New clubs in the West of Scotland

4 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

They are placed in a tier where their facilities are acceptable.

Would this not just create a "junior league" full of fly-by-night clubs playing out of sports centres who are 'trapped' at tier 7-9 but happy to pound the league every season and stay where they are. 

While long established clubs with proper grounds are left a level below having to play these teams every week... 

Edited by Spyro

6 hours ago, Dev said:

A good point. However, there also needs to be access for clubs to funding to improve facilities. Isn't there the SFA Trust or something like that which has a very good track record of helping clubs?

Recently on P&B wasn't there mention of blocking relegation to Division 4 for Licenced clubs? Maybe Division 4 should be a Transition Division so clubs could join and have full membership but stay at the bottom level (no promotion but no blocking the next club with the facilities) until the facilities are in place to a certain agreed minimum standard?
Maybe that is now what it is?

I wonder at a higher level did Albion Rovers receive funding.

Guessing they did for that small uncovered terracing being the goal.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

As I've said earlier was very surprised that the  new clubs achieved full membership so easily. 

As you say a mistake by the league. It can still be sorted but requires some joined up thinking by all concerned.

The East learnt from the Edinburgh South mistake when they told Letham (who are a much further on than Ed South) to bolt as their ground wasn't ready and the league only had the usual assurances that it would be brought up to standard...

Apparently this Div 4 was only a temp measure and ONLY the clubs who actually had a proper ground sorted would be allowed full membership, but it seems the league bottled the aggro and just gave everyone a membership. 

I did ask at the time but was completely ignored by the people in the know

7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I know you like to defend new clubs but you are just knit-picking now. 

Name 1 'established' club who's ground is so poor that their status in the league system should be questioned? 

Spyro, I am not a defender of new clubs but just trying to provide some balance. There were posts about Camby Gers pitch previously and to be fair the ground is in a dilapidated state.

Not calling for expulsion more of a demotion to an appropriate tier where either that's their home forever or they get sorted and achieve promotion.

Dalry played a number of home games away from home sue to pitch. And I see from Twitter Albert are playing at Gow tonight, although I have no knowledge why.

Also Rob Roys situation and now Ashfield.

Do the league turn a blind eye to these?

7 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Would this not just create a "junior league" full of fly-by-night clubs playing out of sports centres who are 'trapped' at tier 7-9 but happy to pound the league every season and stay where they are. 

While long established clubs with proper grounds are left a level below having to play these teams every week... 

But would Sports Centres not be at the bottom of the pile? 

That's why for me there needs to be a proper discussion, not on here by idiot's like me, but by the clubs and the league.

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Spyro, I am not a defender of new clubs but just trying to provide some balance. There were posts about Camby Gers pitch previously and to be fair the ground is in a dilapidated state.

Not calling for expulsion more of a demotion to an appropriate tier where either that's their home forever or they get sorted and achieve promotion.

Dalry played a number of home games away from home sue to pitch. And I see from Twitter Albert are playing at Gow tonight, although I have no knowledge why.

All teams have temporary ground issues over time, just look at Fir Park in the SPL recently. 

Dalry, Royal Albert, etc were bumps in the road and the clubs are CLEARLY working to resolve them.

The Camby situation, KRR and Rosyth are more complicated... But these clubs have played around 250 seasons without any hassle before then.

They need dealt with, as much as it hurts to think it will kill Rosyth.

Some of these new clubs are just taking the piss though 

@Spyro feel we are talking over each other just now. Which is a problem on a forum.

I think we have a lot of common ground and I didn't want to name shame any clubs but for the discussion to move on I felt I should. Nothing against any of the club's 8 mentioned. Just examples.

3 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

But would Sports Centres not be at the bottom of the pile? 

That's why for me there needs to be a proper discussion, not on here by idiot's like me, but by the clubs and the league.

I just feel integrating them into the leagues is dangerous. That's why we have an amatuer setup... 

