Ross County v Motherwell - Wed 27th 6pm

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Been pleasantly surprised by him , disciplined in his defensive duties and adds pace and trickery going forward , already has a few assists and a couple of goals for us

Interesting/surprising to hear that as I thought that was by far the worst aspect of his game - although to be fair he got better as time went on.

19 minutes ago, Swello said:

Interesting/surprising to hear that as I thought that was by far the worst aspect of his game - although to be fair he got better as time went on.

The difference in him ambling back as Kris Ajer galloped down the field early on, and post christmas was night and day for him, aye.

Liked Hylton, sad he left, annoyed he's been good.

33 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

The difference in him ambling back as Kris Ajer galloped down the field early on, and post christmas was night and day for him, aye.

Liked Hylton, sad he left, annoyed he's been good.

He loves a nutmeg, so happy we've got him like.

Seedorf and Hylton both debuted at QoS from the bench.  90th minute Seedorf scores a cracker, See-Dorf, See-Dorf rings out from the away fans, 92nd minute Hylton gets in on the act and turns to the crowd who are all looking at their mates going ‘which one is he?’

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

Do you get the impression he knows what he is about to do? I think most of his moves were a surprise to both of us.

He actually seems fairly composed for the most part, he's fast which helps us a lot because half our team are towing trailers.

Just now, ropy said:

Seedorf and Hylton both debuted at QoS from the bench.  90th minute Seedorf scores a cracker, See-Dorf, See-Dorf rings out from the away fans, 92nd minute Hylton gets in on the act and turns to the crowd who are all looking at their mates going ‘which one is he?’

This match was also notable for the ball that tore Chris Long’s face after 12 seconds.

22 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

PS thanks for Hylton , Motherwell 

I honestly thought Hylton was utter shite.

was he better than the other utter shite we had as wingers? Aye probably.

I didn’t get the Hylton hate when he left. Although I don’t think he was good enough to start every week, I still thought he was a good option to have on the bench.

Anyway, a point is no good tonight, 2-0 Motherwell incoming!

I'd like to see us set up with pace all over the park tonight.

Laidlaw

Naismith Morris Iacovitti Hjelde

Paton      Vigurs   Lakin

Charles-Cook   Shaw     Hylton

I can see us starting Draper and pushing Paton out on the right to be honest.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

I'd like to see us set up with pace all over the park tonight.

Laidlaw

Naismith Morris Iacovitti Hjelde

Paton      Vigurs   Lakin

Charles-Cook   Shaw     Hylton

I can see us starting Draper and pushing Paton out on the right to be honest.

I'm thinking Stewart will start, and Randall will keep his place at LB. So from your lineup, RCC and Hjelde would drop out.

Quite nervous about this one tonight, but looking forward to it.

Edited to add - For the sake of my blood pressure tonight, I could do with Harry Paton abandoning his 'why take 1 touch when 6 will do' approach that he's adopted over the last few games. No fannying about, please.

Edited by central staggie

5 minutes ago, central staggie said:

I'm thinking Stewart will start, and Randall will keep his place at LB. So from your lineup, RCC and Hjelde would drop out.

Quite nervous about this one tonight, but looking forward to it.

Edited to add - For the sake of my blood pressure tonight, I could do with Harry Paton abandoning his 'why take 1 touch when 6 will do' approach that he's adopted over the last few games. No fannying about, please.

Paton seems to make the right decisions about 3 touches too late it's like he's playing fifa and lagging.

Edited by staggy1929

As much as I've slated him I'd like to see Chris Long get a start tonight. CBA seeing Seedorf ever again, I think it's fair to say he's had his chance and despite having something he hasn't shown it anywhere near enough to playing at this level. I'd go for something like the below. Our midfield concerns me but I don't know what other options we really have atm. 

Kelly
O'Donnell Mugabi Gallagher Carroll
Maguire Campbell Crawford
Long Cole Watt

I'm trying to stay optimistic and I do think we will win. If we are on song upfront we should have far too much for County. At the same time if we do lose i have the fear that we are going to totally shit the bed this season.

On the topic of Hylton, I always thought he was talented but he strikes me as a player who is probably going to amount to hee haw (no harm to the boy) I liked him at times but I just don't think he is the type of guy who can perform anywhere near consistently enough for 90 minutes week in and week out. I look forward to his hat trick tonight after these comments..

Edited by Luke92

Hopefully O’hara and Lawless are back tonight. I think it was mentioned O’Hara had concussion and he’s been missing for 2-3 weeks now, so fingers crossed he’s available. If not, I guess Maguire will come in. Likewise, Long for Lawless.

Kelly
O’Donnell Mugabi Gallagher Carroll
O’Hara Campbell Crawford
Lawless Cole Watt

That XI is surely good enough to slug our way to 8th or 9th, but we really need to get the finger out and stop this rut we are in.

I’ve seen very little of County this season so I’m not really sure what to expect tonight but if our front 3 play to their abilities, and we do our best not to shoot ourselves in the foot, we should have enough to take the points.

The teams must have conceded 15+ penalties between them this season so it wouldn’t surprise me if we see another one tonight.

13 minutes ago, dezz said:

Hopefully O’hara and Lawless are back tonight. I think it was mentioned O’Hara had concussion and he’s been missing for 2-3 weeks now, so fingers crossed he’s available. If not, I guess Maguire will come in. Likewise, Long for Lawless.

Kelly
O’Donnell Mugabi Gallagher Carroll
O’Hara Campbell Crawford
Lawless Cole Watt

That XI is surely good enough to slug our way to 8th or 9th, but we really need to get the finger out and stop this rut we are in.

I’ve seen very little of County this season so I’m not really sure what to expect tonight but if our front 3 play to their abilities, and we do our best not to shoot ourselves in the foot, we should have enough to take the points.

The teams must have conceded 15+ penalties between them this season so it wouldn’t surprise me if we see another one tonight.

Even if that is a good team or good enough to lift us a couple of places, in this league anyone can lose any game so defeat shouldn’t by seen as terminal but by god we need a win.

So OHara is still missing. Must be more than concussion 🤕 

Lawless back but on the bench. 

Seedorf does not start which is a bonus and I guess the team picks itself with the players available. The only Q Mark is starting with Long over Lawless. Worried about the midfield. 

Hoping the players step up and give their best. No referee blunders would be a help...unless in the very unlikely event the are in our favour ! 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

So OHara is still missing. Must be more than concussion 🤕 

Carl McHugh was out for about four months with the effects, and after effects, of concussion. It's a very serious injury. 

Anyway, I'm away to bask in the creativity flowing through our midfield three tonight...