PPV variable pricing in Premiership?

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

In light of Raith Rovers hiking their PPV price from £12 to £14 for the Dunfermline game, I was wondering if there have been any instances of this in the Premiership.

The main thing is the disparity in the amount different clubs charge per game. Ranges from someone like Aberdeen who charged £12 for our away game all the way up to Livingston charging a mind boggling £20 for it. 

It's just another complete mishandling of the situation created by Covid. Why not have a centralised streaming service set up? Instead I think I've got about 9 different accounts all with various other clubs. 

43 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The main thing is the disparity in the amount different clubs charge per game. Ranges from someone like Aberdeen who charged £12 for our away game all the way up to Livingston charging a mind boggling £20 for it. 

It's just another complete mishandling of the situation created by Covid. Why not have a centralised streaming service set up? Instead I think I've got about 9 different accounts all with various other clubs. 

Do Celtic still not offer PPV at all? I know Hibs changed their stance on it.

I've registered for Sunday and they seem to have the same interface as everyone else, but I can't buy a ticket for Sunday.

I don't have too much of a problem with clubs setting their own pricing, it's up to them to make the commercial decision, although a centralised portal would be more convenient. By extension I really can't complain about clubs not offering a stream at all. I'm not falling over myself to give Celtic money, but this is one of those (rare) instances where I'd probably not have gone to the game and a live stream of the event is a more pleasant experience. Suspect given it's an important game for both teams there will be a decent potential audience. 

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I've registered for Sunday and they seem to have the same interface as everyone else, but I can't buy a ticket for Sunday.

I don't have too much of a problem with clubs setting their own pricing, it's up to them to make the commercial decision, although a centralised portal would be more convenient. By extension I really can't complain about clubs not offering a stream at all. I'm not falling over myself to give Celtic money, but this is one of those (rare) instances where I'd probably not have gone to the game and a live stream of the event is a more pleasant experience. Suspect given it's an important game for both teams there will be a decent potential audience. 

I mean to be fair I don't blame you for wanting to watch at the weekend in the current situation. 

For the authentic experience get your telly set up behind a lamppost.

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

I mean to be fair I don't blame you for wanting to watch at the weekend in the current situation. 

For the authentic experience get your telly set up behind a lamppost.

It's not just the unrestricted view that would make it more acceptable, and this one would have the added spice of protests outside the ground.

Bit pish that we can't get a legitimate stream given Saints are going for a record unbeaten run and we've got a track record of losing managers their jobs. 

Celtic not letting their own fans or away fans watch their team is absolutely dreadful and should be mentioned every time they have a home game.

There should've been a much bigger deal made about it but I suppose there are more important things going on in Scottish football like "No-mark makes SHOCKING claim about Celtic star's form [emoji102][emoji95]".

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Why not have a centralised streaming service set up? Instead I think I've got about 9 different accounts all with various other clubs.

This definitely would have made more sense. One account for the SPFL, and from there you can buy a ticket to any available game.

I'm sure the SPFL/SFA could have made sure the Scottish Cup games could have been available on there too (if they weren't so incompetent, that is). 

Edited by LiviLion

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

This definitely would have made more sense. One account for the SPFL, and from there you can buy a ticket to any available game.

I'm sure the SPFL/SFA could have made sure the Scottish Cup games could have been available on there too (if they weren't so incompetent, that is). 

Almost like having a centralised ticketing system would be to the benefit of everyone even without a pandemic. 

Had to have a bit of a dig around for it but here's a pretty good thread on the catalogue of calamities the SPFL have had: 

59 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Celtic not letting their own fans or away fans watch their team is absolutely dreadful and should be mentioned every time they have a home game.

There should've been a much bigger deal made about it but I suppose there are more important things going on in Scottish football like "No-mark makes SHOCKING claim about Celtic star's form emoji102.pngemoji95.png".

i thought Sellick season ticket holders got to see all their home games ?

58 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I can see the merits of this, but it would then remove the option for clubs to choose and appoint their own streaming provider. For example, I believe Rangers use a different provider than the majority of clubs which seems to have paid off as we don't seem to have suffered from the widescale issues that other clubs have such as streams dropping, not being able to get connected or poor picture quality (barring a couple of minor issues).

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I can see the merits of this, but it would then remove the option for clubs to choose and appoint their own streaming provider. For example, I believe Rangers use a different provider than the majority of clubs which seems to have paid off as we don't seem to have suffered from the widescale issues that other clubs have such as streams dropping, not being able to get connected or poor picture quality (barring a couple of minor issues).

Tbf I can't fault it if it works. I've seen this woman more often than I've seen my maw this year:

1541475157_Screenshot2020-12-02at14_12_58.png.e81ec22efc37f275b1d6f535a51168f7.png

5 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

No we didnt.

The intention was always to offer it, but there was a problem with getting things organised for the first match (Killie?) on 1st August.

Every other match subsequently (i.e. not on Sky etc) since that one has been available for PPV.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

No we didnt.

The intention was always to offer it, but there was a problem with getting things organised for the first match (Killie?) on 1st August.

Every other match subsequently (i.e. not on Sky etc) since that one has been available for PPV.

Didn't realise that, fair enough, just knew that it wasn't available and then it was. It was a good stream too when I used it.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese