Sunday morning albums

Jimi Shandrix

Good morning. And what a gloriously sunny Sunday morning it is here in Fundee. Lovely warm spring sunshine coming in through the window. Got up and thought mmm, it's a "Foxbase Alpha" (St Etienne) kinda morning. Blissful. Could also have gone for "Forever Changes" by Love, "Pet Sounds" by The Beach Boys", "On Your Own Love Again" by Jessica Pratt or "Chill Out" by The KLF off the top of my head.  So, what are other P&Bers favourite Sunday morning records?

53 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Good morning. And what a gloriously sunny Sunday morning it is here in Fundee. Lovely warm spring sunshine coming in through the window. Got up and thought mmm, it's a "Foxbase Alpha" (St Etienne) kinda morning. Blissful. Could also have gone for "Forever Changes" by Love, "Pet Sounds" by The Beach Boys", "On Your Own Love Again" by Jessica Pratt or "Chill Out" by The KLF off the top of my head.  So, what are other P&Bers favourite Sunday morning records?

Air - Moon Safari

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Neil Young’s Harvest.  Early Simon and Garfunkel.  John Martyn’s Solid Air.  

Sunday morning albums are among my favourites. 

Harvest never fails to do the trick. Seems to be an unpopular opinion with Neil Young aficionado's but I always thought it was consistently his best record.

20 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Neil Young’s Harvest.  Early Simon and Garfunkel.  John Martyn’s Solid Air.  

Sunday morning albums are among my favourites. 

Some good shouts so far! Agree with Fox Base Alpha, Moon Safari, Pet Sounds, Harvest and The Velvet Underground and Nico. 

Solid Air is my favourite Sunday morning album though. 

Kind of Blue is a regular Sunday morning listen as well. 

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

Some good shouts so far! Agree with Fox Base Alpha, Moon Safari, Pet Sounds, Harvest and The Velvet Underground and Nico. 

Solid Air is my favourite Sunday morning album though. 

Kind of Blue is a regular Sunday morning listen as well. 

Yes on that as well.  It’s virtually the only jazz album that I own that I listen to, but I do disappear into it.

14 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Harvest never fails to do the trick. Seems to be an unpopular opinion with Neil Young aficionado's but I always thought it was consistently his best record.

Harvest was the first Neil Young record I ever heard and I still think it’s my favourite.  When I was at uni, I played it almost on a daily basis.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes on that as well.  It’s virtually the only jazz album that I own that I listen to, but I do disappear into it.

Don't mind a bit of jazz on a Sunday morning. "The Magnificent Thad Jones" and "Night Train" by Oscar Peterson are big favourites. Also one that @Jupiter Jazz turned me on to, "The Free Slave" by Roy Brooks is very very good.

Zero 7 - Simple Things, this was my sunday album of the early 2000s and to this day it takes me back to the student flat and stinking hangovers preparing to get back on it with a couple of liveners 

The Antlers - Hospice

Bonnie Prince Billy - Master and Everyone