Noel Clarke Wrong 'Un?

Sweet Pete

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It certainly sounds to me like all twenty of these unlinked women who don't know each other independently decided to make false allegations against Noel Clarke to ruin his career.  It's obvious!

^^^Wings over pie and bovril found

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:
Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

I’ve read some stuff on this about Clarke and one point that’s been made several times is about the enablers for Clarke. Lots of people must have seen him behave like this, and lots of people must have basically encouraged him. Who did he show the hard drives full of naked picture to? Did anyone he showed them to say “that’s not on”? Doubtful.

I remember reading an article about Serpico, the cop who stood up to corrupt cops in New York in the 1970s. It said that there were two types of corrupt cops, grass eaters and meat eaters. The meat eaters actively sought out opportunities to enrich themselves and engage in corruption, the grass eaters took it if it dropped into their laps and didn’t report the meat eaters. There’s a parallel with this sort of harassment, there are men like Clarke who are meat eaters and then there are grass eaters, the people who worked with him and didn’t say anything or his mates who laughed along at it. While it’s hard to stop the meat eaters with anything other than hard action you can change a culture to stop the grass eaters. 

This post was brought to you by mixed metaphors dot com.

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve read some stuff on this about Clarke and one point that’s been made several times is about the enablers for Clarke. Lots of people must have seen him behave like this, and lots of people must have basically encouraged him. Who did he show the hard drives full of naked picture to? Did anyone he showed them to say “that’s not on”? Doubtful.

I remember reading an article about Serpico, the cop who stood up to corrupt cops in New York in the 1970s. It said that there were two types of corrupt cops, grass eaters and meat eaters. The meat eaters actively sought out opportunities to enrich themselves and engage in corruption, the grass eaters took it if it dropped into their laps and didn’t report the meat eaters. There’s a parallel with this sort of harassment, there are men like Clarke who are meat eaters and then there are grass eaters, the people who worked with him and didn’t say anything or his mates who laughed along at it. While it’s hard to stop the meat eaters with anything other than hard action you can change a culture to stop the grass eaters. 

Adam Deacon worked alongside him in Kidulthood and he came out and called Noel Clarke a nonce a few years ago and bizarrely was shunned by the industry, he had a restraining order put on him from Clarke and his mental healthy went down the pan as everyone called him crazy etc.. I'd love to have seen his reaction to the news breaking.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

tumblr_n2kzurekLh1sjbapyo4_r1_250.gifv