Livi v Accies

Big game this for Martindale too,his tactics have been called into question recently.

Time to get back to doing what we do(did) best,get in the opposition's faces,don't give them a minute and let them worry about us,instead of what's been happening recently with us worrying too much about the opposition.....

It really depends on who's fit today; the strategy of playing with one striker for the first hour and then flooding the box has ween well and truly sussed by the opposition. We need to try something different. The strategy (if you can call it that) of lumping the ball up to one short striker surrounded by three defenders is only working for the opposition.

Thought Reilly had started to show glimpses of what he could offer; now he's out for the rest of the season.  

I have absolutely zero idea what McCrorie has done to be ahead of Stryjek. The defence always looks more nervous when McCrorie is in goals and he rarely makes saves beyond those you would expect of an average goalkeeper.

Not hugely convinced by Stryjek either but it is abundantly clear that we are better as a team with him in goals. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I have absolutely zero idea what McCrorie has done to be ahead of Stryjek. The defence always looks more nervous when McCrorie is in goals and he rarely makes saves beyond those you would expect of an average goalkeeper.

Not hugely convinced by Stryjek either but it is abundantly clear that we are better as a team with him in goals. 

Think it was more to do with what happened in the Dundee United game with Stryjek being dropped, It's a tough one for a keeper as in some occasions 1 mistake leading to a goal and you could be out for the long term and you rarely see that happening to an outfield player. Such is the curse of the goalkeeper. 

For me I would choose Stryjek, He is a Livi keeper and still young and can only get better with more games, and I don't see a huge difference in ability with either him or McCrorie. I would continue with Stryjek and let McCrorie go back to Rangers with no more Livi games under his belt, short of injury to Stryjek. 

Not sure what we would do going forward though, as I am hearing good things as well from Linlithgow about Brian Shwake , do we bring him back as deputy to Stryjek for next year or send him back out on loan somewhere for game time and bring someone else in as deputy. Or will we have another poll on whether to give Gary another season :) 

Today's line up with McCrorie in goals again - as I already said, but Max dropped from the squad entirely is bizarre.

I think Robbo has played his last game for us also.
He is fit (Martindale mentioned this in a presser recently), but has obviously fallen out with Martindale after the sub against The Rangers.
With his contract up at the end of the season and the rumours of him signing for Motherwell, I think we won't see Robbo play for us again.

Fulton
Hamilton Martin Easton
Hodson Odoffin Martin Munro
Callachan
Smith Anderson

I didn't expect Smith to start but he did better than Moyo last week. He'll be a best, at least, which should hopefully free up Anderson and Callachan a bit.

Looks like it's McMann's turn to randomly disappear.

Also, our bench is... not good.

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

| McCrorie, Devlin, Fitzwater, Guthrie, Longridge, Bartley©️, Holt, Sibbald, Pittman, Forrest & Emmanuel-Thomas.

Subs - Maley, Ambrose, McMillan, Serrano, Lawson, Mullin, Kabia, Tiffoney & Poplatnik. #LFCLive

GULP!!!!!

Do i not like this.Baffled.🤔.

4 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Today's line up with McCrorie in goals again - as I already said, but Max dropped from the squad entirely is bizarre.

He is fit (Martindale mentioned this in a presser recently), but has obviously fallen out with Martindale after the sub against The Rangers.
With his contract up at the end of the season and the rumours of him signing for Motherwell, I think we won't see Robbo play for us again.

Are Motherwell now actively in on this joke now?

Surely can’t leave Robbo out for this?!!! On the edge of losing top 6? We need goals and I don’t see it coming from JET. Other than that, mullin and Serrano on the bench? Don’t think martindale wants good deliveries into the box! 

8 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I didn't think McCrorie would be dropped, so no surprise there, already posted my views on that.

Didn't know that about Robbo, thought he must be injured, Stryjek too if he's not on the bench, or maybe a covid isolation. JET up front didn't work when Holt persisted with it, neither did dropping Mullin, just wish we'd play both Mullin and Forrest on the wings. No pace up front pressing defenders, so they'll have an easy time bringing the ball out of defence, Pitts, Forrest and Sibbald will have to take up the slack for JET not doing any running.

Guess we're going for the lumping it up to JET, but for a big guy he isn't very good at holding off defenders, they usually just stick a leg round him and kick the ball away.

24 minutes ago, Afro said:

Are Motherwell now actively in on this joke now?

Fair play if we're making this a bit and committing to it.

Where's this rumour come from btw?

We've about 17 players out of contract in the summer (not including the 6 loans we have) so we're going to be actively looking for bodies.

Edited by capt_oats

26 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Fulton
Hamilton Martin Easton
Hodson Odoffin Martin Munro
Callachan
Smith Anderson

I didn't expect Smith to start but he did better than Moyo last week. He'll be a best, at least, which should hopefully free up Anderson and Callachan a bit.

Looks like it's McMann's turn to randomly disappear.

Also, our bench is... not good.

Opposite of us, our bench is pretty good, our starting XI, not so much.

Another bizarre line up, changing things up again with the players but sticking with the same formation is starting to scream to me that we don't really know what we are doing. We are playing 1 man up front against what is essentially a 5 man defence. We will thump the ball up to Jet who has only ever performed well in the league games when out on the right wing.

It almost smacks of desperation from Davie not sure about what to do so just changes personnel in the hope that it will work, or is that me being a little tough. 

1 hour ago, Livi96 said:

Surely can’t leave Robbo out for this?!!! On the edge of losing top 6? We need goals and I don’t see it coming from JET. Other than that, mullin and Serrano on the bench? Don’t think martindale wants good deliveries into the box! 

I know nothing.