Your Seat

I’m beginning to really miss going to the football and I think it’s more apparent now at the festive period when usually you’re heading off to a match every few days.

Anyway, I thought it would be good to hear about where people sit at their respective grounds. What do you like about it? What don’t you like about it? How long have you sat there?

Also, if you don't have a Season Ticket but have a preferred stand that you've sat in then interested to hear that too!

Below is a picture taken from my seat at Ibrox in the Govan Rear stand (taken vs Hearts last December).

My first match in this seat was on the 27th of December 2006 in a 2-1 home defeat against Inverness CT during the latter stages of the Paul Le Guen era so I’ve been there for almost 14 years exactly. Edit: It was, in fact, a 1-1 draw against St Mirren on the 30th and not the Inverness fixture 3 days earlier.

I really like my seat and I get a great view of the game. It’s particularly good in the second half when Rangers are usually shooting towards the Copland Road.

There aren’t many cons, other than it isn’t the most lively section of the ground, but it’s still great during big matches.

So, let’s hear your stories and see your pictures if you have any!

4D8C1674-627D-408D-882B-05D0A0B7F1E0.jpeg

Edited by AJF

Mine is West stand, 7 rows up from behind the away dugout, just far enough up to stay dry when it rains (took me a few seasons moving back a row each time till i got there because there were 9 of us), and close enough to hear the banter to the away managers/coaches/players on the bench. View is great as it's near to the halfway line and i've been around that area since 2001/02, the season we first played in the top flight, sat in the East stand before that. 

I've never owned a season ticket, I like the palpable frisson of choosing a slightly different seat, and possible seat neighbour, with each game. Plus it allows me the choice of going posh should I wish to by switching to the main stand on occasion. I would choose the 'North Bank' normally though, just as I was a West Bank disciple at Love Street.

What is interesting is that as I've got older I've slowly moved away from the pitch in my seat choice. I used to play (badly) amateur league football in my early 20s and when watching games liked being right at the touchline as it felt as if I was more involved in the game, Nowadays though, I'll maybe choose a seat 5 or 6 rows back (bear in mind Greenhill Road isn't a particularly steep stadium).

Edited by Ric

47 minutes ago, AJF said:

My first match in this seat was on the 27th of December 2006 in a 2-1 home defeat against Inverness CT during the latter stages of the Paul Le Guen era so I’ve been there for almost 14 years exactly.

So, let’s hear your stories and see your pictures if you have any!

4D8C1674-627D-408D-882B-05D0A0B7F1E0.jpeg

Bit odd to sit at Ibrox when that game was played in Inverness...

Years ago I sat in the East Stand, about halfway between the Moffat Stand and the halfway line. It was in the lower tier but near the middle height-wise to get decent-enough views. As I got older and started going with my pals we moved towards the other side of the stand but now due to my job I just sit anywhere I can find a seat in the Frank Beattie. I'm not overly precious about where I sit provided that the pillars don't obscure too much of the view. 

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

You're quite right, I looked at the wrong fixture when looking it up, it was in fact a 1-1 home draw against St Mirren on 30th December (I knew the result was a bad one, I just assumed it had been the defeat haha).

Edited by AJF

Really glad I kept the season ticket going have been in the same seat since the stadium opened.  I'm almost in line with the home dugout near the back of the main stand. It's a great view while you can hear the managers getting their orders over. The fact it's a padded seat makes it comfortable on yer cheeks :)

I sit just behind the away dugout (best place for abusing whichever jobber manager comes along) but much prefer where I sit for reserve games (back row on the halfway line). I'd quite like to emigrate but mostly enjoy sitting with friends. 

Most teams put away fans behind the goals which isn’t the best view, so a home game always sit up the side not too far from half way line to see the game properly. Bought season book for the red shed this season though which is the worst view in the stadium, but purely to support the initiative by the club. Won’t get to sample it this season now I wouldn’t think.

Edited by big al

Had a season ticket for the past 24 years. Sat in the old main stand before it got knocked down and sat in the Famous Five for a few years after that. Moved over to the new main stand in 2004 and sat there for around 10 years next to the dugouts. Been in the East Stand since. 

47 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

You're quite right, I looked at the wrong fixture when looking it up, it was in fact a 1-1 home draw against St Mirren on 30th December (I knew the result was a bad one, I just assumed it had been the defeat haha).

😂

You get away with fuckall on football forums.

I reckon journalists should be made to do mandatory periods on here to keep them on their toes for doing actual  research, fact checks and the like, it would improve them no end, and we'd maybe not need a terrible journalists thread any more. Starting with wham Tam the bam English, he should get his arse signed up to P&B forthwith.

Most teams put away fans behind the goals which isn’t the best view,

It's definitely a worse view but there's I think there's more of an "away day" feel when you're behind the goal, probably because we don't have that option.

Over 26 seasons I've had a mix of PATG and ST, but have always sat in and around the same area regardless.

Have been in every stand over the years for one reason or another, but this is my general view at FP.

FB_IMG_1608647613643.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Got a season ticket when I was 5 and sat here till about 5/6 years ago when we moved down a bit to just infront of the barrier. I gave up my season ticket the season Rodgers came cause of work, excellent timing. My brother, dad and papa still have theirs so I still sit there a few times a season if they can’t make it. It’s a great view and I think my favourite part is you don’t need to move your head too much.

Comfy seat right next to the corporates in the RDL.  It's a good view and slightly less freezing than the rest of the ground.  Sometimes I would like to have a side on view but the Main and South Stands aren't great.   Used to be up on the top deck back when it was fun and there was an atmosphere.  Been there a few years now.