Morton v Hearts

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

So did somebody else decide to sign half-a-dozen lightweight options between midfield and attack, but only five defenders and one keeper?

I know what you're saying and I actually  agree but the fact remains - funds have been asked for

Just now, El Partisan said:

I know what you're saying and I actually  agree but the fact remains - funds have been asked for

We know money's tight... all the more reason to have, say, four out of Wallace-Oliver-McPake-Nesbitt-McGuffie-Omar... as for re-signing Muirhead and giving Blues a two-year deal ... Jesus wept.

We've spent what little money there was really badly; simple as that.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

We know money's tight... all the more reason to have, say, four out of Wallace-Oliver-McPake-Nesbitt-McGuffie-Omar... as for re-signing Muirhead and giving Blues a two-year deal ... Jesus wept.

Yer saying 'we' Ghost......bide yer time

" For the times they are a-changing"

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Very true

Anyway...here we are 6 games into this 'what the f**k happened there!' season.

Vt...much as I think he tends to be a 'tad' abbrasive......pretty much summarised  our season.

In other words...I dont expect Greenock Morton to be challenging for promotion this season...I would love to be proved wrong...but just dont see it. And can we have another goalkeeper please?.

Good performance from us imo.  Kept the head and didn't get frustrated when Morton were putting bodies behind the ball.  If I had a criticism it would be that we never got at least another goal, but the Morton goalie made a couple of great saves.  Glad for Walker getting a couple.

35 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

With respect Rudolph......my first Greenock Morton game @ Cappielow was Morton Res v Queens Park Res.......needless to say it was a goalfest and the man who led out the Morton team many years ago@SCAPA     was..........Bobby Evans.

Respect??  😳 now THERE’S a first.......   I vaguely remember seeing Bobby Evans play for us, and while I didn’t, errr, “know the history “ my dad told me about the guy’s past career afterwards.

Anyway, hopefully McAdams will stay fit & healthy for the whole season.......

We've done better than I feared with the McAdams signing as there was nothing other than total ringers available in the last transfer window. It's just a shame that we didn't take the same approach when we were shipping in about twenty sand-dancers who will struggle to get double figure goals between them. 

That second goal... Peach of a pass from Irving though Walker had a lot of work to do. Thought Walker worked his socks off. Hope he can do that a bit more consistently.

First half hour or so was turgid though. Would prefer to see Hearts start with energy and urgency from the kick off. Oh, and get both Irving and Haring on together.

47 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

That second goal... Peach of a pass from Irving though Walker had a lot of work to do. Thought Walker worked his socks off. Hope he can do that a bit more consistently.

First half hour or so was turgid though. Would prefer to see Hearts start with energy and urgency from the kick off. Oh, and get both Irving and Haring on together.

I'm not sure Irving and Haring together is the key to more energy