The 2021 NFL Draft

lichtie23

The 2021 NFL draft will the 86th in league history and is scheduled to be held from April 29th to May 1st in Cleveland, Ohio.

Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence is widely expected to be the first player taken after he officially declared on Wednesday. Lawrence isn’t the only QB expected to go in the 1st round with Justin Fields (Ohio State), Zach Wilson (BYU) and Trey Lance (North Dakota State) all being tipped to be off the board by the end of the 1st night. With Ja’Marr Chase (LSU) and DeVonta Smith (Ohio State) leading the way the Wide Reciever position is pretty stacked this year with some mock drafts having 7 players of the position going in the opening round. On the defensive side of the ball cornerbacks Patrick Surtain (Alabama) and Caleb Farley (Virginia Tech) are highly touted and Michigan DL Kwity Paye expected to go high. A lot can change though with the combine and interviews still to take place. And of course there is always the chance of these guys doing something stupid like getting a DUI or punching a woman.

“With the 1st pick the 2021 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select.......”

Draft order as it stands.
1- Jaguars
2- Jets
3- Dolphins
4- Falcons
5- Bengals
6- Eagles
7- Lions
8- Panthers
9- Broncos
10- Cowboys
11- Giants
12- 49ers
13- Chargers
14- Vikings
15- Patriots
16- Cardinals
17- Raiders
18- Dolphins

Who do you lads think that will most likely trade up or down in the 1st round?

Could see the Colts trading up to take a QB if Rivers retires, possibly still doing so even if he comes back so they can sit him for 1 year. Possibly WFT also.

Too early really to speculate bout anything else until Free Agency kinda tips the hat at what teams are thinking, and you get the usual stuff of somebody totally falling in love with a player that really shouldn't be going in the 1st.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Saquon back next season as well? 

I hope so. There has been trade rumours and with Gettelman you never really know. I don’t imagine Tate will be back, Shepard is a good number 2 and Slayton is decent enough but none of them have the X factor you need to change a game. And the less said about Engram the better

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I hope so. There has been trade rumours and with Gettelman you never really know. I don’t imagine Tate will be back, Shepard is a good number 2 and Slayton is decent enough but none of them have the X factor you need to change a game. And the less said about Engram the better

Can you believe I took Engram before Waller in one of my fantasy teams this year?! 🙈

If the Giants can get some play makers they can definitely improve next season because their defence showed up well in games this season. What do you think of Jones as an aside? 

Him cramping up and tripping himself up after running like forever and still having open space in front of him was one of the regular season highlights! 

Do the Giants stick with him long term which will obviously influence their draft strategy? 

Can you believe I took Engram before Waller in one of my fantasy teams this year?! [emoji85]
If the Giants can get some play makers they can definitely improve next season because their defence showed up well in games this season. What do you think of Jones as an aside? 
Him cramping up and tripping himself up after running like forever and still having open space in front of him was one of the regular season highlights! 
Do the Giants stick with him long term which will obviously influence their draft strategy? 

He’s fine. Improving each year, ball security is his biggest issue. I’m happy enough with him as our starter as the organisation seem to be as well. We have a young and improving O-Line which should hopefully give him more time, also has the ability to make plays with his legs. Our draft strategy might hinge on if we can get Leonard Williams signed to a long term deal. Off the top of my head I don’t know how many top quality players will be available in free agency either

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Off the top of my head I don’t know how many top quality players will be available in free agency either

Plenty is the short answer. Receivers you say? 

Kenny Golladay

Marvin Jones Jnr

Juju Smith - Schuster

Will Fuller

Chris Godwin

Allen Robinson

Corey Davis

All due to hit free agency in the summer. If we see the same receiver depth in this years draft as we did last season, it could make for some interesting moves. 

As a player do you want a superbowl ring or another multiple of $10m in the bank?

7 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Eagles surely targeting receiver talent?!

My bet will be QB.  

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Could see the Colts trading up to take a QB if Rivers retires, possibly still doing so even if he comes back so they can sit him for 1 year. Possibly WFT also.

Too early really to speculate bout anything else until Free Agency kinda tips the hat at what teams are thinking, and you get the usual stuff of somebody totally falling in love with a player that really shouldn't be going in the 1st.

Wentz might head to the Colts, reunite with Frank Reich?  We won't trade up for a QB.  We'll either trade for one of the vets expected to be made available (Stafford, Watson, Ryan etc.) or role with Kyle Allen and Alex Smith (if he doesn't retire.  Likely to take BPA when we pick.  

37 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Really? You think Hurts is out already? 

I have my doubts. 

You don't "tank" from 9th to 6th for anything but a QB. Hurts will go back to what he is, a back-up.  Eagles didn't expect Wentz's mind to be so fragile so they will be looking for a starting QB.     

I would love it if Eagles stuck with Hurts. 

Edited by Antiochas III

Suspect Lions will go for someone on defence for a 1st rounder given that's where the Lions have struggled. Should be an interesting draft for the Lions given the new GM was previously head of college scouting with the Rams.

Every year I get weirdly emotionally invested in a couple of prospects. Last year it was CeeDee Lamb, was so annoyed he went to the fucking Cowboys. The year before it was Quinnen Williams, glad to see him come on a lot for the Jets this year because I thought he was the boi. 

This year's obsessions are Kyle Pitts and Micah Parsons. Phenomenal players who are destined to change the world.