Morton v Hearts

14 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

....and what happens when he inevitably gets injured?

We sign a ‘keeper on a short-term emergency loan, of course, having saved a wage from the start of the season till whenever (and if) McAdams gets injured.

1 minute ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

We sign a ‘keeper on a short-term emergency loan, of course, having saved a wage from the start of the season till whenever (and if) McAdams gets injured.

Perfect!.....em....but what happens if he gets carried off in the middle of a game?...🙄

16 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Perfect!.....em....but what happens if he gets carried off in the middle of a game?...🙄

😳 you don’t really need to have that spelled out for you, do you?

It’s a chance Hopkin appears to be willing to take. Whether it’s a good decision or not remains to be seen.

9 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

It’s a chance Hopkin appears to be willing to take. Whether it’s a good decision or not remains to be seen.

Can you remember the last time you witnessed an outfield player pulling on the keeper's jersey?

I can....but I suspect I am considerably older than you.

Its obvious Hopkin couldnt find another keeper..........(how I wish we still had Robbie McRorie). 

5 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Can you remember the last time you witnessed an outfield player pulling on the keeper's jersey?

Its obvious Hopkin couldnt find another keeper..........(how I wish we still had Robbie McRorie). 

Put Hopkin in goal, that'll learn him!! We had your 

crazy situ when Yogi helped relegate us!!

8 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Yep, can remember several times. Sometimes it works well, sometimes not - but I’d be amazed if at least one of the subs on the bench hadn’t been spending part of training in goal, and therefore getting more experience there than most outfielders who’ve ended up in goal. It’s not perfect, but it’s where we are this season.

I doubt you’re much older than me - I can remember when the pic you have as your avatar first came out, McGraw was my hero when I was a kid.

You're probably right that Hopkin couldn’t find a keeper he was happy to spend a wage on  - once bitten, twice shy after Ramsbottom. Unfortunately I don’t think there was even a remote chance of McCrorie coming back, though.

7 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Yep, can remember several times. Sometimes it works well, sometimes not - but I’d be amazed if at least one of the subs on the bench hadn’t been spending part of training in goal, and therefore getting more experience there than most outfielders who’ve ended up in goal. It’s not perfect, but it’s where we are this season.

I doubt you’re much older than me - I can remember when the pic you have as your avatar first came out, McGraw was my hero when I was a kid.

You're probably right that Hopkin couldn’t find a keeper he was happy to spend a wage on  - once bitten, twice shy after Ramsbottom. Unfortunately I don’t think there was even a remote chance of McCrorie coming back, though.

With respect Rudolph......my first Greenock Morton game @ Cappielow was Morton Res v Queens Park Res.......needless to say it was a goalfest and the man who led out the Morton team many years ago@SCAPA     was..........Bobby Evans.

50 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Eh, no it doesn't... it's quite clearly an atrocious decision; getting lucky won't magically turn it into a good one.

Problem is Hopkin made a number of atrocious decisions on retention and recruitment this year, so we can accurately say the goalkeeping situation isn't our biggest problem. Doesn't mean to say it isn't a problem. 

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Eh, no it doesn't... it's quite clearly an atrocious decision; getting lucky won't magically turn it into a good one.

Problem is Hopkin made a number of atrocious decisions on retention and recruitment this year, so we can accurately say the goalkeeping situation isn't our biggest problem. Doesn't mean to say it isn't a problem. 

One goalkeeper isnt acceptable and has to be remedied (unless Hoppy knows some outfield players are keepers in waiting ..🙄

19 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I thought it was just anybody

Dons striker Robbie Winters is probably the most spectacular example I can remember . He played most of the 2000 Scottish cup final

Now you know fine well I didnt post that topcat....apologise.