Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

My understanding is that any proposed rule changes would need to have been submitted by yesterday ahead of the LL AGM. Any club can propose something with the backing of one other.

Really, really hope I’m wrong but I don’t think further relegation will be on the table. In my opinion, we should be aiming for three down every year but realistically they’d only vote to add one more spot.

I still think a second division in the LL is a good idea. Bring in 16 licensed clubs from East, South and West to create the league with second division winners go up, runners up into a play-off with club 15 and three clubs relegated each season. Allowing the winners of the South, West and East to go into division 2. 

One thing I haven't seen anywhere which intrigues me. 

So far none of the clubs who have opposed this proposal have said they won't accept the cssh that comes from it. Will they still accept the cash when it's handed out?????? 

9 minutes ago, It's Me said:

So far none of the clubs who have opposed this proposal have said they won't accept the cssh that comes from it. Will they still accept the cash when it's handed out?????? 

Of course they will. Just because they disagree with a proposal doesn’t mean they should refuse any resulting funds out of spite.

11 minutes ago, It's Me said:

Why on Earth is that intriguing? It's like saying LL clubs would like automatic promotion but it's intriguing that they still accept a place in the play-offs.

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

Of course they will. Just because they disagree with a proposal doesn’t mean they should refuse any resulting funds out of spite.

Will be interesting to see what they do. If they are so against it I would expect them to not be accepting money from it. 

12 minutes ago, It's Me said:

By the sounds of it has not been decided what will exactly be done with the money. With many saying it will be going to the operations of the league. In which case they might not get any cash directly to turn down.

19 minutes ago, It's Me said:

I still think a second division in the LL is a good idea. Bring in 16 licensed clubs from East, South and West to create the league with second division winners go up, runners up into a play-off with club 15 and three clubs relegated each season. Allowing the winners of the South, West and East to go into division 2. 

I'm not shit stirring here but what's the whole idea about LL2 about?

What reasons have been given for it and why are clubs in favour of it?

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

I think it was spoken about a few years ago. I think it would be a good idea. 

1 minute ago, It's Me said:

I think it was spoken about a few years ago. I think it would be a good idea. 

Why though? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't really understand where the current push for it is coming from?

Edited by Gordon EF

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

At this point all it does is strengthen the brand of the LL for sponsorship purposes.

Also likely to hasten the turnover of clubs from Tier 5 and Tier 6 as its seen as more likely for more fluid movement between a LL and LL2.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Why though? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't really understand where the current push for it is coming from?

Where did I say there was a push for it? It was my opinion...... 

Just now, It's Me said:

Surely if clubs have been so outspoken about this and given whatever reason for it if and at the end of the day they just accept the money doesn't that seem hypocritical? 

No. No club is against being given more money. The clubs who voted no don't want B teams in the league despite being offered money (although it's still not clear clubs would see any of that £50k). Why would it be hypocritical to accept a benefit, even if your position is that that benefit is not worth the downside?

Like I said, are LL clubs who want to see automatic promotion to the SPFL hypocrites for taking part in the play-off. Or are they just making a sensible, pragmatic decision even though they would like things to work differently?

3 minutes ago, It's Me said:

Where did I say there was a push for it? It was my opinion...... 

You didn't. I've just seen it mentioned in a few places recently (including by you) and I'm wondering what the point behind it is?

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

At this point all it does is strengthen the brand of the LL for sponsorship purposes.

Also likely to hasten the turnover of clubs from Tier 5 and Tier 6 as its seen as more likely for more fluid movement between a LL and LL2.

Let's them pull up the bigger tier 6 clubs under the LL umbrella without ditching the dross at the bottom of the LL in a oner? Makes sense, although you'd imagine that would be a league the likes of VoL, Gretna and Edinburgh Uni would hurtle right through.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Let's them pull up the bigger tier 6 clubs under the LL umbrella without ditching the dross at the bottom of the LL in a oner? Makes sense, although you'd imagine that would be a league the likes of VoL, Gretna and Edinburgh Uni would hurtle right through.

I'm sure these clubs wouldn't be in LL2 long before going to EOS. But that is fair enough, they will find their level. 

10 minutes ago, It's Me said:

Surely if clubs have been so outspoken about this and given whatever reason for it if and at the end of the day they just accept the money doesn't that seem hypocritical? 

They still have to play these games, they will incur expenses from it that can even be higher than any normal game depending on the number of away fans turning up. If their fans are that strongly against it (like Bonnyrigg), fewer of them might turn up, which would cost them money. I don't see why they shouldn't take any money that could compensate that.

43 minutes ago, It's Me said:

1).  Is that any business of yours, receiving a donation from the Old Firm is indeed a very rare occurrence? Clubs spend money to suit their needs.

2) Do you have any suggestions what the said clubs could do with their donation.

Remember the proposal still has to be verified at the AGM before any decision on the divvy up of the £50K

P.S. What about using the money to buy an U20 kid from one of the OF clubs, therefore giving them some of their £25K back. LOL😉😉

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I don’t think this forum has ever had so many visitors all eager to make their point known.
As far as the comments as to whether this was a good idea / bad idea, it was no contest – a landslide against.

At least my only point in this debate won through – it was for the LL clubs to decide on this matter.

I do believe that effects of the proposed boycott of LL teams will be minimal at best.
Most LL clubs have their “big team” supporters and I reckon that they will be the ones to turn out to see the old firm colts. I reckon travelling fans will be few and far between.

Anyway - Clubs in the LL have existed and remained alive with their “crap attendances” that we keep hearing about !!

With this experiment only for one year, any notion that it would provide a benefit for the national team was always gonna be spurious to say the least.
I then tried to think about what benefits Celtic & Rangers would get.
Why this route rather than the usual loan system ?
The loan system has worked well for many years and many clubs have benefited.

The only benefit that I can see for the old firm for this  experiment is that
Celtic will have their team playing the “Celtic way”  & 
Rangers will have their team playing the “Rangers way”

I then tried to examine is there any benefit to the LL from this experiment ?
The only one is that of greater media exposure.
Like it or not, newspapers make sure that they cover all aspects of what the old firm are up to.
The other area of greater media exposure is through the old firm websites & their media channels.

They both have a big beast to fill for their fans worldwide and if the LL clubs get a bit of that then it can’t be anything other than good.

All in all, if it is passed at the AGM, then at the end of this experiment we will all have lots to talk about going forward, but at least we will have a bit of evidence to back it up !

Edited by VodkaTap