Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

April & May 2049

uud4LU1.png

Bit of a mixed end to the season - 4-0 flattered Sheriff somewhat, but other than that all a bit meh to be honest.

QFlVrAJ.png

And the final table looks like this as we secure fifth.

We're going to need to make up 60 points of Petrocub if we're going to have any chance of winning the league any time soon. A fairly tall order. That said, they'll need to do worse than that at some point, so hopefully we can be in a position to take advantage. 

Transfers 2049

zy15s8M.png

BVqIFHg.png

Load of players out, none of them will be missed particularly. Turns out the club is fucked financially, so had to send a load of the loanees out to try and make sure I stay within the wage budget.

lcZ0TzW.png

gWUthCd.png

The aforementioned 'being financially fucked' thing also meant that I couldn't sign nearly as many players as I wanted, but I still managed to get a few in.

We'll start with Mark Barr, a Northern Irish goalkeeper who has spent his entire career in Moldova. He's pretty good, without any glaring deficiencies, and should be an upgrade for us. I tried to sign him at Spartanii, and he wouldn't entertain talking to me, so shows the difference in the clubs stature.

Spoiler

oXmEQnm.png

Prokhorov joins from Sheriff, and is a central midfielder. A good technical player, he should be able to dictate play - although he's very poor defensively. Still, pleased with him.

Spoiler

di74LUY.png

Dusan Viskovic joins as an experienced centre half. Solid at the back, and should improve us. He's getting on a bit, so may only get a season out of him, and his aggression suggests that he's a complete nutter, but f**k it.

Spoiler

TZOwlvw.png

Visnjic is here as a right winger. He's not great, but not terrible either and I'm getting him for free, so should be fine.

Spoiler

XGlGCdB.png

August 2049

UOv4fLX.png

Tough start to the season, with three of last season's top four, and we've come through it unbeaten. We should have won against both Sfintul and Milsami, but couldn't take out chances. Sheriff completely outplayed us, but we managed to get a draw out of them as well.

R1Vmnvc.png

Petrocub having a shocker of a start, already dropped more points than they did last season, but Sheriff remain very good.

We're looking good so far. 

September 2049

VcO7TG4.png

Mixed month - we should have beaten Zimbru, and a disappointing if predictable loss against Petrocub. Very convincing wins in the other two though.

Snb5MOf.png

We're clear in fourth after the first round of games. I'd take that at the end of the season - think we're a couple of player short of a title challenge. 

October 2049

VgrbLwf.png

We lost against Petrocub again, but the rest of the month was good. We missed a great chance in the last minute against Sfintul, and the win against Milsami was very good.

8I2tWhC.png

Sheriff are running away with it a bit, but we're comfortably in fourth at the minute.

November 2049

x6Pnral.png

Pleased with that, although we should have been more comfortable in the three wins. I'll take any wins though, and another draw with Sheriff is a good result, all things considered.

We're still in the cup, although we're likely to be playing Sheriff in the next round, so that's a big ask. 

SE8AREN.png

Apparently we're behind Sfintul on head to head despite drawing twice because they scored goals at our stadium. 

Still in fourth, and we've managed to close the gap above us as well. 

December 2049

wA1dxxz.png

Pretty decent. Will definitely take that.

xveOp55.png

We're into third place now, which is lovely and with a comfortable ten point gap over fifth.

No chance of actually winning the league this season, but I'll take European football and hope that the prize money can help sort out the club finances a bit so we can sign the few players I think we need for a proper challenge. 

January 2050

QHipHLx.png

Two big disappointments this month - going out the cup, and not beating Sfintul which could have put us very, very firmly in control in the race for third.

Still, the rest of the month went well and the 4-0 against Victoria Bardar is the first time in a few months that I've seen us win a game really comfortably. 

NW56uxH.png

We're six clear of Sfintul, but it could be 12 if we'd won that game against them.

Still, we're in the driving seat to get third and the European spot that comes with it. 

February 2050

zquYS0f.png

An absolute horrorshow against Sheriff, and then we nearly contrived not to beat Real Succes by missing a ton of chances. Got the goal though, and that spurred us on to excellent results against Zimbru and Sfintul - Sfintul in particular is a huge result for us.

IJI1AOU.png

I'd like to hope that's us all but secured in third.

April 2050

7h83SJG.png

We got what we needed, but we seem to have really run out of steam in the last few months of the season.

8GkoOoI.png

But it sees us into a third placed finish, and we're going into the Europa Conference League.

