Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

September 2051

X3K5Gx9.png

Incredibly predictable losses against two of the top four to start the month, before we got my first points at the club with a good win against bottom side Telavi, and a point which should have been more against Sioni.

I think the rest of this season will be an absolute slog, but we'll see how it goes.

p884SYC.png

Three points behind with seven games left. We'll see how it goes. 

October 2051

Iqw0Du3.png

An excellent month, especially with some pretty difficult games. Absolutely stole a point against Dinamo with them giving away a needless penalty right at the end after missing countless chances, before a thoroughly unexpected win against Lokomotivi, where we missed a penalty as well.

We were better that Dila Gori until just before half time, where we got a guy sent off, but we defended well after that to hold on to the point.

cp3x8ox.png

That all moves us out of the bottom three and the playoff spots.

It's between us and Sioni, basically, and we both have relatively tough run ins - although we face Torpedo Kutaisi and a win there could go a long, long way to keeping us up. 

November 2051

6QLky00.png

Stole a win against Semtredia, and then threw one away against ten man Torpedo.

We were absolutely outstanding against Dinamo Batumi though, had something like 44 shots and was the most comprehensive victory I've had in a while.

What does it mean for the table though...

KcGSFJC.png

wVGxKpC.png

Just one point picked up by Sioni means that we're safe. With one game to go, we'll be finishing 7th and there's very, very little to play for throughout the entire league.

We managed to hit form at exactly the right time to stay up, but there's still a fairly large rebuilding job required before next season in order to be a bit more comfortable next year.

December 2051

O91FfD1.png

An absolute non-event to end the season. If I was trying to shine a positive light, we did ok against the champions, but being honest both sides clearly couldn't be arsed with this game.

YCfhJO5.png

Both the top flight sides won their playoff ties, so stay up.

In other news...

ihb4o4F.png

£375k for 600 odd seats seems excessive, but the clubs finances are healthy so it's not a huge deal. 

Transfers 2052

pILRRm7.png

707kL4b.png

No major losses there, mostly just getting a load of utter dross out the door. The board accepted a bid for my best player, which I was fuming about, but thankfully he turned down the contract offer and signed a new deal with me.

LbRqVhS.png

3iHWI6c.png

I'll start with Dino Gillies, who I signed early on in my reign but who wasn't able to be registered to play until this season. He's a centre half, and should be a solid back up option for me. Looks fine for that.

Spoiler

gzUjGpg.png

Beriashvili and Goglichidze were signed before I turned up, Both strikers, both should be fine. Beriashvili was on loan last season, and did quite well so hopefully will keep that up.

Spoiler

zqOYbK6.png

Jmqjnc5.png

Maroales is another centre half, who can also cover at left back. He'll mainly play centre half for me though, partly because he's slow as a week in the jail so I think he'd be dreadfully exposed by any half decent winger. Looks good though.

Spoiler

vR8lzpH.png

Gil is, by some way, the signing I'm most excited about. He's a left winger who joins after leaving Santos, and he's a technically gifted player with the potential to be excellent - I hope he will be anyway because I'm paying him a fortune. When I signed him, Inter Milan were having a look at him too so I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up somewhere decent later in the save, particularly with this sort of thing...

fyp1pMO.png

Spoiler

R4eFv0f.png

Raul Ursuleasa is a striker joining from the Romanian lower leagues, and has a bit of a mixed record there but he was free and has decent attributes to do a job up front.

Spoiler

87lyYUM.png

Driton Sadiku joins as my new right back, and unlike almost every other right back I've ever had, he's good going forward and a bit dodgy defensively. Excited to see how he gets on.

Spoiler

ftpz8uD.png

Ceballos is my stop gap goalkeeper. I don't think he'll be good enough long term, but he'll be fine for this season, and I can look at someone better next.

Spoiler

cIht2ey.png

Radu is here to play left back, and look a dependable defender but little else. He should still be able to do a decent job though.

Spoiler

l2R4oyw.png

Montejano I've signed as cover, and because he doesn't count towards my foreign player quota which I've filled.

Spoiler

EYooUXj.png

April 2052

qIM4s2B.png

A really good month that, going unbeaten and winning three on the bounce as well. Gil got a rating of 10 for the Sioni game, and we've generally looked excellent.

Dished out an absolute pumping in the cup as well.

dJFKsWH.png

We're looking good as things stand. 

Also had this pop up this month

IWjSo06.png

May 2052

SdooQuF.png

I'll take that, two pretty heavy defeats against some of the leagues top sides, but decent comeback wins in the other games, and comfortably into the next round of the cup.

h0gTO6K.png

Looking good, we're comfortable in midtable. I'd say that, given we're already 14 points behind, we have no chance of the title but that was never a realistic target this season. No danger of relegation is all I'm looking for, and we're looking solid for that. 

June 2052

wSz0Iyw.png

We seem to actually be a very competent Georgian top flight side now. I was expecting to be better than last season, but not by this much.

Pleasing.

3DtLRRM.png

Saburtalo are running away with the title, and remarkably we seem to be in the battle for European spots, and still in the cup as well. I haven't won a cup competition since I was in the Faroes, so I'd quite like to win it here.

I also had some transfer activity this month. Atanackovic left, because he's shite, and I put a couple of guys out on loan. Incoming was Miroslav Ivanovic, an attacking midfielder. He's very good on set pieces, and decent all round so should be an asset. Not been fit enough to play yet, but should appear in the next few games.

