Elliot Anderson

Erih Shtrep

He did an interview last month I think, where he said he hadn't decided yet. It said in same article that Steve Clarke had tried to call him up to the full squad but he had turned it down.

Not decided yet is the polite media way of saying he doesn't want to rule out an England call up first as that's his priority.

• 5 weeks later...

Anderson and Doak both natural wingers, something we don't have a great abundance of at the moment (Christie, Armstrong and McGinn all spend time in wide roles for Scotland but all most comfortable playing more central roles, especially McGinn. Lewis Ferguson also more of a number 10 imo). I think they'll be fantastic options for us, especially if we are struggling to break down a low block. Anderson clearly ahead of Doak at the moment in Clarke's mind which makes sense to me given he's three years older and has 47 senior appearances to Doak's 5.

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

Probably rest 2 or 3 of them till at least the semi final. 

Aye, that's fair.

Anderson, McTominay (didn't list him intentionally*, he'll be a striker) and then the #SuperSub / King of Norway as the rotational midfield?

*That's total BS, I somehow forgot him. Extradition inbound...