Mark Kerr must go

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:

So tell me over the last two years what have they both done at East fife and montrose. Nothing to gain a championship club Imo

Montrose have been punching well above their weight.

3 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

So tell me over the last two years what have they both done at East fife and montrose. Nothing to gain a championship club Imo

Curious as to who you would suggest? Or do you just ask questions and no answer them?

If you can’t look at what Petrie has done at Montrose and think he deserves a step up then you need your head looked at. Young had decent Albion Rovers and East Fife teams imo but always just fell short in the latter stages of the season. Whether that was to do with squad depth or a mentality issue I don’t know but id still take a punt on him.

It doesn't matter who gets brought in. The choice is between keep things as they are and continue to lose every week or do something different.

Kerr should be counting his lucky stars that Dundee's groundsman is a drooling simpleton.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’d say you don’t have a top half squad on paper.

You’re far weaker than you were last season.

We may be weaker but based on our squad at the start of the season I don’t see how it shouldn’t have been a top half one. 

Dundee and Hearts, obviously. Dunfermline could certainly be argued but it isn’t clear cut. I wouldn’t have even contemplated Raith having a better squad and Inverness lost several players again. 

3 hours ago, renton said:

Petrie would be an enviable appointment: extremely well drilled sides built from the back, but he has a decent career outside of football that I think makes him reluctant to take a full time gig. Young though? His EF sides flatter to deceive and are always good for a late season collapse. For whatever reason he can't seem to generate consistency in his sides.

To be fair to Young, East Fife have been pretty consistent since the turn of the year. No sign of a collapse yet. 

2 wins in 11, both against Alloa.  And failed to score in 4 of the last 5 games, 4 of which have been at home.   The players in the squad aren't THAT bad - anyone would do.  In danger of going down with even less of a fight that Ian McCalls part timers a few seasons ago who had Andy O Connell and whatever was left of Farid El Alagui as the only attacking options.    

Management at this level is always an utter gamble (see a certain I McCall being on the verge of promoting Ayr, only to get poached for a lucrative deal with a rival who he promptly got sent down). So long as it's not another current member of the fucking playing squad, or someone that Smith met on holiday once, then any bet is as good as another.

Petrie has done great job at Montrose but wonder if he wants to go into full time football and probably would have by now. Can we really offer a wage that will beat his day job and Montrose job salary combined and enough security and want him to move to West Coast. 

I think fair enough a manager starting in part time football maybe kerr would have been better doing that but really they need to make step up with 3 years. Likes of Goodwin learned his trade at Alloa for decent time but was only 2 or 3 years probably with plan to get into full time football and any day job just to pay bills. Think these days it's that bit harder if you have not been active in full time football and have day job outside the sport to do for 3 years plus you lose touch somewhat. Ian McCall as far as I'm aware was working within media covering the game during his time out at least. 

Would like someone of experience realistically going to be someone who has been sacked from their last job at a slightly higher level but has shown they have something about them. Prob candidates would be likes of Pressley, Kettlewell, McIntyre, Canning.