Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

ctx3L9G.png

Next stop - San Marino. Needs to get done at some point, so why not now.

San Giovanni have consistently been one of the worst teams in San Marino, with their only trophy being a single second tier title in 1995. 

As things are, there's 15 teams in the country, all of whom play in one division. The top 12 after 28 games go into a knockout competition to decide the champions - so theoretically it's possible to finish 12th in the table and end up as Champions. 

Meet the Team

3.5 stars is 'decent player for Campionato Sammarinese, 3 stars just says useful backup for first team

l83pJbD.png

Ah pish. Not very good. I mean, there's plenty of depth, it's just that none of them are up to much. Will need to try and improve upon this.

ujQxTk8.png

f**k me, that's even worse.

V0KNP3C.png

Well, centre midfield and right midfield look decent, which is good. Left midfield is yet another problem area.

Cj7GEY7.png

I have one outstanding defender, but f**k all else, basically. Right back seems a strong area, but major work needed.

JSOeYq0.png

At least I don't need to bother with a new keeper. That's something at least.

My team is utter fucking dross, even by the standards of the San Marinese league. This'll be fun.

Transfers 2025/26

ZQnGAQg.png

Had a genuinely horrendous time trying to keep  my better players, with everyone on available to go for free.

Francioni is a huge loss, and the other two would have been good to keep around as well.

6JibbKn.png

These are the guys I managed to bring in. Was hoping for more, but this'll have to do.

Federico Rosa is my new left back. I originally signed him to let me play Francoini at centre half, but that didn't really work out.  He's hilariously bad going forward, but relatively solid defensively. That'll have to do.

Spoiler

E24QX5Y.png

Next up are my new front two of Fedeli and Trawaly. Trawaly is a poacher, whereas I'll have Fedeli as a Target Man, which I'm hoping will suit the hoofball I'm planning on employing. At the very least, they're a marked improvement on what I had.

Spoiler

JPDHhj0.png

Spoiler

2xhLUvA.png

Bosco and Santi are here as squad filer, they're not great but a bit of potential and should be fine in an emergency.

Spoiler

V9aq1Py.png

Spoiler

4wveTHL.png

October 2025

hXglVNC.png

We should have beaten Faetano, and missed a penalty just before they scored which was a right pain in the arse.

We then went down to 10 men and conceded a penalty against Libertas, but the rest of the month went fine. Looks like we're a fairly average side, and I'd expect this to be the pattern the rest of the season follows.

vkvf5OL.png

We're doing fine. As I said, 12th would give us a chance of winning the title so that has to be the minimum aim.

December 2025

NKQlJ7j.png

It's been a tough month.

Rescuing draws against Fiorentino and Cosmos was the highlight, but even that wasn't actually very good. Looking at bringing in some reinforcements in the January window, as my current team is having a nightmare.

Z3uSMaT.png

Slipping down the table - we're still in the playoff spots but only just. Really need to turn my form around quickly though.

January 2026

I said I needed reinforcements, and inexplicably a load of guys at better clubs than me were willing to sign, so here we go...

mLXoJ94.png

I'll just work my way down that list.

Massimiliano Torelli is a right winger with a decent enough level of technical ability, and a small amount of pace, so I'm pretty hopeful he can be a good source of chances. This will go for everyone, but he's better than he replaced.

Spoiler

XOcTVuP.png

Della Valle will be playing on the opposite wing to Torelli, and also looks pretty decent. His end product is abysmal, but I'm hoping that he can get enough chances to try crossing that inevitably some of them will be ok.

Spoiler

QD94azB.png

Zanotti is a right back - he's pretty average but the guy he's replacing are absolute garbage. Can also cover centre back, which is nice.

Spoiler

ZndBP4s.png

Francoini is a centre back and looks good, I'm quite pleased with him. All the basics look fine, and I think the basics are about all I can get in this league.

Spoiler

FO5yzhi.png

Verenucci will be playing centre midfield for me, and although his technical ability is average at an absolute push, mentally he's pretty decent and I think he should be a useful addition. Gives me some depth at the very least, as previously I couldn't make a substitution in midfield without an obviously huge drop in quality.

Spoiler

WB5rU6x.png

Zafferani is a striker who I spent actual money on. I mean, it was 500 quid but still. He scored 6 in 8 games for his last club, and at the very least they should miss him. His movement should help him get chances and his finishing, while not great, should see him get a reasonable amount of goals.

