Sons of the Rock vs The Partick Thistle Revival Tuesday 20/04/2021

Thought we shaded the first half without causing too many problems, losing Wardrop and Wedderburn saw us drop out of it. Thistle upped the pace in the second half and made a few chances, we rode our luck a bit but couldn't hold out. Just need to hope the two injuries aren't bad, Layne seemed to be out doing light work too so hopefully fit for the weekend.

Any reason the Thistle players were a bunch of radge wee arseholes tonight? Seemed a bit like a derby match at times and there were a couple of moments another (better) ref might've shown a red, Graham's elbow especially.

15 minutes ago, the snudge said:

I honestly can't watch this style of football we play. It's disgusting. The worst brand of football in my time watching us.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No.  And let's not going down the hard luck, bad refereeing, etc., route.  The team that won fully deserved to win; the guys I feel for are the defenders who must feel like fucking extras in the film Zulu on a weekly basis.

Am I the only one who thinks we didn’t do too badly tonight? I’ll be the first to criticise us when we’re churning oot eye bleeding Duffyball honkers but I genuinely thought we competed quite well. Thistle turned it on a bit on the 2nd half but I kind of expected that to happen. 

There is absolutely nae denying we should’ve been playing the entirety of the second half against ten men, whether that’s considered a hard luck story or not, it’s cold hard facts.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No.  And let's not going down the hard luck, bad refereeing, etc., route.  The team that won fully deserved to win; the guys I feel for are the defenders who must feel like fucking extras in the film Zulu on a weekly basis.

I've not suggested that it made any difference to the result or that we were hard done by tonight. I just think that the challenge late on by Ross Docherty was out of control, dangerous and over the top of the ball.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

image.jpeg.e943249d36d68f3ef190da30a69001eb.jpeg

I’m basing it on that, which seems fairly clear cut. 

Not from this angle. You can't tell if it's over or not. To me it looks more of the ball is on the pitch side rather than the the goal side of the line.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Am I the only one who thinks we didn’t do too badly tonight?

Nope, I'd agree that we played reasonably well. Better side in the first half and certainly a lot better than some of the dross we've seen since the restart.

Just a shame other results went so badly against us.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

image.jpeg.e943249d36d68f3ef190da30a69001eb.jpeg

I’m basing it on that, which seems fairly clear cut. 

But the ball wasn't on the ground was it? That Still makes it look like the ball has rolled across the line on the ground. Not saying it was or wasn't just that you can't be 100% sure, in my opinion. 

The fact is, he should've buried it with the 'keeper having no chance to get near it.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

But the ball wasn't on the ground was it? That Still makes it look like the ball has rolled across the line on the ground. Not saying it was or wasn't just that you can't be 100% sure, in my opinion. 

The fact is, he should've buried it with the 'keeper having no chance to get near it.

I had thought it was on the ground, but maybe not.

f**k it, doesn’t matter now. He absolutely should have scored it in any case.

As much as I am happy for Duffy to go at the end of the season, that was not his fault tonight and calling for him to go after that is just stupid.

I thought we started off very lively tonight and the first 10-15 of the game was the best start to a game this season. We were the better team in the first half and limited Thistle to a free kick and a couple of corners.

It's not Duffy's fault that our best midfielder got injured and then Wardrop gets his head elbowed (which should have been a red card btw).

We were always going to go downhill from there, as would any team. Also really impressed by McAllister again tonight. I'd be happy if we could grab him for next season.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thought we shaded the first half without causing too many problems, losing Wardrop and Wedderburn saw us drop out of it. Thistle upped the pace in the second half and made a few chances, we rode our luck a bit but couldn't hold out. Just need to hope the two injuries aren't bad, Layne seemed to be out doing light work too so hopefully fit for the weekend.

Any reason the Thistle players were a bunch of radge wee arseholes tonight? Seemed a bit like a derby match at times and there were a couple of moments another (better) ref might've shown a red, Graham's elbow especially.

Probably because it was a pretty big game. Our players were right up for it in the second half as they should be.

Very good result.

Just now, super-son said:

As much as I am happy for Duffy to go at the end of the season, that was not his fault tonight and calling for him to go after that is just stupid.

I thought we started off very lively tonight and the first 10-15 of the game was the best start to a game this season. We were the better team in the first half and limited Thistle to a free kick and a couple of corners.

It's not Duffy's fault that our best midfielder got injured and then Wardrop gets his head elbowed (which should have been a red card btw).

We were always going to go downhill from there, as would any team. Also really impressed by McAllister again tonight. I'd be happy if we could grab him for next season.

Not calling him to go after that is stupid? Not calling for him to go 4 weeks ago is stupid.

15 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Surely you cannot say for certain the ball crosses the line?? Unless you watched a different stream to what I did. He should've blasted in the back of the net and didn't. 

Looks pretty over the line to me 

IMG-20210420-WA0003.jpg

Good to see some fight from the Jags players and some seethe from the opposition fans. It's been a while!
f**k it, I'll bite...

Where have you seen seethe?

Everyone has said that Thistle deserved it on their second half showing despite some bad referee calls.