You just need to look at some clubs having to play coaches outfield and not fancying a trip to Campbeltown... Amatuer stuff by a club who are charging (or should be) admission to watch a kick about in a sports centre 

Just now, Spyro said:

Some of these new clubs are just taking the piss though 

Completely agree but there are some who lob all new clubs in together to suit their argument.

For every Rossvale/Locos there is a Gartcairn who have, for me, done it the right way. But because it's a cage for some it will never be acceptable.

@Spyro feel we are talking over each other just now. Which is a problem on a forum.

I think we have a lot of common ground and I didn't want to name shame any clubs but for the discussion to move on I felt I should. Nothing against any of the club's 8 mentioned. Just examples.

2 different points getting spewed at the same time... Keep up! 😂

10 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Albert played at Lesmahagow as South Lanarkshire Council in their infinite wisdom have decided to close Tileworks Park on Mondays and Tuesdays to save money.

Completely agree but there are some who lob all new clubs in together to suit their argument.

For every Rossvale/Locos there is a Gartcairn who have, for me, done it the right way. But because it's a cage for some it will never be acceptable.

Let's see how Gartcairn get on next season when certain clubs with a couple of hundred fans turn up and start walking behind the goal to go to the portacabin lavvies.

Btw not a dig at Gartcairn but the reality of the situation regarding facilities at MTC 

If a new club needs to use a Sports Centre as a temporary measure that is acceptable as long as they are in the process of obtaining a proper ground.

And like I think we seem to believe that what Div 4 was initially brought in for. But for whatever reason that plan was shelved and we now have this situation where there are 3 clubs in Div 3 who will be playing at a 'Sports Centre'.

It is a mess and could/Will get worse if not addressed.

8 minutes ago, Spyro said:

2 different points getting spewed at the same time... Keep up! 😂

Old fat fingers can't type fast enough I'm afraid. 

We do agree on a lot of points it's just the fine print we may differ. 😁😁

Edited by HorseyGhirl

3 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Let's see how Gartcairn get on next season when certain clubs with a couple of hundred fans turn up and start walking behind the goal to go to the portacabin lavvies.

Btw not a dig at Gartcairn but the reality of the situation regarding facilities at MTC 

Might have known when I mentioned Gartcairn you'd chip in. 😆😆

What happened to you in Airdrie, you can tell Uncle H. 😔😔

Might have known when I mentioned Gartcairn you'd chip in. 😆😆

What happened to you in Airdrie, you can tell Uncle H. 😔😔

Nothing whatsoever happened in Airdrie in my several visits.

Good people trying build something.

Just offering my opinion on facilities or the lack of in a one sided cage.

Old fat fingers can't type fast enough I'm afraid. 

We do agree on a lot of points it's just the fine print we may differ. 😁😁

I think we just need to look and learn from the previous examples. I was more learning towards "let them all in" a while ago, but seen what can happen if this is allowed to continue.

Gartcairn, Bo'ness Athletic, Tweedmouth, Drumchapel, Bonnyton, Rothie Rovers, Easterhouse, Campbeltown, Inverkeithing, Burntisland, Leith Ath, Edinburgh College

Rossvale, OG Broomhill, Syngenta, St Cadoc’s, Edinburgh South and the jury is still out on the other new clubs

I'm probably missing a few but out of all the new clubs recently, you can clearly see the difference in the infrastructure and development priority of these clubs. Some are in it for the long haul, while others probably have good intentions but are flying by the seat of their pants.

Also Letham have genuinely been working towards getting their sh!t together off the pitch and looked brilliant on the pitch so hopefully they can make it through the honeymoon period

54 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Do you mean Cambuslang? What's wrong their park?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

33 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

And like I think we seem to believe that what Div 4 was initially brought in for. 

A year past without the season being completed. A mix of applicant clubs.

Existing members weren't keen on new clubs added to the Conferences. Just like in the East. Had to take more than met the requirements to have a workable division. 

On here it was talked up as being more than that, but it had never went to the members to have a halfway house division. 

Accepting everyone last year seems more about closing the door on that idea and work with what's there. 

You can tell its not the most popular concept with proposals like capping at 80 and no relegation for licensed clubs to Div 4 all being floated.