Murder in a Small Town

Boo Khaki

As daft as the car drive by thing was I think it noted a decent point. Eye witness statements are usually fuckin awful and one going past at 30mph isnae gonna be reliable. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

As daft as the car drive by thing was I think it noted a decent point. Eye witness statements are usually fuckin awful and one going past at 30mph isnae gonna be reliable. 

And thats backed up by one eye witness who described "luke" then showing up at the trial and failing to point him out in court, that alone should have set alarm bells ringing in the jurors heads

To be fair to the lassie, was it no about 18 months between the sighting and identifying him in court?

Lads can change a lot between 14-16, and he wouldn't have been dressed the same, hair tied back etc. 

Probably a case of no being absolutely 100% certain and being terrified of making an arse of herself in the court. Makes you wonder why she was, presumably, brought in by the prosecution. 

People have totally different degrees of cognitive awareness, ability to recall detail etc, so it was still ultimately a ridiculous piece of TV that suggests absolutely nothing.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Apparently she sold a leaky caravan to a guy who then suffered Carbon Monoxide poisoning - cost her thousands in legal fees/damages.

That was quite a big chunk of land that she might have owned or leased?

Think she owns it I'm sure or did own it. 

Walked past there today and still used caravans there. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think she owns it I'm sure or did own it. 

Walked past there today and still used caravans there. 

Someone said folk were there the other day measuring up - maybe she's trying to sell - who knows, eh?

There's a cloud over the the area this week, and it's grim as f**k. 

• 10 months later...

Missed this first time around but watched the repeats this week and have a few thoughts to add....

1. As a sometime longhairdo and metal fan I always thought the case against him was pretty weak.
  2. It's not a requirement of a polemical programme to be even handed.