Next Ayr United manager

Could he not just have told us on Tuesday, a waste of energy waiting for that announcement. 

Maybe they hadn’t agreed everything on Tuesday?

He probably wanted him to be at the club and all the pictures and stuff done before announcing it. Really don’t see what the issue is.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would prefer Kerr right now.

It’s a completely boring appointment and that’s probably what we need right now.

We've been told that shit for decades, we're one of the most unimaginative clubs in the country when it comes to managers. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would prefer Kerr right now.

It’s a completely boring appointment and that’s probably what we need right now.

Probably the right man for the end of the season but for 2 years...

We've been told that shit for decades, we're one of the most unimaginative clubs in the country when it comes to managers. 

So you’d rather go for someone we weren’t talking about just for the excitement factor. Hate to break it to you but clubs don’t appoint managers just to excite fans.

We all had our own preferences but I think it was always going to be someone like McIntyre or Hopkin.

Smith's comments on Tuesday warped expectations. There was no reason to gush about the quality of applicants or be all dramatic about sleepless nights if he was just appointing a standard candidate from the standard pool of candidates.

I’m fairly certain he would’ve had sleepless nights given he still had to get the appointment right. I don’t think he was meaning he was losing sleep over the thought of Hopkin.

At the end of the day it's a decent appointment for the club. It wasn't the new managers fault that the club waited until today to name him. He'll have my backing, the same as any new manager would. Let's hope he has an immediate impact and  steers us away from the bottom end of the table. We have a difficult game on Saturday, but it's a difficult game for anyone in this league, probably more of a free hit at Hearts than anything else, hopefully if anything he makes us hard to beat

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So you’d rather go for someone we weren’t talking about just for the excitement factor. Hate to break it to you but clubs don’t appoint managers just to excite fans.

We all had our own preferences but I think it was always going to be someone like McIntyre or Hopkin.

Said that yesterday but for some reason one of our supporters "took offence"and gave me a red dot, very strange behaviour indeed........