2021 political predictions

GNU_Linux

40 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The SNP will win a majority and refused a S30 from UK Gov.

This will lead to civil unrest and riots on the streets lead by myself. I will be arrested and thrown into prison for 15 years for inciting riots.

Scotland will become independent 4 years into my sentence  and I will miss the party. 

That’s not the worse part.  The worse part is that I’ll be your cellmate!

Scotland

Depends what happens in May. If the SNP don't have a majority then the independence question is dead. (Forget the Green Party). The UK will say if the SNP can't get a majority on their own (despite the fact this is bloody hard to do so) then that is it.

If the SNP does get a majority on it's own. Sturgeon will ask for a Section 30. If Johnson agrees (highly unlikely) there will be a date for an independence referendum. Scotland will then be independent. If Johnson refuses (highly likely) then Sturgeon should take legal action. If she does not then she should resign. If this legal action gets nowhere then Scotland should do what Ireland did 100 years ago and bomb the shit out of the UK government.

United Kingdom

Because of brexit 6 months from now we will all be eating dog food. Despite this fact in 2024 Boris Johnson will be returned by an even bigger majority because he got rid of all the immigrants. Labour as usual will either vote with the tories or abstain and be as relevant in the 2020's as flash player.

USA the EU and the rest of the world

Will of course (now that Donald Trump is now no longer in charge) not give a flying f**k about the UK and will have shits and giggles when the UK inevitably no longer rules the waves and drowns.

Happy new year everyone.  

These ARE my serious predictions idiot.

Edited by pawpar
Idiot down below

My serious predictions for 2021are...

Quite a few elections this year, Holyrood obviously, where I think the SNP will fall just short of an overall majority, polling for indy will remain roughly the same unless Brexit is a total disaster. Section 30 denied and court battle that probably ends up kicked out by the UK supreme court further down the line.

Local elections in England, Labour may claw back a few to keep the sensible pundits going, perhaps some weirdo right wing culture war anti vax party will take some votes off the tories. Johnson will be phased out by autumn, replaced by Gove. They'll want to get covid done before they start filling their pockets with the post brexit deregulation bonfire. Khan will win the mayoral race.

Further afield, there's elections in the Netherlands and Germany. Will the far right continue to make inroads ? Maybe, I would think that like the UK, the establishment centre right parties will probably adopt some of their talking points and proposals. The American Empire project retreated under Trump, will the Democrats look to be the world's policeman again ? There will no doubt be tension with leftist South American states and in the Middle East, where there's also elections in Israel.

Managed decline and beginning to put the pieces in place to fight the inevitable climate/water wars.

10 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Trade unions to get unbelievable boost from zoom, teams etc. 70000 people on a zoom!!!!

"Getting a lot of noise on the speaker, can someone mute, please"