Forfar v Clyde

Might as well start this one as it’s game on...

Need a win, any sort of win simple as that. Thought we were much better than Forfar in the last 2 games so would like to think we’ll have too much for them again. Hopefully Goodwillie can start to find the back of the net again too

Guest andyp1301
32 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Might as well start this one as it’s game on...

Need a win, any sort of win simple as that. Thought we were much better than Forfar in the last 2 games so would like to think we’ll have too much for them again. Hopefully Goodwillie can start to find the back of the net again too

What if Forfar, with nothing to gain from playing us, don't fancy risking themselves and their day jobs and losing wages?

Given our track record over the years with these type of games and the circus around the E Fife fixture I will extremely surprised if we win tonight.

sorry for the negativity and will be delighted to be wrong but we very seldom get the desired result in this type of game... years of this has made made me like this sorry.

40 minutes ago, andyp1301 said:

What if Forfar, with nothing to gain from playing us, don't fancy risking themselves and their day jobs and losing wages?

Don’t think flippant remarks about a virus which has accounted for 150,000+ lives in this country is particularly smart.

11 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Don’t think flippant remarks about a virus which has accounted for 150,000+ lives in this country is particularly smart.

Agree. Really hope the affected Clyde player is ok both physically and mentally. If it wasn't a false positive and even if they're mildly symptomatic - potentially having to isolate this close to the 'end', missing the end of the season, missing work - that can't be nice. I think that's something that's been lost amongst the anger from the other night.

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

I did not think I was being flippant...apologies to anyone who thought I was attempting humour.  I was trying, somewhat clumsily it transpires that is there not a chance that the Forfar squad may not wish to risk playing a club that has had a covid positive test?

Guest andyp1301
1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Agree. Really hope the affected Clyde player is ok both physically and mentally. If it wasn't a false positive and even if they're mildly symptomatic - potentially having to isolate this close to the 'end', missing the end of the season, missing work - that can't be nice. I think that's something that's been lost amongst the anger from the other night.

I did not think I was being flippant...apologies to anyone who thought I was attempting humour.  I was trying, somewhat clumsily it transpires that is there not a chance that the Forfar squad may not wish to risk playing a club that has had a covid positive test?

That said, there is always the chance it could have been a false positive.....I am sure the player will have tested again since Tuesday....

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Are you sure this game is going ahead?

Have players been tested?

Its ludicrous if they haven't been and may be taking to the pitch while positive.

The testing for this match is the reason all this is even a discussion point.  Not sure if players will have done subsequent tests after Tuesday's events.   

12 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

The testing for this match is the reason all this is even a discussion point.  Not sure if players will have done subsequent tests after Tuesday's events.   

They did. Some still waiting on results back.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Some still waiting on results back.

What happens if results aren't known ahead of kick off?  Do we still use the original tests?  Will those in charge have any idea and will communicated this to the clubs....probably not.   

1 minute ago, Adolfo Rios said:

What happens if results aren't known ahead of kick off?  Do we still use the original tests?  Will those in charge have any idea and will communicated this to the clubs....probably not.   

I have absolutely no idea. Would be hilarious if Clyde travelled up to the game and got another positive test result back half an hour before kick off.

I say hilarious, I obviously don't want anyone else catching the virus, but you get what I mean. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I have absolutely no idea. Would be hilarious if Clyde travelled up to the game and got another positive test result back half an hour before kick off.

I say hilarious, I obviously don't want anyone else catching the virus, but you get what I mean. 

Given the way this season has unfolded it would not be the most unbelievable outcome.

Guest bernardblack

Surely this cannot go ahead until all the test results have been returned? What a shambles 

Edited by bernardblack

Surely this cannot go ahead until all the test results have been returned? What a shambles 
If the decision was Tuesday's match was to be played, tonight's game will be on. Unless there's an additional positive test before kickoff.

Still trying to get my head round the implications of all this testing.

As I understood it - teams have to supply evidence of negative tests at least 48 hours before a match (In this case Dumbarton at 3pm on Saturday).

So, all testing results for Saturday's game should be known long  before kick-off tonight. Presumably, if any of them turn out to be positive, the player(s) in question would be sent home - but tonight's game would still go ahead.

Am I right, or a meringue?

No Mitchell, Jack, Jamieson or a lesser spotted Ritchie-Hosler tonight. Seeing as Ritchie-Hosler wasn’t in the squad on Tuesday, our positive case could be one of the three above with the other two possibly close contacts. All the best to whomever it is.