Drunk teacher takes pupils to strip club

A computer science teacher has been banned from the profession for three years following his conduct on a school trip to Costa Rica.  Richard Glenn, 55, was one of the leaders of a trip for 16-18 year olds but was sent home early from the trip after actions including

• Drinking with pupils
  • Allowing one or more pupils to drink alcohol despite being under the legal age of 18
  • Threatening to "kick the head in" of one pupil and "kill" another
  • Telling one pupil: "I'm not in trouble - you'll be in trouble"
  • After being aggressive to one pupil, he kissed the boy's forehead and told him "you're alright"
  • Taking one or more pupils to a strip club
  • Acting aggressively towards the woman leading the trip when she tried to help him back to his tent
  • Exposing himself to the woman in a shared hotel room

Glenn was head of Sixth Form at the private school, which charges nearly £5,000 per term.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-56858188

Have any P&Bers ever been to a Costa Rican strip club with their teacher?

Have any P&Bers ever been sent home early for being too drunk on a school trip?

On 21/04/2021 at 17:50, Abby Normal said:

My nephew at East End park 

“Can I have one of those croissants”, as he points to a steak bridie.

And I’m about to do a Teams meeting about my daughter’s school trip to Costa Rica.

Sounds like your daughter will have a great time.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If I was paying £5,000 a year I would expect, actually no I would *demand*, that my child was taken on drunken stripper holidays.

We never went to any when I went along to help out on field trips, no matter how often I suggested it.

30 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Sounds like your daughter will have a great time.

It was meant to be a trip to an orangutan sanctuary in Zanzibar this summer but it was binned because of COVID so it’s working in a macau sanctuary in Costa Rica instead next summer. Should be good practical experience for looking after the local macau population back here in Scotland.

I've never been to Costa Rica, but from my time working in the US, it appears to be a destination of choice for blokes in their 40s and 50s to go together on ahem..........."golfing holidays".

Edited by tarapoa

58 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

It was meant to be a trip to an orangutan sanctuary in Zanzibar this summer but it was binned because of COVID so it’s working in a macau sanctuary in Costa Rica instead next summer. Should be good practical experience for looking after the local macau population back here in Scotland.

There's a parrot or macaw or that sort of thing flies about the farms near the reservoir at the top of Clydebank. Or maybe just a really fabulous pigeon.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

If I was paying £5,000 a year I would expect, actually no I would *demand*, that my child was taken on drunken stripper holidays.

If you were paying £5,000 a year, your child wouldn't be at that school.

Went to France/Belgium with the school when we were 15, a great time was had by all, as you could get in bars and drink the draught lager. Steve McQueen (not the actor) over did it though and was taken into the showers and got his arse booted by the history teacher. Proper discipline, not like the namby pambys nowadays.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Abby Normal said:

Whereas looking after the orangutans would have been good practice for being a steward at Parkhead.

ETA: I thought orangutans came from Asia, not Africa?

Edited by Jacksgranda

We had a primary school teacher, Mrs Hutchison (Irish) who was an alky. Permanently pished and you could tell.  Staggering about the class. 

I once caught her having a pish onto a mattress round the back of the flats near where I used to stay. 

Not exactly strip club material but its all Ive got. 

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Whereas looking after the orangutans would have been good practice for being a steward at Parkhead.

ETA: I thought orangutans came from Asia, not Africa?

I went to school in Dunfermline. No point asking me.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A computer science teacher has been banned from the profession for three years following his conduct on a school trip to Costa Rica.  Richard Glenn, 55, was one of the leaders of a trip for 16-18 year olds but was sent home early from the trip after actions including

• Drinking with pupils
  • Allowing one or more pupils to drink alcohol despite being under the legal age of 18
  • Threatening to "kick the head in" of one pupil and "kill" another
  • Telling one pupil: "I'm not in trouble - you'll be in trouble"
  • After being aggressive to one pupil, he kissed the boy's forehead and told him "you're alright"
  • Taking one or more pupils to a strip club
  • Acting aggressively towards the woman leading the trip when she tried to help him back to his tent
  • Exposing himself to the woman in a shared hotel room

Glenn was head of Sixth Form at the private school, which charges nearly £5,000 per term.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-56858188

Have any P&Bers ever been to a Costa Rican strip club with their teacher?

Have any P&Bers ever been sent home early for being too drunk on a school trip?

See the source image