VAR in Scottish league???

Because the cameras showed the screen that the ref was watching you could see that he just got replay after replay after replay of the 1 camera angle that most strongly suggested there may have been a foul - they didn’t seem to show him the other 4 or 5 angles from which the challenge looked fine. That doesn’t seem right. 

Guest TheJTS98
On 24/02/2021 at 09:26, ancientnoise said:

Who suggested "VAR-light"?

Oh, and 2017 is still new.

Read the thread. Plenty of people saying VAR should 'only be used for X'.

That's not an option. There'll always be an expansion for every new error that happens.

'How come we lost the Champions League final to a no-VAR decision while VAR overturned the decision in our favour? It's not fair!'

And, it wouldn't be fair. You have it for everything or you have it for nothing. The Roy Aitken Thrown-In Principle.

Edited by TheJTS98

22 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Read the thread. Plenty of people saying VAR should 'only be used for X'.

That's not an option. There'll always be an expansion for every new error that happens.

'How come we lost the Champions League final to a no-VAR decision while VAR overturned the decision in our favour? It's not fair!'

And, it wouldn't be fair. You have it for everything or you have it for nothing. The Roy Aitken Thrown-In Principle.

Happy to fully get behind TRATIP tbphwy.

In the Dortmund-Sevilla game tonight, there was a gap of eight minutes between a foul occurring and the penalty being scored. I don’t have time to describe the farce in-between.
[emoji2959]

Ludicrous. I know it's irrelevant atm but imagine there was fans in the ground while that was going on.

Think I've gone full circle from being broadly supportive to just wanting it in the sea and being grateful we don't have it. Rather accept the odd incorrect decision when the results are more detrimental to the game than the error (s) they were trying to correct.

If it has to be kept, and I don't quite understand why it absolutely has to, is rather it was just for goal line decisions and offside if that can be tweaked to be sensible.