Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I've now seen the document (it bangs on a lot about B teams being great and wonderful in Croatia), There is no mention in the documentation regarding funding/prizemoney.

3. a new ten-team Conference League to sit between League 2 and the Lowland / Highland Leagues, to include a number of B teams, Lowland League clubs and Highland League clubs. This option would not allow for B teams to be promoted out of the new league (but would allow for promotion and relegation of non-B teams in the usual way).

3. Conference League

Strengths

If established as a separate company, like the Scottish Women’s Premier League, it would not need the high level of voting support that the other two models require

Strengths? Seriously? Think about this for a moment. It is a strength that this Frankenstein can be set up in the face of overwhelming disapproval for Scottish football. These c**** have utter contempt for everyone outside a very select few

So the plan appears to be something like this:

Rangers B, Celtic B, Hearts B, Aberdeen B, Spartans, Stirling Uni, Tranent, Buckie, Brechin, Brora

if it were to be pushed through by next season. The SPFL lower division clubs maybe don't have to sign off on it but the HL and LL presumably would if it changes the Club 42 playoff and I don't see how it conceivably couldn't. Think there is very little danger of the HL in particular voting for this.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Rangers B, Celtic B, Hearts B, Aberdeen B, Spartans, Stirling Uni, Tranent, Buckie, Brechin, Brora

if it were to be pushed through by next season. The SPFL lower division clubs maybe don't have to sign off on it but the HL and LL presumably would if it changes the Club 42 playoff and I don't see how it conceivably couldn't. Think there is very little danger of the HL in particular voting for this.

There would be no sign off by LL/HL as the play off rules wouldn’t change, Club 42 merely becomes Club 52.

5 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

There would be no sign off by LL/HL as the play off rules wouldn’t change, Club 42 merely becomes Club 52.

This conference would be a separate entity from the SPFL so I don't see how that holds water because the league clubs would be promoted into would no longer be the SPFL.

1 minute ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I believe it would fall under the auspices of the SPFL. I could be wrong but that is my understanding of it.

Then it would have to be SPFL3. The SPFL Reserve League and SWPL fall under the auspices of the SPFL, doesn't mean they can just railroad into the pyramid.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Then it would have to be SPFL3. The SPFL Reserve League and SWPL fall under the auspices of the SPFL, doesn't mean they can just railroad into the pyramid.

Much as I don’t agree with all of this, I think they will insert this league with or without any permissions.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This conference would be a separate entity from the SPFL so I don't see how that holds water because the league clubs would be promoted into would no longer be the SPFL.

This is how they are getting round this, it would be under “the auspices” of the SPFL. I don’t agree with it, but this is my understanding of it.

Just now, Pyramid Watcher said:

Much as I don’t agree with all of this, I think they will insert this league with or without any permissions.

There is a legal agreement in place between the SPFL, SFA, HL or LL so they don't have the right to do that unilaterally any more than they could force the EoS to agree that the LL should take the east superleague as a feeder.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There is a legal agreement in place between the SPFL, SFA, HL or LL so they don't have the right to do that unilaterally any more than they could force the EoS to agree that the LL should take the east superleague as a feeder.

I suppose we will just have to wait for more info to come out, but they seem pretty confident that they have the bases covered.

46 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So what happens when Spartans, Stirling Uni, Tranent, Buckie, Brechin and Brora all say “f**k that”?

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I don’t get why it’s a soft landing. A league of teams with their mums and dads watching them from League 2 doesn’t sound like fine and likely getting spanked off full time players. 

A year of that then presumably two up and two down means you have half a chance of being promoted or relegated. Complete nonsense.

It’s a soft landing because there will be automatic promotion and relegation to SPFL 2 and I believe there will be a annual payment to each participating non B team Club

5 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

It’s a soft landing because there will be automatic promotion and relegation to SPFL 2 and I believe there will be a annual payment to each participating non B team Club

Nowhere has mentioned automatic promotion and relegation 

20 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So what happens when Spartans, Stirling Uni, Tranent, Buckie, Brechin and Brora all say “f**k that”?

They have all signed up to the principle of progression as part of club licensing so questionable whether they can but guess they could open it up to application.