Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Which countries have won international tournaments in this save?

World Cup: FBIiD4f.png

Euros: s0RNLw0.png

Copa America: e9TOkdd.png

Asian Cup: bOUxEhm.png

Oceania Nations Cup: Gxjyvoe.png

AFCON: Cpxm9gF.png

North American Gold Cup: aSNK71Q.png

Edit: Scotland have been to a couple of World Cup quarter finals, and the second round of the Euros once. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

What the hell happened In the 2032 Copa America and the 2044 Euros!?

Switzerland pretty much Greece 2004'd their way through to the final - 2 penalty shootouts and a 1-0. Ukraine appear to have a very, very good team, although they also got through their group as one of the third placed sides.

Absolutely no idea how China ended up winning the Copa America though. 

I thought the weirdest one was the 2022 World Cup - a Croatia v USA final, with Iran and Belgium the other semi finalists...

January 2047

Started the month with a signing - Jordan Hurley, an Irish centre midfielder who looks pretty tidy on the ball, and certainly good enough for my side. Pleased with him.

Spoiler

7rez1SW.png

4mMP8ae.png

Well, my unbeaten run came to an end, but other than that it was g good month. The loss was the first game where we've played really badly, and really frustrating given that Marsa are quite a bad team, but we've scored 3 in every other league game this month, and got through to the cup semi final.

hgUuzL8.png

Despite the loss, we've gone top by a point. I'd say it's now between three teams, and we're playing Valletta and Hibernians next month, away from home, so that could be huge for the title race.

February 2047

YMSIJRp.png

The month started poorly, with my best player leaving to join Hibernians. They are the only professional team in the league, and have given him a fairly hefty wage rise, but it's still a pain in the arse.

rwyReSx.png

From there though, the month turned out brilliantly. We couldn't get past Melita, despite dominating completely, but Jordan Hurley showed that signing him was worth it with goals in wins against our title rivals Valletta and Hibernians. We also destroyed Mellieha, which puts us in a very good position in the title race.

1UwxThH.png

6 games left, and we have a 5 point lead. The only top side we've still to play is Floriana, and we have 3 of the bottom 5 still to play as well.

We should have enough to see it out from here. 

March 2047

ta3EKD8.png

Well, the three league wins are great, and put us on the brink of clinching the title. We were put out of the cup on penalties though, after throwing away a 2-0 lead, so that slightly annoyed me, but the main prize has always been the league - and we're almost certain to win that.

pYrbSNu.png

As I said, we're about to win the league. We're 7 points clear with 9 to play for. We still have San Gwann, Floriana and bottom side Sirens to play - we really should be picking up at least 3 points from that.

Almost there.

Malaysia

n3vlSA4.png

Just a friendly, but good to win against a fairly similarly ranked side in Kyrgyzstan. I was hoping after the Asian Cup that a better job would come up, but it didn't, so I'll have a go at the World Cup qualifiers with Malaysia. If I don't qualify, that'll be me I think - I'm not going to achieve better than I have with them.

April 2047

Ptx8DCT.png

We had to wait a couple of weeks longer than I wanted since we couldn't find a way past San Gwann, but as above it was job done against Floriana, and then I played a couple of the reserves as we saw out the season with a comfortable win against Sirens.

Kari Arge has had another outstanding season for me. 

rn2lAHX.png

His career record now reads 100 games, 84 goals. I realise that it's been exclusively at absolutely shite levels of football, but that's no bad at all.

pbYTItW.png

And the final table looks like this, we're comfortable winners. One loss all season, against a fairly bad team as well, but can't complain with that and it's job done in Malta.

AUCeK9j.png

Next up - The Failed Statelet.

Just for my own interest, this is how the leagues in Scotland look at the end of the 2046/47 season...

Premiership

YrqLqvn.png

Championship

CaLuwZE.png

League One

YVMOXi1.png

League Two

ZlKcjgr.png

Both Annan and Cowdenbeath have been out the national divisions for over 20 years at this point, while the team who have fared the worst seems to be Queen of the South - they've only spent 2 season outside League Two since 2032/33. Morton also had a spell in the bottom tier, finishing 9th in it one season.

The cups have fluctuated between the OF, with Hibs (twice), Livi, Hearts and Dundee United the only other sides to win the Scottish Cup, while Motherwell and Hearts are the only teams to get the League Cup. The Challenge Cup has, predictably, become a nonsense, with youth teams and foreign sides regularly making the final and/or winning it.

June 2047

TH96WRJ.png

A good draw against Uzbekistan, followed by a fairly comfortable and entirely expected win against Taiwan. 

We also got the draw for the World Cup Qualifiers

jlyuk8S.png

We have no chance, given only the top side in this group goes through, and that'll be Australia. If we can come second, that'd be a good result.

September 2047

lpgfY2O.png

That Lebanon result is genuinely outstanding. We were comfortably the inferior side throughout the game, and they were very wasteful with chances, and then Adil Ali, a 24 year old defensive midfielder making his international debut, fired a shot in from about 30 yards into the top corner. A brilliant start to the campaign.

The win against Macau was pretty shite. I mean, we did beat them, but we should be putting far more than 2 goals past shite like that. 

96NWR2v.png

Lebanon, who I thought would be our main competitor for 2nd place have had a shocker of a start, losing to us, and Kuwait via a 93rd minute penalty. Pleasing to see, as I've also realised that being one of the better second placed sides could send us through to the final qualifying round and give us a shot at getting to the World Cup

We've got Kuwait and Australia next month. I'm looking to beat Kuwait, and keep the score down v Australia.

No club job yet.

