Premiership Best & Worst Posters 2020

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

MJC is an acquired taste but I find him fucking hilarious. His post about walking out of Fir Park after St Mirren went 1-0 up in the 14th minute is a work of art.

Any chance of a link for this? Sounds good. :lol:

Just now, Andre Drazen said:

MJC probably hasn't watched a Rangers game not involving Motherwell in his life. Staggering that people still buy that complete bullshit.

I think most folk realise by now he's mostly saying it as a windup; regardless of whether he means it, it's just a super-boring, super-predictable catchphrase.

Brief scroll down the cup forum and I found it. Fair play that's sublime. 904697295_WisecrackRoss.png.4a90adbc051a83955cda0bd5d023536c.png

On 18/02/2020 at 20:34, MJC said:

I walked out of Fir Park as soon as St.Mirren scored tonight. In the fourteenth minute. Then I heard we'd equalised and momentarily regretted it. Now I know it's the best decision I've ever made.

Utter fucking shite from Robinson and Motherwell. No doubt we'll squeeze a win against them in the league a week tonight to keep kicking the can down the road but tonight should honestly see Robinson get his jotters.

Edited by HibsFan

Who could be gassed trying to convince other people that MJC is doing a bit when it's one of the best kayfabe acts on the site? I'd rather continue hating the ***-loving b*****d than feeling smug that I can apparently see through it.

5 hours ago, HibsFan said:

HAMILTON ACCIES

JS37673833.jpg.bd678bb2eff105358d838b7495901cfc.jpg

Pie and Bovril's best-loved Accies posters of 2020:

As Tunbridge wanted some cheering up, we're starting off in Lanarkshire. Here we have a group of posters who, much like their club, are small in stature but big in heart. It's a credit to Accies that - unlike other smaller sides currently lost in the top flight (looking at you Ross County and Livingston) - their posters are relevant enough for people to remember their names.

Without further ado, here are the results for best Hamilton Accies poster:

3rd@Bert Raccoon and @G51 Red share the bronze with 11% of the vote apiece. As one of G51 Red's voters, I think the allure of him being a weegie Old Firm shunner helped him onto the podium here. Got to be honest, I can't say I've ever noticed Bert much, but he's got a fan club.

2nd - @accies1874 sits comfortably out in second with just shy of a quarter of the votes. Most of his votes were from fellow Accies, so think of him as the players' player equivalent. His vote for @Academically Deficient (who just missed out on a top three finish FWIW) shows that, like Accies' academy, he's all about bringing through the next generation.

1st - @Scotty Tunbridge takes it in a landslide as the Tunbridge Redemption Arc continues to gather pace. Definitely the most box office poster that Accies have and he knows it. He even voted for himself, which is an undoubted alpha move. Congrats to Scotty T and well done the Accies!

Worst posters coming at 7pm, when it'll be time for the ML3 wall of shame. 1535465780_JackSloshed.png.3546ae1f1e0058157b4673970579897c.png

I'll next generation you.

I've got ailments older than some of you lads.

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I won the vote... by a lot!

A real honour but a lesson learned for next year regarding what to do with my own vote. Thank you all I’ll aim to keep the good fight going in 2021 x

I assume there will be a prize-giving do at Eddlewood Miners? 

I'll be having my corns seen to that night, but I hear the steak pie is decent.

13 hours ago, HibsFan said:

MOTHERWELL 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.fbef97d5ef471f150747d621d20f066c.jpg

Pie and Bovril's best-loved Well posters of 2020:

As it goes, the Well have a fairly good quality level of Pie and Bovril posters. Not as brash or in your face as the m9s, or as tedious and constant as the Perth Pack. For this reason, votes were spread around quite nicely, so there are honourable mentions to dish out. Terrace baking star @thisGRAEME and the (in light of very recent news) unfortunately-named @Jim McLean's Ghost both just missed out on the podium. @MJC was a dark horse for third thanks to the Govan voting bloc, but thankfully others have won out. And here they are!

