ICT vs Pars

Just the 13 years since we've won up there in the league. In fact we've shockingly only ever won twice up there in the league, and 3 times overall. Some of our worst performances have come in Inverness.

I have absolutely zero confidence of even a draw from this. We won't get away with the garbage we served up at Raith or Dundee should we turn in a similar performance.

Easy 2-0 score line.

Caley not playing today should mean they are fresh coming into this whilst we even looked leggy starting today, first half hour will be important.

We certainly need to improve the performance levels. Hopefully comrie can come in.  Tempted to start with Thomas and Dow as inverted wingers for this.

Most importantly,  has Pixellot been ditched yet?   

Nothing official to suggest that we have ditched Pixellot however a poster on CTO who last season was providing commentary on some games said that he was doing a test run with commentary and the cameras that we use for the highlights during the Arbroath (?) game recently. All seemed to go well. No idea if it will  be rolled out for this one or not sadly. 

Inverness will obviously be the fresher of the 2 sides, hope F.Murray will be back for this, Comrie in from the start and maybe even O'Hara starting should bring a freshness to the side Inverness obviously have a defence we can exploit but are always dangerous going forward maybe Murray can break Todorovs ribs again.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Inverness will obviously be the fresher of the 2 sides, hope F.Murray will be back for this, Comrie in from the start and maybe even O'Hara starting should bring a freshness to the side Inverness obviously have a defence we can exploit but are always dangerous going forward maybe Murray can break Todorovs ribs again.

Forgot Fraser Murray was out today! Aye, would be good to have him available.

Not sure about going with O'Hara and McManus up top from the start. Can't see Crawford doing that and it hasn't particularly worked most times we've tried it. 

You never know though. Might surprise them with a 4-4-2!

Anyway, love Inverness as an away day. I've seen us take about 5 points in total there, and seen some of our absolute worst performances at that ground, but it's a cracking trip for an away fan. Early train from Perth, a pint (or two!) in the bar in the train station, fire over to Lauders for a few. Great jukebox in there, decent pints as well. After that it's a wee walk over the Caley Club (passing the Flat Earth place). Absolutely love the Caley Club.  Does a brilliant local pint (name of which evades me now!) and is just a generally good place to have some drinks. You always get some good chat from the home fans there. The bus to the ground is cheap and handy too.

After the game Inverness town centre is great for some beers. We went to Gellions last time and loved it. A bit pricey but great place with the band playing some Waterboys tunes. Co-Op has a great selection of beers and snacks for the train down. The train down might actually be the best part of the day. Everyone has a laugh and is having drinks, and even if we've lost, which is most times, it's just a really good laugh. Spending time with your friends talking utter shite is always great, and Inverness away gives you a great opportunity to do that.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Forgot Fraser Murray was out today! Aye, would be good to have him available.

Not sure about going with O'Hara and McManus up top from the start. Can't see Crawford doing that and it hasn't particularly worked most times we've tried it. 

You never know though. Might surprise them with a 4-4-2!

Anyway, love Inverness as an away day. I've seen us take about 5 points in total there, and seen some of our absolute worst performances at that ground, but it's a cracking trip for an away fan. Early train from Perth, a pint (or two!) in the bar in the train station, fire over to Lauders for a few. Great jukebox in there, decent pints as well. After that it's a wee walk over the Caley Club (passing the Flat Earth place). Absolutely love the Caley Club.  Does a brilliant local pint (name of which evades me now!) and is just a generally good place to have some drinks. You always get some good chat from the home fans there. The bus to the ground is cheap and handy too.

After the game Inverness town centre is great for some beers. We went to Gellions last time and loved it. A bit pricey but great place with the band playing some Waterboys tunes. Co-Op has a great selection of beers and snacks for the train down. The train down might actually be the best part of the day. Everyone has a laugh and is having drinks, and even if we've lost, which is most times, it's just a really good laugh. Spending time with your friends talking utter shite is always great, and Inverness away gives you a great opportunity to do that.

I was more meaning O'Hara instead of McManus his brilliant headed goal today combined with McManus running himself into the ground the last few games would be 2 reasons to start and if we wanted to go 2 up front I still think McCann could be a good foil for either of the bigger name forwards as he's a more physical target man kind of player.

15 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

If you can hardly beat Arbroath I don't see what your optimism is based on.

I recall in first year English in high school (1997)  there were lessons called 'Gaining The Gist'.

Clearly you missed those classes at your high school.

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

I was more meaning O'Hara instead of McManus his brilliant headed goal today combined with McManus running himself into the ground the last few games would be 2 reasons to start and if we wanted to go 2 up front I still think McCann could be a good foil for either of the bigger name forwards as he's a more physical target man kind of player.

Ah, get you!

Might be an option, especially to keep McManus fresh for Saturday.

McCann is still a strange one. What is his best position? If it's striker we need to play him there more.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I recall in First Year English in high school there were lessons called 'Gaining The Gist'.

Clearly you missed those classes at your high school.

Ah, get you!

Might be an option, especially to keep McManus fresh for Saturday.

McCann is still a strange one. What is his best position? If it's striker we need to play him there more.

100% a striker but as we've mainly seen him as an ineffective wingers it would be good to give him a proper turn as a front man, who knows maybe some muck in the Scottish cup would be a good run out. Inverness away probably isn't the game to get radical with a formation and personnel that has got us sitting 2nd a third of the season in.

13 hours ago, 101 said:

100% a striker but as we've mainly seen him as an ineffective wingers it would be good to give him a proper turn as a front man, who knows maybe some muck in the Scottish cup would be a good run out. Inverness away probably isn't the game to get radical with a formation and personnel that has got us sitting 2nd a third of the season in.

Yup, he's been ineffective as a winger. Would also like to see him get a shot up front for more than 10 minutes.

Edited by DA Baracus