Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

August 2023

Another new centre midfielder, Mark Oliver Roosnupp, joined. He can also play right midfield and attacking mid, which is useful, and looks alright.

Spoiler

4ks9YTy.png

0e96LiS.png

Another decent month - should have beaten Tammeka as well, and through 2 rounds of the cup. Another failure to beat Levadia though, I think they're too far ahead of us and we're running out of opportunities to catch them. Still, maybe next season.

6S3ZCSb.png

9 games to go. As I said, I think we're too far behind to get the title, but we're doing well.

xn2S52j.png

Got offered this as well, but they're utter shite. Seriously considered it as they're professional, but I'm hoping that, if I get into Europe, then the board will let me go professional as well, and my side is far better than theirs is. 

September 2023

QNZxrpa.png

Excellent stuff - 2 complete shitfests to start us off, and then we started pumping dross left, right and centre.

4jZQE0s.png

I think we can safely say that we're in the top 4, but it's all very tight. 4 points to make up in 5 games...

It's possible, but I think I've too much to do.

We've still to play both Flora and Levadia though, win those and who knows.

October 2023

4kbTbTr.png

That draw at the end there is going to cost us, put a real dampener on an otherwise good month.

Into the cup final though, where we'll face Kalju.

QlTBffr.png

It's not going to happen, but we're likely to be in European competition and, with a few solid additions to the squad, hopefully I can have another go next season.

zaQhe2P.png

I also enjoyed this. We're a bunch of fucking hammer throwers, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We're now up to 85 yellows

November 2023

mgAnsyU.png

Did our job against Kalev, but it wasn't to be and we lost to Levadia. They'd been beaten in their last game as well, but the league seems to go on games won before head to head or goal difference, so we were done for any way. 

GfKn360.png

Still, both Kalju and Flora lost, so we're into the European Conference or whatever it's called for next season.

SBeM5Iq.png

Just one game left this season - the Estonian Cup final against Kalju.

Estonian Cup Final

First chance for some silverware in the save, and we face Kalju - a side who we finished a point ahead of, but who won the double last season and have been one of the more successful sides in Estonia for the last decade, while we haven't won the Cup since before Hitler and his pals rolled into town. Still, we beat them a couple of times this season so every chance.

Spoiler

Swc8CeK.png

Hooray!

We scored with both our first and second shots, which was nice. They were dominant without ever really creating anything, and delightfully we were able to take advantage of it.

UzQfzFb.png

6zBb3Ty.png

Spoiler

Y50vx5T.png

TJK refused to go professional, so I've jumped ship. 

Paide have been a solid midtable side in the Estonian Top flight since  2009. They are, however, professional and have a bit of money to spend, so I should have better prospects of taking on Levadia et al with them. I also fully intend on taking any TJK players who are any good, so should be overtaking them at least. In any case, I don't think I was going to be able to keep up my performances from last season with them.

Bit of a risk that this all goes horribly wrong, but we shall see. 

Meet the Team

3.5 or 3 stars is "Good player for Estonian Premier League", 2.5 says "currently operating at Premier League level"

kefHdNM.png

Some good options here, including old TJK man Vastsuk. He'll play attacking midfield mostly, but looks like decent cover for main man Golovljov. He got 18 goals last season, which is nice.

r8mmFLF.png

Looks like a good starting line up here, and there's some depth - although a noticeable drop off in quality. 

nwmul1D.png

This is the first problem area.  Miller and Kreida as things stand, but I'd really like to improve that. I remember Miller scoring an absolute screamer against my TJK side, so I'm assuming he's good but he might be pish.

JeNDmP0.png

We're ok at full back, but my centre halves are ropey, to say the least. Need to get a couple of options there.

0WFCGt8.png

Fine with that, on the basis that Karofeld doesn't get injured. If he does, I'm fucked but that's something to worry about if it happens.

pUPe2lR.png

That should help though. I don't really have 212k to spend, since I'll need to fire some into the wage budget, but still a decent amount for this league.

Transfers 2024

4TRbF03.png

Outgoings first - not a single one here that I care even slightly about.

ANeuTo7.png

And the incoming players. 

Henrik Purg was my best player (by some distance) at TJK, so I brought him in given the need for centre halves. He was 4 and a half stars at TJK, only gets 3 here, but will be good cover for me and play a fair bit as well.

Spoiler

F8lQ15x.png

Artem Makhonin becomes my best player, and is also a centre half. Which is nice. Genuinely very pleased with this signing.

Spoiler

Dlx1vUJ.png

Stephen McGinn. I assume all know what he's about. Joins on a free from Livi, becomes my vice captain and will get plenty of games.

Spoiler

NWNJG6Y.png

April 2024

JTbVluN.png

The Paide juggernaut keeps on going. Small hiccup against Tammeka, and we had to come from 2 down against Kuressaare, but I can really have no complaints with anything so far this season.

Beating Kalju was excellent - we had to hang on a bit with 10 men, but managed it anyway.

yMqjKtQ.png

7 points clear after 10 games is no bad going. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it's looking promising.

May 2024

VG3qwiz.png

Should not have lost that game against Trans. We just couldn't score, and then handed them a goal 10 minutes from the end. Utter nonsense.

Rest of the month went well, including draws away at the other two title challengers.

GeYb8HB.png

Lead at the top cut to 4 points, but almost half way and we've still got some breathing space.

August 2024

XyBDT2K.png

I legitimately don't think I've ever had a run like this on any FM ever. 13 wins in a row now, and unbeaten in 19. Ludicrous stuff.

Beat Kalju as well, so we're getting very close to that title.

qDVHGrL.png

As I said before, I don't want to get ahead of myself. But if I don't win from here, I'll be genuinely apoplectic. 

October 2024

FacMUvK.png

93JBmRK.png

Job Done. This season has been a bit of a procession to be honest, we've been top of the league since the first day of the season, scored 92 goals and only failed to win 6 out of 34. Utterly dominant.

We're also into the Estonian Cup Final, which is lovely. Will be nice to get a couple and sign off from Estonia in style.

yYKuVwW.png

Title is ours, and we only need 1 more point to get the highest total since the save began, which would be nice.

Shame to see TJK go down, but it would seem that all their best players from when I was manager have left, and they haven't replaced any of them so what can you expect.

7ew4hl4.png

Apparently one cup and one league title is enough to make me the 9th best manager in the history of Estonian football. Hopefully be able to add another cup soon.

November 2024

tKy61Ag.png

And we see the league season out with a couple more wins, ideal. 

0ORNmgN.png

Won the league by 18 points in the end, and got the highest points total since the save began. The actual record is 97 so it's a shame we never made that but oh well. We also scored 98 goals, which is frustrating that we didn't quite make the 100.

Still, Estonia completed and it's only a measly 53 countries to go..

Before all that, my second consecutive Estonian Cup Final..

Estonian Cup Final 2024

Final game in Estonia, and we face Trans in the Cup final.

While we finished 41 points and 4 places ahead of them in the table this season, they are one of the two teams I've lost to (although I beat them the other 3 times, including 5-1 and 4-1). There's teams I would have rather faced, but we're absolutely the favourites for this one. Would be nice to sign off with a cup.

Spoiler

RFOiUK8.png

Aw for fucks sake :lol:

Absolutely pumped. I don't know what happened, we just got completely done. Not the way I wanted to end it, but f**k it, these things happen.

heiYljA.png

The important thing is that Estonia is completed, and I have left Paide. Next up on the list, Montenegro.