Elliot Anderson

Erih Shtrep

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I’m not sure there is that much to wait on. Walking out on a camp (which without the speculation does look like what’s happened going by Clarke’s interview) is never going to go down well and I’d be surprised if we called him up again.

The Clarke interview I watched on Youtube, Clarke himself said that he was injured and had returned to the club rather than fly out to Cyprus. Craig Levien said on Sportsound podcast that this is pretty standard these days as clubs want the player back as soon as possible. It's the media and the click bait sites that are drumming up the speculation from what I can see.

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

Its not what's being said for me but rather what's not being said. If it was an unfortunate genuine injury then all it would take is for the player to come out and say 'im injured. looking forward to joining up in the next break'.  Or Steve Clarke to say like wise which he didn't. Its pretty clear he's wasted everyone's time here and we wont be seeing him in a Scotland shirt again.

HHmmm, you have a fair point here.....one that on reflection, I would probably agree with, I posted the other day that he could put an end to all this by releasing a Tweet or a statements saying something along the lines of "I'm injured, but I'm looking forward to working hard and hopefully being called up to the next squad", by not doing this then the speculation will continue, so yes, it's what's not getting said I suppose, so fair comment. My "wait and see" comment is probably more the fact that none of us really know, people will speculate, that's what the public do, but all these articles seem to have the same sensationalist headlines and very little, certainly nothing new, in the way of content or quotes, which is why I would rather just wait and see what happens really. I suspect Clarke is not the sort of guy to do a u-turn, so if Anderson has decided it's not for him, I suspect for as long as Clarke is manager, there will be no way back.

44 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

The Clarke interview I watched on Youtube, Clarke himself said that he was injured and had returned to the club rather than fly out to Cyprus. Craig Levien said on Sportsound podcast that this is pretty standard these days as clubs want the player back as soon as possible. It's the media and the click bait sites that are drumming up the speculation from what I can see.

Maybe I saw a different one? The interview I saw was Clarke being more or less accepting of the situation and saying that it was up to Anderson what he wanted to do. He certainly didn’t talk about him being injured, or suggest that’s why he went home.

It would be the easiest thing in the world for the player to come out and state his intentions. However with international football it just never seems to be clear cut and that never seems to happen.

When Phil Bardsley and Matt Ritchie jacked it in under Strachan it was all cloak and dagger as to whether they were ever coming back or what their reasons were. It’s only in the last few days that someone on here mentioned the terms of Matt Ritchies divorce/ child access being the reason he gave it up - I genuinely had not heard that before. 

Similarly when Fletcher and Levein fell out a few years back there was never any direct quotes from anyone just rumour and gossip. I’m not sure is this just a Scotland thing or do other nations have all this guff surrounded by secrecy and innuendo? 

2 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

It would be the easiest thing in the world for the player to come out and state his intentions. However with international football it just never seems to be clear cut and that never seems to happen.

When Phil Bardsley and Matt Ritchie jacked it in under Strachan it was all cloak and dagger as to whether they were ever coming back or what their reasons were. It’s only in the last few days that someone on here mentioned the terms of Matt Ritchies divorce/ child access being the reason he gave it up - I genuinely had not heard that before. 

Similarly when Fletcher and Levein fell out a few years back there was never any direct quotes from anyone just rumour and gossip. I’m not sure is this just a Scotland thing or do other nations have all this guff surrounded by secrecy and innuendo? 

I believe what's happened is that Ritchie was living in Bournemouth with his wife and kids when he played for the Cherries but he'd split with his wife before he went to Newcastle so his kids still live down on the south coast and he needs to make use of the international breaks to travel down to Bournemouth and see his kids.

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I believe what's happened is that Ritchie was living in Bournemouth with his wife and kids when he played for the Cherries but he'd split with his wife before he went to Newcastle so his kids still live down on the south coast and he needs to make use of the international breaks to travel down to Bournemouth and see his kids.

Makes sense cheers. Not that it matters but I always thought Bardsley came across as a bellend and likely just chucked it cos he couldn’t be arsed anymore.

10 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Makes sense cheers. Not that it matters but I always thought Bardsley came across as a bellend and likely just chucked it cos he couldn’t be arsed anymore.

10 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

iirc , there was a quote ( interview answer ? ) attributed to Beardsley which WGS did not like  ( allegedly ) !

6 hours ago, Donathan said:

In this situation there's no contest, I believe Burke had a similar situation.