Next Ayr United manager

48 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So, who do you want to accompany the #imminent tomorrow (realistically of course)?

Stewart Petrie is the dream. Danny Lennon would also be pretty decent 

I still think it’ll be David Hopkin which will be a bit meh but certainly better than Kerr. 

At this point in time, I don't envy our chairman as he'll feel this is his first big decision that he'll be judged on. 

Who do I want to see get the job? Someone who has the club's best interests at heart and who wants the best for Ayr United - is that too rose-tinted? He can be as ambitious as he wants to be and I don't care too much about a track record - I just want someone who is competent and understands what's needed in this division - that kinda narrows down the field imv.     

Edited by Jazzar

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

With Martinez as DoF?

And if they could bring Hazard, Meunier, Lukaku, Mertens & De Bruyne with them, that would be much appreciated and would maybe give us a chance of pushing for the 4th place play off spot, assuming they all hit the ground running of course.

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Never say never, last 2 appointments have been unexpected outsiders who weren't even on the bookies list

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

And if they could bring Hazard, Meunier, Lukaku, Mertens & De Bruyne with them, that would be much appreciated and would maybe give us a chance of pushing for the 4th place play off spot, assuming they all hit the ground running of course.

To be fair, you're as likely to get Martinez as celtic are. 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Aye just seen that, hmmm maybe not hopkin then.....

Anton has been kept on but demoted from assistant manager as Andy Millen has been announced as new assistant manager , does that then change things ? 

Edited by Robbo63

Anton has been kept on but demoted from assistant manager as Andy Millen has been announced as new assistant manager , does that then change things ? 

If McElhone was getting ready to join Hopkin, who will know by now if he’s getting the job, then Morton would’ve said in that statement he’s leaving.

It might well be Hopkin that’s coming in but I don’t think he’ll be bringing McElhone with him if he does.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If McElhone was getting ready to join Hopkin, who will know by now if he’s getting the job, then Morton would’ve said in that statement he’s leaving.

It might well be Hopkin that’s coming in but I don’t think he’ll be bringing McElhone with him if he does.

I think if Hopkin is coming it could have been agreed with Morton that they don’t announce McElhone leaving until tomorrow ,so that it’s not obvious to press that Hopkin is going to Ayr before Smiths announcement