The Famous Aberdeen - European Tour 2021/22

tarapoa

Guest Bob Mahelp

Well. That was hard work.....and that was just watching it. 

A hard game against a decent side, in 30 degree heat, in Asia, on a mud field, with a 5 hour flight home. 

Hearts at Tynecastle next...what can go wrong ?

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

If we're looking to $hitfest it on this apparently terrible pitch - then maybe not a game for Hedges anyway.

It's next week he will be more of a miss.

Fair point, and doubtless he would have been injured tonight if he wasn't at the weekend. What a bunch if cnuts, with a ref to suit. Can't wait for next week! 

Seen nothing from this lot to suggest we can’t beat them comfortably next week. (If we can keep at 1-0)

Unfortunately their away record in recent years looks better than their home form.

Why did Gallagher even put himself in a position to get booked if things were that precarious?

Hard to judge any team on that surface but big plus from that for me was that Qarabag look a much weaker side than I expected from their pedigree.  They look technically decent but lacking in confidence/belief.  I'd say the tie is about 50/50 and that's a better chance than I would have given us at the start of the game.

One thing Glass needs to focus on though is why we're coming off second best in the street-wise/physical side of things game after game.  I didn't see the Raith game but every other game this season we've been bullied a bit physically and our opponents have been better at working the ref.  Brown is the glaring exception but we can't leave that side of the game to one player.

5 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Let’s face facts. They were garbage.

If we don’t deal with them next week it will be a massive disappointment.

They were casually playing the ball half a yard above the turf to their players feet whilst ours were playing it on the plough field and wondering why it wasn't reaching the target.

We've obviously got a chance but they were the better team tonight.

1 minute ago, tarapoa said:

Unfortunately their away record in recent years looks better than their home form.

Why did Gallagher even put himself in a position to get booked if things were that precarious?

Not even sure what DG did. The number of tackles, especially on Ferguson, that deserved a yellow....the ref was so keen to book us, less so them. 

Happy with the result. Sets it up nicely for next week. 

1 minute ago, Highloon said:

Not even sure what DG did. The number of tackles, especially on Ferguson, that deserved a yellow....the ref was so keen to book us, less so them. 

Happy with the result. Sets it up nicely for next week. 

Was he definitely booked? I know rob McLean said so but tbh I don’t think they knew what was going on.