3rd - @Busta Nut sneaks into third place ahead of the aforementioned chasing pack. According to one such voter, he's been quite good lately and turned a corner. Good for him.

2nd - @capt_oats, much like a Stuart McCall Motherwell side, is happy playing second fiddle. A clear gap in the numbers between him and those behind indicates that he's definitely one of the most well-thought of Well posters on here.

1st - @YassinMoutaouakil though has dominated this field and comes away with the deserved win. Don't think anyone can begrudge him it, a good poster. Apparently he "isn't posting in the right places" (me neither) but he takes the crown nonetheless.

Worst posters coming up in half an hour or so. Rossface.png.ed4452f46db7b7ee71efe19664809426.png

What a pleasant surprise. I am a moaning face p***k tae.

Must have sooked the right cocks. 

On 25/12/2020 at 08:39, RandomGuy. said:

If I'm unfairly "voted" as the "worst" Saints poster of the year, thanks to votes from fellow Saints fans, despite me not even posting for the full year, then you'll hear from my lawyers.

If id bothered posting for the full year then it wouldn't even be close and id probably be challenging as one of the best. I spend a lot time on this forum so I don't deserve to be bottom.

Your xW (Expected Worst poster awards) is off the charts

ROSS COUNTY

067_324__winners_1457894543_standard.jpg.1e017cf09ae0abd1b9fba803764e19f3.jpg

Pie and Bovril's best-loved County posters of 2020:

In the nicest way possible, it's fair to say that Ross County posters don't make much of a mark on this forum. They've got some nice posters, but memorable they ain't. Having said that, there was quite a nice spread of votes, as everyone threw out the name of the first Staggies poster they could remember. As such, @Loki, @CountyFan, @Comrie, @yoda and @bunglebonce were all joint 4th with one vote apiece.

3rd @Savage Henry takes third place, as he managed to get two people (including me) to vote for him. Well played, Henry. 

2nd - @N/A is someone I've not come across in the match threads, but they're clearly a very popular County poster. Most voters went full partridgeshrug.gif about this category, and a lot of them just skipped over them entirely. The votes that went to the trouble of specifying 'None' or 'N/A' or “do they even have posters?” have been counted, and N/A takes second place. To emphasise the invisibility of Ross County posters, @bennett offered his vote for best poster to the next County fan to post on this thread. At the time of writing, none of them have. :lol:

1st - @Sherrif John Bunnell wins the lot, however. Possibly the only poster that a significant % of the electorate could actually think of, as nobody really expanded on why they were voting for him. He also can't spell sheriff correctly, unless I'm being whooshed. Anyway, he takes the crown as best County poster.

If you thought the above was a poor voter turnout, just wait until you see the worst County Posters - coming up at 2pm! 1011964246_JackDross.png.24ac9e35fc4b36e9d45b758521f24b52.png

1221444444_Screenshot2020-12-27at13_41_16.thumb.png.85bcdf1cbd12f7b353566c07c0eb4204.png

Pie and Bovril's most-despised County poster [note the use of the singular form] of 2020:

Right, this is just embarrassing so let's get on with it and move past it as quickly as possible. N/A was the runaway leader in this category, but I frankly can't be bothered doing another write up for that. We all know that Ross County are beige and inoffensive, so let's get to the 1 (one) poster who managed to attract the ire of 2 (two) voters.

1st - @frankthetank22, fair play. It takes some level of effort to be a hated Staggie, but you've managed it. Nobody expanded. Nobody cared.

Glad we've got this one out of the way. As one voter neatly put it: “no offence to the Ross County lads, but I have trouble remembering anything memorable that any of them have done on P&B.”

Join us later this evening as we head down the A96 with a view of taking one of Pie and Bovril's biggest set of cretins to task. 930146469_JackRoss.png.823ffa608aefcd583757be0cfe1df51a.png

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Will be interesting. I legit can't think of a single roaster amongst the Ross County supporters to win the worst poster, much less a top three.

Depends how you  would define a roaster 😉