Spoiler

Pq7QLxO.png

Cevoli is to be my other centre half. He's a full international and should provide some experience, which is good. Hopefully him and Francoini will form a good partnership.

Spoiler

z3pwJmB.png

Right, onto how the month went...

7yPXIbB.png

We finally ended our horror run against Juvenes. Genuienly shocked me as they're quite good, but we did our job. Then stormed into the semi final of the cup which would be lovely to win.

The rest of the month was weird. I don't think my new players have quite gelled yet, but we're certainly better than we were.

mS1mUik.png

5 points ahead of Tre Penne, so we have a good chance to make the playoffs and take it from there. Basically just want to finish as high up as possible.

February 2026

APt3RPJ.png

Good month, other than the Pennarossa game.

f**k all happened in the Folgore game, and then it looked like we clicked in the next two games. We looked pretty good and were never in any danger of losing either of the games. It was all looking promising

Then came Pennarossa. We were 1 down in 30 seconds, and had a man sent off after 4 minutes, so getting out without taking an absolute pumping was great.

qQSXZRF.png

Still, we're 9 points ahead of 13th with them having 4 games to play. I would think that one more win should do it.

April 2025

MwLVnmI.png

We gave ourselves a good lead in the cup tie, and then should have won the last game of the league season, but didn't.

3zfG6ad.png

Final table looks like this. 10th, but still in with a shout at the title.

3z0tAX8.png

Faetano. A 1-1 and a 1-0 loss against them this season. But let's see what happens

Playoff - Qualifying Roung

Spoiler

ZeToCHV.png

First Leg didn't go quite to plan. We started really, really poorly but grew into the game well. We couldn't do quite enough though, and have given ourselves a tough time in the second leg.

Spoiler

IekDG1O.png

We played well for about 4 minutes of this game, but that was enough to get the job done. Bit embarrassing that we got dragged through by a 17 year old, but I'll take it. Scored two great goals.

0af5af2ce272093a0a1396e587991dda.gif

3e8a4501bc21ba4e74535b071c8163ee.gif

Anyway, it all means that we go into the quarter final of the playoffs - where the actually good teams come in.

86gD4B9.png

10th v 2nd. A tall order.

Playoff - Quarter Final 2026

Spoiler

GvuajAg.png

That went swimmingly. Every single one of our first 4 shots went in, and then after that we defended pretty well. It was a weird game, but I'll take it.

Gives us a good chance of the semi, provided we don't take an absolute shafting. Which is a possibility.  

Spoiler

1OhtKvy.png

And we didn't get pumped, and are into the Semi Final.

Another pretty solid defensive display - Cevoli and Francoini are really starting to click. We didn't do much going forward, but we didn't have to. Panicked a little when they scored, but we regrouped and saw the game through.

zcOAAma.png

Libertas, who finished top of the league, in the next round. Another tough tie, but we've just seen off the second best so who knows. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Playoff - Semi Final 2026 (First Leg)

Spoiler

RRI6GDf.png

Totally robbed in this one.

We just couldn't take our chances, and were hit on the break.  

Still, we were in a similar position against Faetano, so with any luck we can do it again. They really weren't that much better than us, which is at least a good sign for next season, if not this.

Coppa Titano Semi Final 2026 (Second Leg)

Jz9K56g.png

Well, into the Cup final we go.

Again, we looked very comfortable throughout, and our lead from the first leg was never in any danger, whatsoever. Our goal really killed it, and we saw it out no bother.

uEckkyd.png

Tre Fiori - a side who finished one place below us, but we've beaten already this season.

Hopefully go better than my last cup final did. 

Playoff - Semi Final 2026 (Second Leg)

Spoiler

oDhWsgR.png

Fucking glorious!

It was almost the exact reverse of the first leg, we got a bit of a doing here but took both of our chances. They had plenty of the ball, but didn't really do much with it.

We were still heading out until the last minute though, but a ball pumped into the box was headed in to send us into the final

uHB5Urd.png

Pennarossa. Played twice, lost twice and been completely outplayed twice.

Can't wait.

Unlike every other round, it's a one off so all I need is one more big performance

Before that though, the Coppa Titano final.