Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

So we moved the games to two shitey midweeks to get fans in but the SPFL's own criteria won't actually allow fans in. Fucking brilliant. There has been some shambolic decision making these last few weeks from clubs and authorities alike.

If the 'safe' capacity for Hampden is deemed to be 600 then I reckon we might genuinely be in a situation where we're told we can 'safely' allow 60 fans to attend or something pathetic like that.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If the 'safe' capacity for Hampden is deemed to be 600 then I reckon we might genuinely be in a situation where we're told we can 'safely' allow 60 fans to attend or something pathetic like that.

The SNP's hatred of football fans will never cease to amaze me. 

Edited by The Moonster

My reading of that is that it comes down to how the ground is structured and how the organisers can control the areas. I know everyone wants to blame the Govt here, but I feel that the clubs/SFA could do more.

Theres no reason I can think of to prevent a few hundred supporters getting in our ground. There's gates allowing access directly into the stand from outside and the teams could take the middle section of the stand for players etc. What might be an issue is whether the away team changes in the concourse under the home end or not, bearing in mind there's toilets there too.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Where was this?

42 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Where was this?

The Scottish Cup final will have just 600 fans in attendance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57100706

Granted parts of Hampden are out of use because of the Euros. But I can't see only 600 being allowed in there and anything close to 400 being allowed into the Rock. I'd love to be wrong though.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The Scottish Cup final will have just 600 fans in attendance:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57100706

Granted parts of Hampden are out of use because of the Euros. But I can't see only 600 being allowed in there and anything close to 400 being allowed into the Rock. I'd love to be wrong though.

Yeah was just reading about that. That is utterly ludicrous in a stadium that size. 600 one week but 12,000 a couple of weeks later? Where's the logic. And I suppose the difficulty with the Rock is that to maintain social distancing it would have to be less than a quarter capacity

9 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Yeah was just reading about that. That is utterly ludicrous in a stadium that size. 600 one week but 12,000 a couple of weeks later? Where's the logic. And I suppose the difficulty with the Rock is that to maintain social distancing it would have to be less than a quarter capacity

I reckon you could have 100 socially distanced (albeit with families in groups) in the away end and about 150/200 in the home end. Everyone enters and leaves via the gates at the side of the stand (where we used to leave going back a decade ago or so). Then the middle of the stand would be the red/amber zone for players and officials.

The fact that Edinburgh City haven't been able to make it work at Ainslie Park though doesn't give me hope. Although it is a totally different set up to us - with more space, but fewer seats. And seats appear to be what the virus doesn't like.

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I reckon you could have 100 socially distanced (albeit with families in groups) in the away end and about 150/200 in the home end. Everyone enters and leaves via the gates at the side of the stand (where we used to leave going back a decade ago or so). Then the middle of the stand would be the red/amber zone for players and officials.

The fact that Edinburgh City haven't been able to make it work at Ainslie Park though doesn't give me hope. Although it is a totally different set up to us - with more space, but fewer seats. And seats appear to be what the virus doesn't like.

Edinburgh was never going to make it with only a 500 seater stand. And it has to be seats as you say. eg at Somerset you couldn't have fans on the terracing despite the fact that all the evidence suggests that being out in the open air is safe. Crazy stuff

Just now, Nowhereman said:

Edinburgh was never going to make it with only a 500 seater stand. And it has to be seats as you say. eg at Somerset you couldn't have fans on the terracing despite the fact that all the evidence suggests that being out in the open air is safe. Crazy stuff

I understand that the situation is totally unprecedented, but after a year we really should be further forward than we are. 

As you say Somerset Park could easily accommodate, say, 500 people, socially distant, in fresh air and with limited touchpoints. The lack of seats shouldn't be a barrier to that.

Then again, last August with rates around 2/3 per 100,000, Knockhill was given a safe capacity of 200. So I'm not sure there's much chance here of any sporting events getting go-ahead with fans soon.

KnockhillTrackImg.jpg

I’ve never really known Graham before that incident but it speaks volumes about the man that he’s not even made contact with Sam since the incident. In these modern times of social media being at your fingertips, there’s absolutely no excuse.
even if it was accidental then a message would show a bit of class. As it is he’s hidden after it, his teammates have even said it was a shocker and for a player to come out and be as scathing in public (I know it was just our stream, but that’s public domain where the easy and non-commital stance would be to brush it off) shows how bad an injury it was, and Sam clearly knows it wasn’t accidental. Lack of class from Graham which is sad but hopefully Sam comes back stronger when he recovers, and hopefully it’s with us too!

PPP ppp pop p pop

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

LOOKS LIKE NO FANS NOW THOUGH

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57123009

Can't see any being allowed into the rock either.....

Rates are so low in West Dunbartonshire at the moment, its madness if we can't be let in. I'm sure a substantial amount of our support will be vaccinated too. For my age group I'd imagine I'm more likely to die on my way to the ground than from covid. Been working through this whole mess and this was a wee bit light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it's not taken away. 

Sick of all this fear regarding the virus now. I've had enough. The most vulnerable have been vaccinated, intensive care rates and deaths are down, the NHS isn't overwhelmed. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

21,000 attending Wembley. Jason Leitch says you need to phone him to get a crowd bigger than 500. It's laughable.

It’s also unbelievably tin-pot. Jason Leitch’s lack of self-awareness is staggering and will do for him in the end I suspect.