Alan McGregor

7 minutes ago, Mean Gene said:

His save at the end was unreal. Couldn’t believe it.

its how it almost stuck to his fingers (he used his technique to take all the momentum out the ball!) . Absolute beauty of a save 

Edited by greenockraver

1 minute ago, greenockraver said:

yet far and away oor best goalkeeper

We've managed absolutely fine without him.

Who was it who saved that penalty against Serbia?

Edited by DA Baracus

He is our best keeper, but he's chosen to retire from international duty. Even if he decided to return, David Marshall should absolutely be given the gloves at the Euros considering his performances for Scotland of late when he's been one of the best players.

And then after that? Well, I'm not sure by the time the WC comes round if McGregor at 42 will still be the best in Scotland and willing to play for the national team and that's if we even made it to that tournament.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He is our best keeper, but he's chosen to retire from international duty. Even if he decided to return, David Marshall should absolutely be given the gloves at the Euros considering his performances for Scotland of late when he's been one of the best players.

And then after that? Well, I'm not sure by the time the WC comes round if McGregor at 42 will still be the best in Scotland and willing to play for the national team and that's if we even made it to that tournament.

Aye Leighton was a fair age in 98. 40 if memory serves? 

Gordons off the radar right now. hes an unbelievable goalkeeper but I havent seem him play in ages 

I've seen him pull off some absolutely ridiculous saves this season.

Just now, greenockraver said:

Aye Leighton was a fair age in 98. 40 if memory serves? 

Aye. His back-up was Neil Sullivan and Jonathan Gould though not Craig Gordon!

Gordons off the radar right now. hes an unbelievable goalkeeper but I havent seem him play in ages 

Gordon has been in brilliant form for Hearts this season and is a large reason they've not had more humilating results than they have done. He'll be up there as one of the best keepers in the league again next season when Hearts are back in the top flight.

Celtic must be kicking themselves as he's better than Bain, Barkas & Hazard combined!

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gordon has been in brilliant form for Hearts this season and is a large reason they've not had more humilating results than they have done. He'll be up there as one of the best keepers in the league again next season when Hearts are back in the top flight.

Celtic must be kicking themselves as he's better than Bain, Barkas & Hazard combined!

I havent seen anything from the championship but its encouraging to know gordon is still there, plugging away albeit at a low level. 

Edited by greenockraver