Premiership Best & Worst Posters 2020

rangers-v-st-mirren-league-cup-final-image-3-380679797.jpg.a764707b1c93b6d5860f0bb76c82a363.jpg

Pie and Bovril's most-despised Saints posters of 2020:

Okay, let's keep this brief before any more Perth tears flood the servers. “(Hard to choose from so many c***s.)” and “brutal set of posters, mostly raging middle-aged men” were two of the more republishable things that were said about the St Murn posters. Fair to say that their ire was directed at one man(child) in particular, though.

3rd - @ZingaliMan, @Div, @jimmy boo, @Lex and @Bobby_F all tie for third with a vote apiece. Nobody hated you enough to break the deadlock.

2nd - @Ric edges ahead of the lot of you to take second. He'll be wanting me to break the GDPR regulations to find out who's voted for him, so I'd recommend keeping quiet.

1st - @Munoz, you're not very well thought of, I'm afraid. You've been accused of homophobia too, although Paulo's recent post doesn't cover the Saintees in much glory on that front either. :lol: Anyway, let's get to those sweet, sweet quotes.

- "[Munoz] or whatever the f**k he's called, sits in crusty pyjamas in his mums basement, that one".

- "unquestionably the worst St Mirren poster. Just no redeeming features whatsoever. Thick, painfully unfunny, and wears StMirren jammies in his mum’s basement."

The mum's basement stuff is definitely an angle that a lot of voters wanted to go along with, bet you regret that video now, eh.

Eight down, four to go. We'll be starting off nearby tomorrow afternoon. 327364928_JackVeryCross.png.23d41f3c2563f045a5d075d02069942f.png

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Albert as number one is exceptionally harsh. 

Totally fucking stunned that it wasn't @Mvondo_the_great as worst dab poster. What the f**k are the rest of you reading on here? Despite the horrendous take that Dua Lipa is good @Szamo's_Ammo is a deserved winner of best dab. Well done sir.

34 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Pie and Bovril's best-loved Saints posters of 2020:

3rd - @Arch Stanton earns themselves third place, despite claiming somewhere in this thread to not be box office enough to feature in either category. Maybe it's their humility which has struck a chord with the P&B voters. Anyway, I like Stanton and am glad they've got some recognition.

2nd - @djchapsticks, another good Saints poster who even won some begrudging respect from bitter tory farmers. One remarked that only Chapsticks and this category's winner "escape with much credibility". Well in, Chapsticks.

1st - @Coventry Saint wins fairly convincingly. Good poster who's had a year full of good posts, so no real surprises there. 

Justifiable winners, in fact I would rate them some of the best posters on this board. Well deserved recognition.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Pie and Bovril's most-despised Saints posters of 2020:

3rd - @ZingaliMan, @Div, @jimmy boo, @Lex and @Bobby_F all tie for third with a vote apiece. Nobody hated you enough to break the deadlock.

2nd - @Ric edges ahead of the lot of you to take second. He'll be wanting me to break the GDPR regulations to find out who's voted for him, so I'd recommend keeping quiet.

1st - @Munoz, you're not very well thought of, I'm afraid. You've been accused of homophobia too, although Paulo's recent post doesn't cover the Saintees in much glory on that front either. :lol: Anyway, let's get to those sweet, sweet quotes.

Somewhat disappointing to not have made enough of an impact to pick up the top prize in this one. Clearly I just haven't been forthright enough of where the farmers sit in the hierarchy of Scottish football.

31 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

What's the story behind the Perth v Paisley beef ?

Fermers scrambling for relevance ?

Not sure but it seems to be along those lines. Think it's the new 'St. Mirren vs Falkirk' that used to dominate the board in it's early years and no-one quite understood the issue.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure but it seems to be along those lines. Think it's the new 'St. Mirren vs Falkirk' that used to dominate the board in it's early years and no-one quite understood the issue.

Saints and Falkirk were certainly the two largest groups of fans on here from its inception in 2003 and for several years after.

A few from either side have gone by the wayside...Captain Sensible, St. Sid and Supras,; I can't recall all  the Falkirk usernames but there was Psycho who was the son of a Falkirk director; a guy called Flowers who was an alleged shagger even though he looked like Rob Brandon's  uglier twin and KBM who was a munchkin but going by the sizeist comments may well be Bairnardo. There's a few originals on both sides still here such as yourself, Ruggy, Ned Nederlander etc.

With both sides being in the same division, on and off for the next 5 years there was plenty of GIRFUY whenever either beat the other. I guess the rivalry declined when Falkirk were relegated in 2010 and the Saintees became our new bitches.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Saints and Falkirk were certainly the two largest groups of fans on here from its inception in 2003 and for several years after.

A few from either side have gone by the wayside...Captain Sensible, St. Sid and Supras,; I can't recall all  the Falkirk usernames but there was Psycho who was the son of a Falkirk director; a guy called Flowers who was an alleged shagger even though he looked like Rob Brandon's  uglier twin and KBM who was a munchkin but going by the sizeist comments may well be Bairnardo. There's a few originals on both sides still here such as yourself, Ruggy, Ned Nederlander etc.

