Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

July 2054

W3KjpEF.png

Transfer window this month, and the big two outgoings were Omerovic and Ivanovic. Both had their minimum release clauses met, so I had no choice, but it necessitated bringing in replacements.

Stevan Milosavljevic is a centre back, good defensively, can pass and cover at right back if needed. He's not outstanding, but certainly good enough for me.

Spoiler

o0zc47f.png

Amel Dizdarevic is an attacking midfielder and Champions League winner, although he's very firmly on the downslide of his career. He's still a great player technically, but his physical stats are shite now. He's here to provide depth.

Spoiler

SZivwz5.png

yuMYFEK.png

Good month - we're through in Europe and positive results in every league game. A couple of last minute goals to claim a draw against Saburtalo and a win against Samtredia were glorious, especially the latter where we had ten men and had been holding on for most of the second half.

qT7qYIz.png

A couple of poor results from Saburtalo means we're just a point behind now. It's getting interesting.

j47Y2Cp.png

That's a very tough draw. I don't think we'll be going through.

August 2054

n62dWNQ.png

f**k me, we got through against Young Boys! That first leg was fantastic, and we did enough in the second leg. Admittedly, we're definitely going out against Burnley with us 3-0 down from our home game, but still, not a bad effort.

League form has been brilliant too. 

Very, very pleased with how this month has gone.

gIGzUPt.png

Still a point behind, but once again we're very secure in second place. Ten games and one more game against Saburtalo to go, so we've got a chance at the title.

Very pleased that we got through having the european games without it impacting our league form negatively as well. 

September 2054

CAbTZyw.png

As expected, we were put out the Europa Conference, but we gave a pretty decent account of ourselves against Burnley.

Rest of the month was, obviously, delightful. We're into our third consecutive cup final as well, and Saburtalo have been knocked out so we'll be playing a second tier side in the final. I'd like to think that I should be ending the season with some silverware again.

MzXM4If.png

Seven games to go, still just the one point behind.

Up next, Saburtalo away.

Match 30 - 2054

Spoiler

oyKnfcT.png

Ah, that's that chance to overtake them gone, and it's out of our hands now. BUT, given the way the match went, I'll take the draw and it isn't completely terminal to our title chances.

So, it could have been worse I suppose.

1kKavuu.png

It goes on head to head, so I'll need to finish at least a point clear with three draws and one loss.

Match 32 - 2054

Spoiler

107wN5p.png

Our game was some laugh. Absolutely no idea what's happening against Dila Gori this season, but we've had a 7-4 and a 4-1 as well. Nonsense.

Again, absolutely no surprise with them beating one of the league's dross sides. 

S5qPRMj.png

They're playing third placed Dinamo next, so hopefully they slip up.

Match 33 - 2054

Spoiler

gmLkYGx.png

Ah shite, was really hoping that they'd at least draw with Dinamo but no dice. We did our bit to keep up the pressure on them, but that's their toughest game out the way.

VSo81r1.png

Almost job done for them, so it looks like it'll be another season in Georgia for me. 

Match 34 - 2054

Spoiler

1zGy6dT.png

3jXxJH2.png

We're back in it!

We played well against Dinamo, and deserved our win, while that last minute penalty is absolutely fucking glorious for us.

CjYWHeE.png

It's still out of our hands - if they win both their games, they're champions. But we have a chance here.

23 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Match 34 - 2054

Hide contents

1zGy6dT.png

3jXxJH2.png

We're back in it!

We played well against Dinamo, and deserved our win, while that last minute penalty is absolutely fucking glorious for us.

CjYWHeE.png

It's still out of our hands - if they win both their games, they're champions. But we have a chance here.

I’d love to green dot this post but I’ve noticed that it really ruins the whole fun of looking in the spoilers, from past experience.

I shall come back in a day or so to give it the justice it deserves, as long as you go on to win the league...

Match 35 - 2054

Spoiler

nzXU7At.png

vxJ65D3.png

See the source image

They have well and truly hit the self destruct button.

Gil pretty much dragged us to that win himself, 2 goals and an assist. Which was nice because he's been shite for a few weeks. I have no idea what they're playing at, but they've not had 2 losses in a row domestically since 2049. Delighted that they chose now to throw them in,

azEKCXb.png

One point and we're champions, and we're playing the team ninth in the table.

We should be doing it.

Match 36 - 2054

Spoiler

5oo8Gha.png

Never in doubt. That's a lie, I slightly shat myself when they equalised, but we were 4-1 up by half time so it's all good.

All that matters though is that we're champions!

9WI4Ozk.png

They lost their last three games, which is ludicrous stuff, but I'm very pleased that we hung in there to be able to take our chance.

za4wpE8.png

mZ2Aj7U.png

One game in Georgia left, the cup final. That would make it a domestic treble this season.

David Kipiani Cup Final - 2054

Spoiler

wbEZyEF.png

Another year, another penalty shootout, another Georgian Cup winners medal.

Was hoping that it would be much more comfortable, and we had a second minute goal disallowed for offside which could have changed it all, but we were completely dominant throughout the first half and just couldn't score. After the red card, it was a bit more even but we remained the more likely to score. Penalties are always a toss up, but Zurab Gogia saved two and that was that.

07p55ZO.png

pD79Qaz.png

Ideal way to sign off in Georgia - this has been by far my favourite spell of the save so far, sad to leave but that's the way it works.

Wxqlxuj.png

Next up - Latvia.

13 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

David Kipiani Cup Final - 2054

Hide contents

wbEZyEF.png

Another year, another penalty shootout, another Georgian Cup winners medal.

Was hoping that it would be much more comfortable, and we had a second minute goal disallowed for offside which could have changed it all, but we were completely dominant throughout the first half and just couldn't score. After the red card, it was a bit more even but we remained the more likely to score. Penalties are always a toss up, but Zurab Gogia saved two and that was that.

07p55ZO.png

pD79Qaz.png

Ideal way to sign off in Georgia - this has been by far my favourite spell of the save so far, sad to leave but that's the way it works.

Wxqlxuj.png

Next up - Latvia.

The Georgian leg must surely have increased your reputation given you've been handling much larger transfer fees and doing a bit better in European competitions?

20 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The Georgian leg must surely have increased your reputation given you've been handling much larger transfer fees and doing a bit better in European competitions?

It seems to have, I'd like to think I can get a decent job in any of the league's I've got loaded just now. Will need to wait and see though. 

CrpPdOv.png

I'm off to Finland, and FC Lahti. Currently playing in the second tier, I was hoping for something in the top flight but there's very few clubs there who haven't already won the league. They're usually a top flight club so my first task is to get them back there. I have been given a decent headstart in that regard...

TmTEx2D.png

Turns out their manager has got the Eibar job, which is why I've been given a club in such an unusually good position.

League season is 22 games, then a split for a further five. With an eight point lead already established, I'd like to think I should be finishing the job from here.

FC Lahti - Meet the Team

4 stars is good player for the top flight, 3 is decent player for the same.

bHyNNby.png

That's a good start, with two players who are slightly too good for this league. I'll look for better if I do get promoted, but that'll do for now.

KCesyW4.png

And again, very solid options here. All areas are more than capable for this league, and I can probably get away with some of these guys up a division as well.

bSwe4w8.png

Same again, although will definitely be looking to improve this next season.

4BcwpAS.png

Weakest area of my team. I need some centre halves, Bird is a good player, although I'll play him in his slightly weaker position as my other left backs are better than my other right backs. Still, first area of the sqaud which I think needs a lot of work. 

ZtroHAg.png

And we're good here, although I have no idea why we have four goalkeepers on the books. Shuttleworth is good though.