Spoiler

xoAViBQ.png

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

July 2052

irASoLX.png

Good start to the month, although we conceded a couple of late goals against Sioni to make it an uncomfortable end to the game. We weren't very good against either Samtredia or Lokomtivi though, which is unfortunate.

HXfPQmF.png

Aye, that loss against Lokomotivi puts us behind them but we're still in with a decent shout at the top four.

August 2052

1C8bT5p.png

Some good results, some bad ones. 

Shouldn't be dropping points against dross like Dila Gori, and we were 2-0 up against Chikhura before being taken back to 2-2. Need to stop that nonsense. Beating Saburtalo was great though, we played very well in that game.

qbgWQWO.png

Still in the chase for top four.

September 2052

CYXqlQV.png

Another victory over the runaway league leaders, this time in the cup, was excellent and a few really solid wins to follow that up.

We do seem prone to an occasional doing though, and we took another one at the hands of Lokomotivi.

IoAF89N.png

The picture hasn't changed a lot.

My main focus is on the cup, with the semi final coming up next against Dinamo Batumi. The other semi is between Samtredia and Lokomotivi.

October 2052

zz8X06E.png

A great result against Samtredia which really puts us in the driving seat for fourth, and we got through to the Cup final as well.

Another very positive month.

PJioysL.png

Four points ahead with four games left, we should be finishing in fourth from here, and the cup final coming up too.

November 2052

RHkCKAy.png

Well, we were soundly beaten by Dinamo Tblisi, but we were extremely comfortable in the other two games - especially the Dila Gori game which was emphatic. Hattricks for both my wingers as well.

IRWzLW4.png

With one league game to go, we've secured that fourth placed spot, and given that we play Lokomotivi in the final of the cup, we'll be playing in Europe next season.

David Kipiani Cup Final - 2052

This is the biggest game in the club's history, and we're facing Lokomotivi Tblisi - a side who've beaten us 3-0 in our last two meetings, so they definitely go into it as favourites. I have actually got a good record in Cup finals throughout this save - the only ones I can remember losing are an Estonian Cup final with Paide and one of my Icelandic cup finals.

Anyway, onto the game itself...

Spoiler

u38jHwd.png

Glorious.

We absolutely did not deserve to win that game. 2 shots on target, 2 goals. Lokomotivi weren't at their best, but still, I'd have been fucking seething if the roles were reversed. Gil's first goal was absolutely great though, and we held out pretty well at the end.

itma21X.png

y84YfTk.png

My first cup win in a while, and delighted to get some silverware in my first full season in Georgia.

U6tB4KX.png

It also means that we go into the Europa Conference League a round later than we would have otherwise, which is another bonus. 

Georgian Super Cup - 2053

I didn't realise that Georgia had a Super Cup, but we're in it after winning the cup. Obviously, we're facing last season's champions Saburtalo, who we actually have a decent record against.

Spoiler

Zy0upN2.png

And I add another trophy to Merani's collection.

A lot like the cup final, we were second best but took our chances. Sadiku's goal was a belter, and getting back into it so quickly through Beriashvili's goal was brilliant stuff too. They definitely should have equalised on numerous occasions, and we cleared the ball off the line at least twice. 

Still, that's two trophies here now. Hooray.

kdcf3RR.png

n2Yf5on.png

Transfers - 2053

sWx3Meu.png

WBV7pW2.png

CZmL5jX.png

Right, quite a lot of outgoing players. The biggest one was Giorgi Nikoleishvili, my best centre back at only 18 years old, heading off to Benfica. He asked to leave, and I agreed if we got a bid of 750k he could go, thinking that no one would bid that, but then Benfica immediately came in over that, so had to let him go. He's now on loan at Dinamo Tblisi, which is a pisser.

Rybus and Gillies are the only other ones who got regular games last season, but neither are really good enough so not as big a loss.

nDZ5tAD.png

ljv8M6V.png

Ivanovic I covered last season, but I'm not taking a new screenshot so.

Anyway, Tsetskladze is a back up attacking/centre midfielder. He's young and pretty decent, good on the ball. Should develop a bit, and definitely gives me someone competent for when Ivanovic is injured/suspended, which I didn't really have last season, so that's good.

Spoiler

tigaq8p.png

Giorgi Natroshvili is a central midfielder, and I'm planning on him being a starter for me. Like Tsetskhladze, he's very good on the ball, and his vision and work rate are both excellent. I'm pleased with him, he's certainly an improvement on Rybus who he's basically a replacement for.

Spoiler

keGl3OH.png

Mirsad Omerovic is a centre half, and he looks pretty good. He's pretty limited on the ball, but he can defend solidly, and has a bit of pace as well. He's also got Georgian citizenship and doesn't count towards my foreign players quota, which is hugely important given I've filled it.

Spoiler

keGl3OH.png

Now, I think that Petr Havel is the best signing I've made. He just looks fantastic. That's all I really have to say.

Spoiler

Kg0CtdK.png

Orlando Figueroa is another centre back, I probably could have done without him, but he looks very good too. Can pass as well as defend, and should be able to form a solid partnership with Omerovic.

Spoiler

Kg0CtdK.png

Lastly, I needed a left back. Neither Radu not Maroales looked particularly comfortable there last season, so I've brought in Doherty from Falkirk. I was looking for someone a bit better going forward than he is, but I couldn't find one. He's a bit of a panic signing to be honest, but he's good defensively and has the pace and stamina to get up and down the park effectively, so we'll see how it goes.

Spoiler

6LUIEqz.png

So that's my team. Again, I think we're a better side than we were last season. We'll see how it goes.