With both sides being in the same division, on and off for the next 5 years there was plenty of GIRFUY whenever either beat the other. I guess the rivalry declined when Falkirk were relegated in 2010 and the Saintees became our new bitches.

Olaf Thom and SPLwankwankwank were two of the other originals from that Falkirk support who have gone. There was some genuine controversy/hilarity regarding Olaf but I can't remember it.

Supras was probably the worst of all the St. Mirren fans, probably even the worst on the site....only rivalled by Pompey actually in both categories.

Engaging him in debate was like trying to argue with Lawrence Logic out of The Viz. :lol: 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Olaf Thom and SPLwankwankwank were two of the other originals from that Falkirk support who have gone. There was some genuine controversy/hilarity regarding Olaf but I can't remember it.

Supras was probably the worst of all the St. Mirren fans, probably even the worst on the site....only rivalled by Pompey actually in both categories.

Engaging him in debate was like trying to argue with Lawrence Logic out of The Viz. :lol: 

Completely forgot about Olaf Thom. His username was something to do with part of his phone number corresponding to the letters on a phone keypad. He was a WUM, as good as Capt. Sensible but yeah, he did something (which I can't recall) which crossed a line and saw him ostracised.

And Pompey...decent and dreadful n equal measure; did he not start spouting some hardcore Zionist diatribe which saw him canned?

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

And Pompey...decent and dreadful n equal measure; did he not start spouting some hardcore Zionist diatribe which saw him canned?

Yeah, he was well informed and posted some decent and well thought out content and then gradually started pushing more and more extremist views in regards to the Israel-Palestine issue.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

You've been accused of homophobia too, although Paulo's recent post doesn't cover the Saintees in much glory on that front either. :lol: 

Aye very good.  You could be a female poster for all I know and the point is exactly the same.  Sorry to dispel any drama you're trying to generate.

6 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I meant more that almost all of you, to a man, got your votes in for St Mirren. But yes, it is a foregone conclusion.

I'd like to make it clear I never voted for anyone.

Voting after such a year is poor, and we should all have come together and made something work for the good of all, rather than just deciding on random people to punish, voting for it, then leaving them to take their medicine alone.

Albert is a good laugh when he even has his own fan base biting at his - clearly - made up rumours. A bit harsh on [mention=12809]stumigoo[/mention] who is, IMO, one of the best posters on the entire site. Perhaps let down by the lack of travelling to other subforums. 

Thanks.

I’ll need to work on broadening my horizons!

11 hours ago, HibsFan said:

DUNDEE UNITED

1489305590_Screenshot2020-12-29at19_35_02.thumb.png.a978576cac40fbf2c6227752abd1b31a.png

Pie and Bovril's best-loved United posters of 2020:

The new kids on the block haven't made much of an impression so far in the league, or on here for that matter. Personally think that, with the exception of this category's deserved winner, none of them took full advantage of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity they were given to bam up Hearts posters over the first lockdown. Just think how disgustingly arrogant the m9s would've behaved if we'd been parachuted into the top flight on the back of a global pandemic. Anyway, I digress, here are your top three.

3rd - @stumigoo takes third, one vote ahead of the chasing pack. A pack of two, as @Accent-Unknown (good guy) and @Sarto Mutiny (w**k) narrowly missed out.

2nd - @Granny Danger, everyone's favourite octogenarian, claims silver. Fair to say he's a divisive figure, but for my money he seems largely harmless.

1st - @Szamo's_Ammo wins it in an absolute landslide, with 60%+ of the vote. Will need to crunch the numbers, but he might the most popular voter full stop. He's even won over admirers up the wrong end of Sandeman Street, with one remarking "what a turn around from this DAB c**t". Charming. Congrats, Szamo.

Worst posters coming soon. 251509885_WisecrackRoss.png.87bc8c417d5b04f723ed973ad9dd86b2.png

Got no clue how I even got close to third a I've not posted in ages... no complaining tho.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Voting after such a year is poor, and we should all have come together and made something work for the good of all, rather than just deciding on random people to punish, voting for it, then leaving them to take their medicine alone.

Although this kind of sentiment should be commended, there's always going to be haters. 

I've received the worst poster award for the 2nd year running ( pleasing) , and I rarely post anywhere but St Mirren related threads. 

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their unimaginative votes.

b86d87673c458c426991f1c8b3a4baf4.gif

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not really.  Follow the example of those who just vote for a best poster of .... without going down the worst poster road.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's exactly this holier than thou pish that makes your xV (expected votes) so high.

Someone else opened their PM by saying: "removed some negative comments as it's been a tough year for everyone and slagging strangers on a football forum seems uncharitable at this time of year, even in jest, and in general the boards seem less toxic. Maybe we're learning to be a bit more reasonable."

What do we reckon, have we been less toxic this year or are they just being charitable?