Raith Rovers vs Dundee FC & Dundee FC vs Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Try changing location to Scotland in settings. 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Go into Preferences/Settings and you can change your location to get BBC One Scotland. 

But you're right on all counts. It is shite. 

Didn't know you could do this. Thanks very much!

If we were to get promoted, who would be a better option? We'd likely pay higher wages than most and I can't see Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts taking a punt quite yet.
Livi, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and hibs are all rumoured to be interested and made contact. I can't see the benefit of him going to you even if you do get promoted. Mcpake doesn't seem the type of manager to bring his game along and he very much seems like the type who makes smart decisions in that regard. He did sign for us while turning down deals in the championship and from falkirk for more money, for reasons. Don't ask me what they were, I don't know him personally.

Just now, renton said:

On the subject of ex Rovers midfielders. I am left wondering if Ross Callachan will take the relegation with Hamilton or find another Prem team to take him, you think Dundee would be interested in him if/when you go up. Think he was well thought of when he was out on loan to you?

Yeah, really well thought of. The problem is, Max Anderson and Jordan McGhee have became two of our best players in that same role.

Think the rumour was that he was a done deal with us until the season was delayed. Be interesting to see if we go for him again.

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:
18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
If we were to get promoted, who would be a better option? We'd likely pay higher wages than most and I can't see Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts taking a punt quite yet.

Livi, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and hibs are all rumoured to be interested and made contact

Reckon he'd do quite well at Aberdeen. Nowhere near good enough for Hibs and he'd just be a waste of a Jersey at Livi or St Johnstone. 

The tie should be over but it's Dundee we're talking about after all. If we go through my preference is Ross Co but I fancy them to get the result they need at Motherwell. Felt it was a game too far for Rovers tonight but I've been impressed with their efforts this season. They certainly play some lovely stuff but of the four games they've played against us they've not created many chances in three of them. Granted they beat us well in the first game at Starks Park but overall the lack of firepower has cost them. I expect them to do well again next year. 

We should start with the same starting 11 on Saturday but f**k knows what McPake will do

Well deserved win for Dundee. They're nothing spectacular but get the job done. 

We just looked bereft of ideas as soon as we crossed the halfway line. 

The uber-optimistic side of me thinks that a quick goal for the Rovers on Saturday will make the tie interesting again but the realist is already looking forward to the Championship next season. 

Reckon he'd do quite well at Aberdeen. Nowhere near good enough for Hibs and he'd just be a waste of a Jersey at Livi or St Johnstone. 
I reckon he would do well at all bar livi.
Speaking of Raith players that we could potentially poach, I'd quite fancy that Musonda. Reckon he's top flight material? 
Musonda has just underwent surgery, hints that he's already signed a new deal with us as well. He could step up though imo.
I don't think you will sign any of our players this summer unless youve already agreed a deal for davo or mendy.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speaking of Raith players that we could potentially poach, I'd quite fancy that Musonda. Reckon he's top flight material? 

Not sure about that. He has just underwent an operation, so can't really see teams lining up to take a punt on him. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hard to say. He's been class for the most part but had a couple of shockers - he picked up an injury which needs surgery so doubt many clubs will take a punt on a player untested at the top level who isn't fully fit even before the summer. Rumours are he's signing a new deal with us regardless. That would be excellent news as he's excellent at this level and great at organising  the defence. 

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I reckon he would do well at all bar livi. Musonda has just underwent surgery, hints that he's already signed a new deal with us as well. He could step up though imo.
I don't think you will sign any of our players this summer unless youve already agreed a deal for davo or mendy.

I don't necessarily either. Just spitballing! You've a few good players and with the right additions (if neither of us go up) and you don't lose any, I reckon we'd be fighting for the top spot next season.

I don't necessarily either. Just spitballing! You've a few good players and with the right additions (if neither of us go up) and you don't lose any, I reckon we'd be fighting for the top spot next season.
Would love to see that battle! If you have Adam in that scenario though... Its pretty obvious hendry is away and there won't be many rovers fans who don't wish him well in that. As you've said though, we do have some good players. The nucleus of a good side is there for us. We've had a good side this season though in fairness. A better all round squad would have helped in the playoffs though.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:
15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Would love to see that battle! If you have Adam in that scenario though... Its pretty obvious hendry is away and there won't be many rovers fans who don't wish him well in that. As you've said though, we do have some good players. The nucleus of a good side is there for us. We've had a good side this season though in fairness. A better all round squad would have helped in the playoffs though.

Aye, both teams are appalling at CH.

Davidson and Benedictus was a CH partnership that embarrassed us about 8-9 year ago!

Fontaine and Elliott as our RB isn't near good enough either (although Fontaine has been solid in recent times).

26 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Wait till yer get to the feckin Premiership before ya even think about trying to nick our players,  

What is it they say about counting chickens 😉😆😆

I far from think we are through. It's zero arrogance from my part. I do like to play the what if game like a child though!

Only just realising the linesman that gave that offside is the same one that failed to call Doidge for being blatantly offside on his goal against United in the Scottish Cup SFs 😂

Alan Mulvanny, a true Dee through and through.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee