Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

Matchday 30 - November 2089

Apologies for the delay...

Spoiler

FDdYh7B.png

Well, we've done our job.

We played very well, and looked incredibly comfortable - albeit against a team that are struggling at the wrong end of the table. Chervyakov took his totals to 16 goals and 6 assists in the league, from 29 games, which is a good effort and Nowak got his 10th of the season too.

But the big game was elsehwere - we needed a favour from Belshina if we were going to be crowned champions. Would we get one?

Spoiler

3NVIf0G.png

Would we f**k :lol:

TWob66P.png

Still, second place and taking it to the final day is a good effort I'd say.

My concern is that that's probably a relatively poor season by Soligorsk's standards, and we didn't take advantage, so I just need to hope they have another poor one soon. Still, onto next season and we're definitely playing in Europe.

On 07/04/2022 at 22:33, oneteaminglasgow said:

xDKMSRD.png

Well, it took almost six months to confirm it, but there we go - Shakhtar Soligorsk won the cup, so I'll be playing in the Europa Conference League.

Apparently, it's not some glitch in the game and Belarus actually do have the cup running in a different schedule to their league so that it kicks off in one season and ends in the next. Seems like an absolute nonsense tbh, but good luck to them I suppose. 

Sweden do it too, and maybe Finland also. Can't remember if you've done Finland yet.

Belarussian Super Cup - 2090

Seems that we're in this by virtue of finishing second. We're obviously playing Shakhter Soligorsk, who I would imagine are still better than we are, so we're outsiders but who knows.

Spoiler

AwmIFOu.png

Took them to extra time, but it wasn't to be. They definitely deserved to beat us in 90 minutes so I can't really have any complaints about this. I wasn't even really expecting to be playing in it, so not all that bothered.

Transfers 2090

AOtByYF.png

MPEuzYM.png

cSNNbuR.png

Albert Petrov did well when I first joined, but wasn't really up to it and Michal Filo had been my first choice keeper to begin with, but was now on the bench every week. A few loanees going out too, but no major losses here.

noCV52z.png

E7ZAZhD.png

And the incoming players. My focus was very much on my midfield this window.

Roddy Currie joins us on a free transfer having previously played in Scotland's lower leagues - primarily the second and third tiers with Raith. He's a central midfielder, tidy on the ball and works hard but not a brilliant player. But he'll do a job.

Spoiler

Tm533YK.png

Mikhail Kuznetsov joins us to provide competition at centre half. When I signed him, my board had accepted a bid for my first choice defender, so I was expecting this to be his replacement, but then that guy turned down the contract so here we are. Solid enough, should do a job when required and relatively young too.

Spoiler

KOOme9m.png

Segey Chekhovskiy is another centre midfielder, and he should do fine. Quite similar to Currie, probably marginally better than him. Pleased with this signing.

Spoiler

eyUPkdq.png

Vitaliy Razumov is another central midfielder, but he's much more defensive minded than the others I signed. He's technically very limited, but I'm hoping that he'll be able to win tackles and give it to the guy next to him who'll be much better equipped to actually do something with it.

Spoiler

L1iNGxQ.png

Alexey Abramov is an attacking midfielder, and he's good on the ball with a good bit of flair as well, so that's lovely. 

Spoiler

IISZQqu.png

April 2090

p8hNiZk.png

A mixed start, I'll say. We've had three good wins, but also two draws in games we should have won and we got absolutely nowhere near BATE which is pretty worrying. We just don't seem to have fully clicked yet.

PaNQlpR.png

Early days, but a very good start from BATE. We'll need to try and reel them back in if we can. 

May 2090

7NjZgzj.png

Good run of form seems to be starting after a relatively mixed start to the season. We should have won the game against Zhodino, but didn't, but the next three were very straightforward affairs.

4FTD3Iy.png

The top two are really good sides, and we're just about hanging on to their coattails. 

If we can keep that going then we might have a chance later in the season, as I'd like to think they'll hit some poor form at some point.

June 2090

qnph2jW.png

Good stuff - we were two down within 20 minutes against Dinamo Minsk, so a really good win from that position. We also played 60 minutes with ten men against Soligorsk so that's a pretty good result as well.

7vNkPpz.png

And we're still hanging on in there behind the other two. Which is about as good as we can hope for just now.

Europa Conference League - First Qualifying Round - 2090

Spoiler

2oLRGep.png

That's a good start, and we should be heading through pretty comfortably. Shirak were pretty pish, and we took advantage of that fact well. 

Spoiler

6Kjrzr9.png

We got complacent towards the end, but at 4-0 (and 8-1 on aggregate) by half an hour in, we were absolutely set so I'm not really fussed about it.

Good to see Savitskiy make an early charge for the competitions top scorer. 

RJ7UxfI.png

Trickier but certainly not an insurmountable task...

Europa Conference League - Second Qualifying Round - 2090

Spoiler

08RG4Z3.png

Well, we've given ourselves a chance in the home leg, so that's the main thing I was hoping for. Not ideal with the loss, but we could certainly have done worse and we played fine - not outstanding, but not too bad either. 

I'll take it.

Spoiler

uy00oNH.png

Ah we had a couple of chances to take it to extra time, but likewise they could, and maybe should, have scored as well so fair enough.

European journey comes to an end here. We'd have been getting thrashed in the next round regardless, but still a disappointment.

July 2090

IZWYhVP.png

Missed opportunity against Isloch, and we've scraped through a lot of these games but we're getting the wins we need (for the most part) and that's the main thing.

Chervyakov has picked up a knock which will have him out for 2 months, which is a hassle given he's my main striker, so might be a struggle for a while.

VLSYkzN.png

Eleven games left, and we're hanging in there for the title. Will need BATE & Soligorsk to slip up a bit though. 

August 2090

VWktUJO.png

This month saw the transfer window open again, and I had some young players head out on loan and Kracun left permanently as well. He did ok last season. but wasn't really up to it for where I'm aiming to be.

Only one player brought in, 23 year old striker Stanislav Chernyak. He had lots of attributes which will make him a good penalty box striker - a good finisher, good movement and first touch. Not quite enough pace for me, but he's a good player and I think he'll do well.

Spoiler

ApBFu5u.png

SHuHv52.png

We struggled a bit against BATE, but we got a point in the end. It's not ideal for either side, but we're not any further behind them than we were so that's good. Does mean that. once again, we'll be behind them if it comes down to head to head record, and it prevents us from dragging them closer to us.

Rest of the month was good though, and we finally made it through to the part of the cup which takes place next season so that's a plus.

tZlanQI.png

Very much looks like a three way fight for the league, with us as the outsiders.

We should be in the European places again, at the very least, though.

September 2090

8f44oPx.png

Three good victories where we were very solid throughout each game. The 3-0 was great, but we probably played the best in the Neman Grodno game but just didn't add to the lead. That said, absolutely no danger of us conceding in any of the games.

QvMY0ag.png

And we're now just two points off the top, but it's an incredibly tight title race. We've still to play Soligorsk again, so need to win that one and hope that BATE drop some points elsewhere. Still all to play for. 

October 2090

27fDY41.png

Another two good wins. Good to see Branovets get a goal - in Belarus, you need to play 1 under 21 year old outfielder in every game, both my decent ones were suspended so I threw him in - and on paper these were pretty tough games so I'm very pleased.

We also haven't conceded a single goal since July which is a pretty mental run.

pq8iSBe.png

BATE dropped the points I needed them to, so it's now a nice, simple case of if I win my final three games then I'll be champions.

That's easier said than done though. 

Game 28 - November 2090

Spoiler

VZ2YZyn.png

9a2Orwn.png

c5k4J8Q.png

A good weekend for us. We were very comfortable against a very poor side, while both of our competitors dropped points against other poor sides, so very pleasing stuff overall. Chernyak continues to have been a brilliant buy - he's now on 5 goals in 9 league games since I signed him, and that's with him often playing left wing.

etwhGw1.png

BATE have hibsed it a bit here, and are probably out of it. It's between us and Shakhter. Next up:

byJlSAT.png 

Game 29 - November 2090

Spoiler

ATgQYJd.png

We're gonnae win the fucking league.

Outplayed, we only had one shot on target other than the penalty and my goalkeeper got man of the match, but we got the win and that's all that matters.

E4HlJTr.png

We have a superior head to head record over Shakhter, so we're champions but need to wait until next week for it to be confirmed for some reason.

But aye, we're champions. 

Game 30 - December 2090

Spoiler

Brw6h2Z.png

A damp squib to end the season. We had a couple of chances to win the game, but didn't take them. Oh well, it was still enough for us to win the league.

ueMn3iM.png

hMD20eS.png

IYTE93s.png

And that's me done with Belarus. I was considering staying on to see if I could also win the cup, but I don't want to hang around for five months and then have to navigate a few rounds so I'm away.

Next up is Azerbaijan.