Next Ayr United manager

4 minutes ago, Iain said:

Well that's just obtuse.

Both are unappealing but Pressley has pretty much been an unmitigated disaster since leaving Falkirk.

Robertson has at least improved a team, Pressley’s last gig saw him take Carlisle from 2nd to 10th.

I’d sooner see McIntyre than either of the above.

I'm optimistic we get the news tonight. Around 8.30pm. Alternatively, first thing tomorrow morning! I had a look on McBookie last night as I was wanting to place a bet, but the market wasn't there. Neither was the Celtic managers job. Seems random when the list is up or down on McBookie.

5 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Both are unappealing but Pressley has pretty much been an unmitigated disaster since leaving Falkirk.

Robertson has at least improved a team, Pressley’s last gig saw him take Carlisle from 2nd to 10th.

On the other hand, Pressley is able to speak in complete sentences and doesn't base his entire managerial technique on swearing loudly and frequently at bemused foreigners. 😁

If announced today, is it correct to assume David White will be in charge for the Raith game still with the new manager (and possibly their team) in an observation role?
I think this would be case, especially due to the Covid testing policy. Unless they got a test whenever the test deadline was for tomorrow's match...?

17 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Not true, it wasn't all bad at Coventry under the circumstances.

Just now, Hazbart said:

Initially yes, he did ok through their admin period, then got a contract extension and it all went to shit.

Yes, he seems to do well at clubs in meltdown, Falkirk were the same when he took a side full of kids to Hampden. 

16 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Hopefully it’s not an indicator of things to come....

I'm not a fan of his but there are far poorer contenders to be worried about  IMHO, maybe a wee 18 month slingshot into serious contention for the big league. 

Edited by ayrmad

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely to f**k we’re not actually appointing Pressley.

When I first read his name I was expecting more posts like D'Jaffo above. Genuinely worrying that there are some accepting of the notion Pressley might get the job.