I'm hopeful we can have a wee run in that, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get pumped out immediately. 

Europa Conference League 2050/51 - First Qualifying Round

We head into the first qualifying round of the Europa Conference League, and we're taking on FK Sileks Kratovo from North Macedonia.  A decent shot at getting through there.

Spoiler

PI2fYpM.png

Good solid start to the tie, although that away goal is a bit of a pain in the arse.

We were definitely a better side than them though, I'll be very annoyed if we go out to them.

Spoiler

AX6ar8y.png

Straightforward stuff in the away leg though, couple of goals for my new players too. Into the next round we head...

VIBwbdZ.png

Croatian opposition - they'll be a step up from Sileks. We'll see how it goes. 

Europa Conference League 2050/51 - Second Qualifying Round

Spoiler

oWkrRoA.png

That's a fantastic result, and puts us in a good position to go through if we can avoid making a complete arse of it at home.

I expected them to be better than they were to be honest, they really didn't create any chances and, while we only created one, we were actually fairly comfortable throughout. Savchenkov now has 2 in his 3 games as a Dinamo player, which is no bad from centre mid.

Spoiler

j9icgWY.png

And we have the same result again in the second leg! This time they were by far the better team for the first 53 minutes of the game, but just couldn't get the goal. The red card totally finished them off though, and we scored from a corner not long after that. From the media afterwards, it would seem that to some viewers the red card was fairly questionable, but I'm adamant that the referee definitely got it right.

O3ha7bG.png

Ah, that'll be tough. While Vaduz are Liechtenstein's representative in the competition, they're a Swiss top flight regular and I would think will have too much for us. 

Mind you, I thought that about Lokomotiva so let's give it a go. 

Europa Conference League 2050/51 - Third Qualifying Round

Spoiler

L6bUqY2.png

Disappointing, but not surprising. Turns out that they're just a better team than we are. We did ok enough, and had one half chance but the game was basically over after 18 minutes when the first goal went in.

Spoiler

wosqSsY.png

Unsurprisingly, we're out of the competition, but to be honest I'll take that. We did pretty well against a very good side, and that bodes well for the rest of the season.

Transfers 2050/51

SN8PIV7.png

17vZD6e.png

A couple of guys who were in and around the first team away, like Malakhov and Papi, but mostly it's just guys I'm not bothered about. A couple of guys out on loan tom try and save some wages, but f**k it.

RjVTVY8.png

tmX1JHD.png

Plenty of guys in, some of them for the first 11, some of them just as squad filler.

Graham Huxley joined right at the end of last season, and comes in as our first choice right winger. He's quick and hard working - technically alright, but not amazing. He's good for this level though.

Spoiler

IJHOAqf.png

Petrut Ionescu joins from Codru Lovoza. He had a great season in the second tier last season, 16 goals in 25 games, but his record in the top flight is pretty poor. Hoping that he can turn that around though, as he looks decent enough on paper.

Spoiler

sUYOhs7.png

Ratko Peric is a left back, he's fast and he's ok defensively. Quite poor going forward, but almost any left backs at this level are like that. Should be fine.

Spoiler

m0mq9EW.png

Savchenkov is pretty good, joins as a centre midfielder/attacking midfielder. He's going to be one of my first choice in midfield, and has already got a couple of goals in the european qualifiers.

Spoiler

C3EXpMD.png

Valerijs Dubra is here to be my back up goalkeeper. He's cheap and alright.

Spoiler

wCSLZ3Z.png

Vladislav Kiss, Dejan Mugosa and Vladimir Rogac are all here to provide depth to the squad, but aren't likely to be playing very often.

Spoiler

WQl1N8u.png

4RwQGMF.png

UZkBghc.png

Billy Cuthbert is also a striker, he's spent most of his career in the Scottish League One and done fine there. He's good, and I think once he's settled in he should do well and get plenty of goals. I fucking hope so, because I'm paying him far too much.

Spoiler

boIyiB5.png

August 2050

3UpTqNU.png

Well, apart from an absolute horror show on the opening day, that's an outstanding first month of the season. 

We took a bit of a pumping off Sheriff, but they just couldn't score. Very much a smash and grab effort. Other than that, we've looked very comfortable against everyone bar Petrocub, with one obvious exception.

r4zGAK1.png

Well well well.

Granted Sheriff and Petrocub will go ahead of us if they win games in hand, but I'll take that so far.