VAR in Scottish league???

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

So how do they do it then?

Because once it's in, and checking goals, this shitheap is inevitable. There is no suitable definition for clear and obvious that prevents it.

On another note, I saw the ball hit the upraised arm of a Chelsea player tonight. No pen. They've been given all year for that so I just had to laugh.

St Pauli game on Monday referee awarded a penalty, the video assistant referee suggested the referee go take a look at the video and he accepted he got it wrong and overturned it. There was also a big mass confrontation of players at the end, he did the normal ref business of booking the two players first involved, then had it highlighted to him that what started it was worth taking another look at, he did, it was, red card. Used twice in the game other than checking goals and was spot on.  It's like that every game I watch if they do have to use it. 

I should say that it's not perfect because humans use it but it seems to be used like it's in a different universe to the EPL. 

Edited by itzdrk

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

VAR is absolutely fine, whatever the f**k the English have done to the technology is absolutely mental and they can blame themselves only for it.  

I watch Bundesliga 2 and they have VAR, there's absolutely f**k all of this armpit/fingernail stuff the English have obsessed themselves with. 

You're going to be surprised when demented Rangers and Celtic fans don't accept "ah he was only a fingernail offside" as a reason for VAR not ruling out a goal against them.

18 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

You're going to be surprised when demented Rangers and Celtic fans don't accept "ah he was only a fingernail offside" as a reason for VAR not ruling out a goal against them.

I do not care what Rangers fans, Celtic fans or EPL fanboys think. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I do not care what Rangers fans, Celtic fans or EPL fanboys think. 

You don't care what other match-going fans think either, because being in a stadium with VAR is a fucking shite experience. Completely saps the joy out of celebrating a goal for fear that some technicality is going to overrule it.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

You don't care what other match-going fans think either, because being in a stadium with VAR is a fucking shite experience. Completely saps the joy out of celebrating a goal for fear that some technicality is going to overrule it.

That did not happen when I attended a match where VAR was being used. Place was going tits. 

20 hours ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

In olden times a player where the blue cross is would be flagged offside, even if he was facing away, standing still and having a fag. I laugh when I hear fans say they wish offside was as simple as it used to be. No thanks!

E6F72CB7-F7E6-43A3-AF9B-98FF9E67BA82.jpeg

I agree with your point.  I mind a winger ( yes I am that senior) crossing back into the box for our CF to score : Up went the linesman's flag ( again sometime ago)  and goal chocked off as the winger had only the goalie between him and the goal. That clearly needed correction and I thought the "not interfering" ruling would help, but even that then led to trial by TV etc. I am now inclined to say let the  Ref make mistakes and have a week long debate with my pals: however I think those days are gone.

7 hours ago, The Golden God said:

The offside rule should be (and I think used to be?) fairly simple, have the players feet as the line, there would be no confusion or debate about what body part he could score with.

Even if they used some modicum of common sense. In that picture, Werner's arm is offside but he scores with his feet...surely there's no advantage gained by pointing. If his toe was offside then 100% yes its an offside. If he scored with his shoulder then 100% yes its offside. If they are going to look at each decision in as much depth anyway then surely they can apply that basic level of common sense.

At some point fans just need to grow up and accept that human error's always going to be involved no matter what system you bring in. We might as well therefore stick with the one that doesn't completely kill off the joyful experience of a goal going in and not knowing whether you can celebrate it properly.

9 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

At some point fans just need to grow up and accept that human error's always going to be involved no matter what system you bring in. We might as well therefore stick with the one that doesn't completely kill off the joyful experience of a goal going in and not knowing whether you can celebrate it properly.

That would be the one without VAR then. I was at Anfield last season, Liverpool scored or did they, VAR reviewing, so celebrations curtailed... It was given,  boy is it a joy killer, even if you get the goal. Horrible, horrible, horrible!

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

BUT MANAGURS LOOSE THEYRE JOBS OVUR IT!!!!!!

THURS SO MUCH MUNY AT STEAK!!!!!

The talk from managers and pundits is, unfortunately, leading towards it. Managers need to be told to shut the f**k up with their crying.

The view of fans won't matter.

Ian Maxwell on radio just now saying that they are in talks about a VAR system and also saying that FIFA are pushing for it to be used in all competitions. He did say it was a long way off but it sound inevitable sadly.

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

In the Dortmund-Sevilla game tonight, there was a gap of eight minutes between a foul occurring and the penalty being scored. I don’t have time to describe the farce in-between.

🤬

Yeah it was an absolute nonsense. How allowing the original goal could be deemed a “clear & obvious error” I’ll never know - it looked like shoulder to shoulder to me. And even then the penalty decision was probably correct but still softish. So why not just let the fucking goal stand??? Honestly, sometimes I think the VAR officials are just too keen to get involved purely to justify their role. 

Edited by Junior_Arab