Next Ayr United manager

From what I've been told it definitely won't be Houston or Petrie.   Haven't got a clue as to who it might be though or who the targets they already had in mind were.

Disappointing but not unexpected for Petrie.

I hadn’t thought of Danny Lennon until itzdrk mentioned it yesterday but he’s someone I’d probably take.

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yesterday it was Maurice Ross, we can probably expect a week of these sort of "exclusives" and ultimately we'll no doubt end up with someone who hasn't even been mentioned !!!

The Moff

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Also heard some semi-reliable chat about Chris Strain applying. I see he's also on the McBookie list (not that it means much).

33/1 only one contender with higher odds than him , surely not 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Well it’s the same guy who was spot on about Kerr being away on Saturday. 

Heard Kerr knew after the Inverness game he had to pick up minimum 4 points between Dundee and Arbroath , led to believe if the Dundee game  was on and they lost he could have been away by Saturday 

Edited by Robbo63

13 hours ago, honestly united said:

Weir was mid 30's and passed it when he came to Ayr, 1 season and retired if I remember rightly. Most of Burleys time was mid table 1st Division, we did get to the final of the B&Q cup twice which seemed like an achievement back then

Well you don't remember rightly we had the pleasure of seeing Weir play for two seasons and he still had a touch of class

Burley football was good he could have got Ayr up.if he stayed but Motherwell came on and poached him away

Well you don't remember rightly we had the pleasure of seeing Weir play for two seasons and he still had a touch of class
Burley football was good he could have got Ayr up.if he stayed but Motherwell came on and poached him away
Think you may have to our history wrong
Ayr United

Burley joined Ayr United as a player-manager in 1991, succeeding Ally MacLeod. In his first season, he took United to the B&Q Centenary Cup Final and again reached the final of the competition (by then renamed the B&Q Challenge Cup) the following season. However, he did not succeed in taking Ayr back to the Premier League and was dismissed in 1993 for adverse results with the side's place in the First Division in serious jeopardy.

Motherwell

Burley moved briefly to Falkirk in 1993 as a player before returning to Motherwell as player-coach.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Think you may have to our history wrong
Ayr United

Burley joined Ayr United as a player-manager in 1991, succeeding Ally MacLeod. In his first season, he took United to the B&Q Centenary Cup Final and again reached the final of the competition (by then renamed the B&Q Challenge Cup) the following season. However, he did not succeed in taking Ayr back to the Premier League and was dismissed in 1993 for adverse results with the side's place in the First Division in serious jeopardy.

Motherwell

Burley moved briefly to Falkirk in 1993 as a player before returning to Motherwell as player-coach.

Ally McLeod was the manager when we got to the Centenary Cup Final. It took place in November 1990, a couple of months before Burley was appointed.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Robertson's record looks okay with a 52.27% win rate but again what's the standard like over there and the logistics getting him here from India during a global pandemic make it very unlikely.

Read something about home coming home because of the pandemic last year, whether or not he's gone back out to India since I don't know. 

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 minutes ago, RedEd said:
Ally McLeod was the manager when we got to the Centenary Cup Final. It took place in November 1990, a couple of months before Burley was appointed.

Copied of Wikipedia just to prove he's talking rubbish about him doing well and leaving for Motherwell

It was a long time ago and I never said he got to two cup finals the other person did go tell him that he was wrong to

Instead of bring your gammon headed rage out on me 

I was at one of those games Billy Dodds and his Dadds stood behind us we all wore black in white santa hats 

From the list on McBookie:

Would take- Hopkin, McIntyre, Houston, McCall (Stuart), Petrie, Young, Robinson, Lennon 

Unsure- Murray, Robertson,  Duffy, Canning,

No thanks- Ferguson, Hursty, McFadden, Rutkiewickz,, Ross, Stubbs, McCoist, Farrell,

Fire them suggestions straight in the bin- Strain, MacKay 

ETA: Strange to see Kettlewell not even quoted, thought he would of been one of the favourites. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

24 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Burley got pumped out the door after The Pars took 6 off us, goals correct team maybe. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

From the list on McBookie:

Would take- Hopkin, McIntyre, Houston, McCall (Stuart), Petrie, Young, Robinson, Lennon 

Unsure- Murray, Robertson,  Duffy, Canning,

No thanks- Ferguson, Hursty, McFadden, Rutkiewickz,, Ross, Stubbs, McCoist, Farrell,

Fire them suggestions straight in the bin- Strain, MacKay 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Whoever's updating the McBookie list is having a laugh. Mackay at 10/1, are you mad?

MacKay would be a great appointment genuinly doubt he has applied for it though or Levein there too big for Ayr

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Whoever's updating the McBookie list is having a laugh. Mackay at 10/1, are you mad?

Is it not partly influenced by the number of bets placed on an option?  If so, who the hell is putting money on Mackay?