October 2047

F6C5JLL.png

I got the win I needed against Kuwait, which was ideal - especially given that we only had 34% possession in the game. They did nothing with the ball though, and we never looked like losing.

Wanted to keep it lower against Australia, but 3-0 isn't a complete humiliation. Just move on from it.

BzpQEIF.png

Currently in 3rd, but we've still to play Hong Kong, which I would imagine would be a game we should win fairly comfortably.

Another round against everyone still to go as well.

XoA4JjU.png

Still waiting on a job - Finnish side FC Honka said no, annoyingly. They'd have been a good side to tick Finland off with, but oh well. 

On 27/03/2021 at 23:14, oneteaminglasgow said:

World Cup: FBIiD4f.png

Euros: s0RNLw0.png

They really do love themselves don't they!

On 28/03/2021 at 19:16, oneteaminglasgow said:

XoA4JjU.png

Honking. Have you had many rejections? One Team will be an old man soon! I saw you answered somebody saying what your minimum age would be at completion. Is there an age where the game forces you to retire?

Really enjoying your quest by the way. I only ever nip in every once in a while so I've always got a few season's worth to catch up on, it's a good read, thanks.

You've inspired me to attempt something similar in my next save, but I'm a very slow player and enjoying my current game, so it could be a few years off yet!

5 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

They really do love themselves don't they!

Honking. Have you had many rejections? One Team will be an old man soon! I saw you answered somebody saying what your minimum age would be at completion. Is there an age where the game forces you to retire?

Really enjoying your quest by the way. I only ever nip in every once in a while so I've always got a few season's worth to catch up on, it's a good read, thanks.

You've inspired me to attempt something similar in my next save, but I'm a very slow player and enjoying my current game, so it could be a few years off yet!

Aye, England seem to end up incredible in every save I've ever had.

Must be only a handful of rejections in this save to be honest, that was the first I've had in a while. In terms of age, I've never gon eon long enough to find out, but I believe that once you hit a certain point (Maybe 100?) the game just stops you from getting any older. 

Glad you're enjoying it.

November 2047

MaBj5YM.png

Another smash and grab effort against Lebanon, and a comfortable win against Hong Kong. That Hong Kong game is the first time we've looked really comfortable since the AFF Championships, which was nice and the boy Hussein with the hat trick only had one international goal prior, so was good to see him do well.

isbgLqf.png

Puts us in pole position looking to finish 2nd. We play Kuwait next (although not till March) and, if we win that, it'll be all but done. Lebanon are out of it now, following the loss to us.

t7BHy9e.png

Still no club job - was offered an interview with this mob, but they've won the Georgian league before so can't take it. Pity. 

Spoiler

HU3z50B.png

I'm off to Moldova, and Spartanii Selemet. Based in the village of Selemet, which has about 3500 people in it, they're one of Moldovan football's also rans. They've spent most of the last 20 years being promoted to, and then immediately relegated from, the top flight, although had a long stint in the second tier recently, this is their first season back up in a while.

Anyway, it's currently January 2048 and they're half way through the season. It's going like this...

5w2ybUn.png

Among the worst season's I've seen from any side, and lucky that there another equally atrocious team. We're also inexplicably still in the Moldovan cup, and face a third tier side in the quarter finals.

Big job on my hands here, but keeping this mob up would be a great achievement. I don't think I'll be successful. 

Meet the Team

4 stars is decent player for most Divizia Nationala sides, 3 is good player for most Divizia A sides.

7HzJxpi.png

We have one striker who's good enough for this level, and one who's not but isn't embarrassingly out of his depth. Below that is shite, but given that we've won once all season, it's pretty much what I expected.

ZaWhlS8.png

Again, we have a handful of guys who are good enough for this division, and a load who're nowhere near it. No depth on the wings either, which isn't ideal.

uc1Og7Y.png

I'm seeing a pattern here - a handful of guys who'd be able to cut it, supplemented by a lot of fucking dross.

d3V6Hfe.png

Oh for fucks sake. Our best goalkeeper should be playing third tier football. This situation needs to be sorted ASAP.

January 2048

ilx4yx6.png

My first game was against Codru Lovoza, where we contrived to lose after actually playing quite well. Got through in the cup after that, before a routine loss against top side Petrocub Hincesci.

I managed to get the first point of my Spartanii reign against Dinamo Tiraspol, but we were 2-0 up and missed a penalty so feels like we threw away a win more than anything else. It's a positive step I suppose. 

t9L4N4C.png

Annoyingly, it looks like I've arrived just as Singerei started to pick up some points. It's between us and them to finish 9th and avoid automatic relegation - anyone above us is already safe, I'd say.

February 2048

I managed to make a load of signings - the window didn't open till the end of this month, so they've not had much impact so far. None of them are particularly great, but they're better than what I had, and I'm just desperate for guys who aren't completely out their depth. 

Makarov is the best of them, and the two Malaysian boys are likely to be ok - the goalkeeper is at least competent which should make a pleasant change for me. 

Spoiler

UQ5cPuZ.png

gDZQdde.png

xMCMOhM.png

bKhvZ3j.png

0hnGd9n.png

Well, the first two games were a write-off, but we managed to get a win in the one that really, really mattered. We weren't the better side, and we ended the game with ten men, but managed to get a goal and hold on to the lead. 

New boy Azman also dragged us to another win - our first of the season that wasn't against SIngerei - against Nisporeni. Delighted.

YmCBKwN.png

As I said, we've got no chance of catching 8th place, but we're now up to 9th, and if we can stay there we at least give ourselves a chance in a playoff to stay up.