Next Ayr United manager

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:
6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:
I’ve got a sneaking suspicion it won’t be hopkin! Just my gut telling me it’s not him. I was listening to Levien on bbc and a few things he said just made me think

I missed it. What was Levien saying to it?

It was little things he was saying he was happy before changing to if I was managing I’d be happy...

I also found it weird when Smith said he was surprised with the quality of candidates that applied. Surely the likes of Hopkin and McIntyre were the minimum standard they’d of been looking to appoint.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It was little things he was saying he was happy before changing to if I was managing I’d be happy...

Exactly what I was thinking . Also him and McFadden never got asked the obvious question . 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I also found it weird when Smith said he was surprised with the quality of candidates that applied. Surely the likes of Hopkin and McIntyre were the minimum standard they’d of been looking to appoint.

I think they were very coy with the conversation between smith and levien

Smith made a strange comment which amounted to we have kinda got an idea who our guy is, and we should have it sorted out by Thursday ... sort what out ? Most on the list are free and available, unless of course they have another contact perhaps with the media to get out of . 

McCall was unusually silent on it as well , apart from asking Leven if he ratted McCowen ....

Smith made a strange comment which amounted to we have kinda got an idea who our guy is, and we should have it sorted out by Thursday ... sort what out ? Most on the list are free and available, unless of course they have another contact perhaps with the media to get out of . 
McCall was unusually silent on it as well , apart from asking Leven if he ratted McCowen ....

Testing is on Thursday so he’ll need to wait until then before he can meet the players. I’d imagine that’ll happen and an interview will be recorded before we formally announce it.

He’ll also have to arrange everything with any people he’s bringing onto his back room staff.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Testing is on Thursday so he’ll need to wait until then before he can meet the players. I’d imagine that’ll happen and an interview will be recorded before we formally announce it.

He’ll also have to arrange everything with any people he’s bringing onto his back room staff.

I can maybe see davie white taking the game against hearts. 2 days isn’t enough to drill the team the way you want 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I hear you , no strong evidence really , just wee half clues .  Smith also said he was blown away by who applied . On the testing business , I wouldn’t get strung out on that as an inhibitor, we tested 300 guys today at work , it can be done in many places  in Scotland if you have £200 ... I’d guess the new fellow will be tested well before he rocks up to take the test with the players . Can’t have him failing and missing the Hearts game on his first day ....

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

If he was blown away with who applied there is maybe some names in there we are not thinking of, surely the likes of Hopkin, McIntyre etc would have been expected.

That was my take as well . 

Rather White takes charge Saturday leaving the new guy a full weeks training. Plus best not to start his tenure off with a likely defeat anyway when he hasnt had a chance to influence anything
Remember we've got Dundee away on Tuesday, so there's not going to be much time for him anyway.

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:
3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
Rather White takes charge Saturday leaving the new guy a full weeks training. Plus best not to start his tenure off with a likely defeat anyway when he hasnt had a chance to influence anything

Remember we've got Dundee away on Tuesday, so there's not going to be much time for him anyway.

Aye but there is a difference between Dundee and hearts. Dundee are pish