pumping off TNS in the League Cup semi, another very decent month.

Beating Flint and Aberystwyth has put us in a strong position for 3rd as well, which is nice. And we're still in the Welsh Cup.

FnDxTgF.png

Still in 3rd, and looking good which is swell.

3qyGqgS.png

The classic FM takeover - he's invested f**k all, changed f**k all and won't be sacking me.

February 2028

LXKOT09.png

Almost an excellent month, BUT we were 3 nil up against Connah's Quay with 16 minutes left and proceeded top absolutely f**k it. It was still a good month though, and we make our second semi final of the season as well.

FQSjpRp.png

6 games left, and we're 11 ahead of 4th so it's looking good. We're actually closer to 2nd than 4th now, and while Connah's are having an absolute collapse, it's still a long shot that we can catch them.

March 2028

l2qb8aH.png

Won the two games we had any chance of winning.

Bit of a farce how far ahead of everyone TNS are. Including this, they haven't lost a league game in the last 4 seasons, and this is their worst season in that time. 

O6on9o7.png

TNS won the league against us again this season, which annoyed me a bit, but we'll be coming 3rd at worst, so that's nice.

April 2028

RGnhpXo.png

And just like that, another league season closes. 

We did what was necessary, and were pretty unimpressive in the final 2 games, but job done as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to need to desperately hope that TNA have a complete collapse at some point to have any chance. Hopefully they'll hire Neil Lennon or something.

DkpbKdd.png

3rd place is good, and we're into Europe - will show up after the Welsh Cup final. As I said, this is the worst season TNS have had in a while, and they still only dropped 6 points...

We've got them in the Cup final next, so I look forward to getting pumped as they claim a 6th consecutive domestic treble.

Welsh Cup Final 2028

Spoiler

Fd0vlVx.png

Aye, as expected really.  It was a dive for the penalty, so I'll take it as a moral victory...

Still, overall a good season and good platform to build on.

They'll have a bad season eventually, we just need to make sure we capitalise on it.