The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'll start. Aberdeen's club crest is shite. It looks like it was designed by a 5 year old.

I agree although I also preferred the old St Johnstone crest of the early 1980s. The double headed eagle has something to do with the Byzantine Empire. A PAOK fan explained it to me when I was at one of their games. Was Perth a refugee for those leaving Constantinople after the end of the Empire? Did they congregate at area that became the site of Muriton Park?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee voted for Celtic to win the league last year (which you no doubt celebrated).

What a bizarre thing to say? Why would I celebrate Dundee voting for Celtic to win the league?

It obviously still rankles with you. I'm sure your club sent congratulations over to Sevco when they won it this time though.

31 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Why would I celebrate Dundee voting for Celtic to win the league?

57 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

"Because you're clearly a follower of Glasgow Celtic, pretending to support Aberdeen." 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

This thread is just a glorious smorgasbord of end of season tit for tat squabbling.

We've done the double and are the greatest team with the greatest manager in the history of Scottish football.

Now we've put that to bed, let's forget about the MOTY thing, and just go all out on what annoys you about some other random club...

I'll start. Aberdeen's club crest is shite. It looks like it was designed by a 5 year old.

When I was younger I thought it was the back of a plane they had on their badge 

St Johnstone just had the greatest season in their history. Rangers won the league, something they've already done 54 times in their history...

Unless you consider Rangers to be an entirely new club winning their first ever league title within 10 years of being founded, in which case give the award to Gerrard.

FWIW has any Rangers fan even argued against the idea of Davidson being awarded this on this thread 😂

some have commented saying about the timing of the award going against Davidson , some have offered the arguement that one of the awards may be based on league performance alone or that some are awarded by columnists so take the issue with them . 

yet their seems to be some amount of teeth knashing and knicker wetting about “how can rangers fans even defend this “ despite very litte defending of it going on 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I agree although I also preferred the old St Johnstone crest of the early 1980s. The double headed eagle has something to do with the Byzantine Empire. A PAOK fan explained it to me when I was at one of their games. Was Perth a refugee for those leaving Constantinople after the end of the Empire? Did they congregate at area that became the site of Muriton Park?

It's the coat of arms for Perth & Kinross.  From wiki:

The arms are a combination of the arms of the Counties of Perthshire and Kinross County. The arms of Perthshire showed the Scottish lion on a mount and brandishing a scimitar, ready to defend the country. The arms were placed on a double-headed eagle, which is also continued in the new arms. The arms of Perthshire date already from the 17th century and were officially granted in 1800 with a royal tressure of Scotland. 

The escutcheon shows the former arms of the Kinross County; the Loch Leven Castle standing on an island. This is the castle in which Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned and forced to abdicate in 1567, and from which she escaped in 1568. 
The motto 'For Law and Liberty' is also taken from Perthshire.

The previous lamb with the flag badge is still popular and used on flags and retro tops.  So we unofficially have 2 crests.

Whereas we officially have 2 cups

Spoiler

this season

Cup wins aren't as good as titles though. 
Aye the achievement is good relativley speaking but Rangers have performed better over the course of a season, including topping our group in Europe. If Rangers had snuck the league by a game or two it would've probably went to Davidson. 
Hang on. Let's see if I've got this straight. The Cups don't matter to your lot*, but the Manager of the Year award does? Away ya blethering fucker.

*especially when someone else wins them.

6 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Hang on. Let's see if I've got this straight. The Cups don't matter to your lot*, but the Manager of the Year award does? Away ya blethering fucker.

No you've got that wrong, quite wide off the mark tbh. 

Winning cup competitions is not as impressive as league campaigns. I never said I didn't care about them or that I cared about MOTY you mouth breathing simpleton. 

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:
On 22/05/2021 at 16:39, TheScarf said:
Why do they award if before the end of the season? Unless it’s only voted on league performance? 

Why do they award it at all?

Usually for a night out and a fair amount of bevvying.

Hey. There is ten pages of this I can't be bothered catching up on. 
I take it everyone is in agreement that Davidson should have won it and the Awards should be done AFTER the season is done, except the cream buns?

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Hey. There is ten pages of this I can't be bothered catching up on. 
I take it everyone is in agreement that Davidson should have won it and the Awards should be done AFTER the season is done, except the cream buns?

No one seems to be disagreeing with the idea that Davidson deserves manager of the year 

Your post summed up the previous ten pages . Make your point , then finger wag and have a wee rage at Rangers fans without even reading the thread 😂

Edited by Forever_blueco

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not from Love Street.

Yes they were stainless steel ones that were installed at the Love St end. Your club bought them.

50 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Imagine what St Johnstone could have won with a budget the size of The Rangers?

33 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

No you've got that wrong, quite wide off the mark tbh. 

Winning cup competitions is not as impressive as league campaigns. I never said I didn't care about them or that I cared about MOTY you mouth breathing simpleton. 

Even in a two horse race, and the other horse is limping with an overweight jockey on its back?

Nah, winning 2 cups for a provincial club is far more impressive than winning the league where their financial advantage make it a racing cert that either Celtic or Sevco will win it, and Celtic even being dug meat still came 2nd shows how big the divide is between the richest clubs and the rest.

Also, the fact this is a rare event and only Aberdeen have done it before them, compared to deadco's and newco's combined 54 titles, blows your argument out the water as complete nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

No one seems to be disagreeing with the idea that Davidson deserves manager of the year 

Your post summed up the previous ten pages . Make your point , then finger wag and have a wee rage at Rangers fans without even reading the thread 😂

I read the first couple of posts and there was defo kick back from the Attilas 

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Even in a two horse race, and the other horse is limping with an overweight jockey on its back?

Nah, winning 2 cups for a provincial club is far more impressive than winning the league where their financial advantage make it a racing cert that either Celtic or Sevco will win it, and Celtic even being dug meat still came 2nd shows how big the divide is between the richest clubs and the rest.

Also, the fact this is a rare event and only Aberdeen have done it before them, compared to deadco's and newco's combined 54 titles, blows your argument out the water as complete nonsense. 

Yeah winning both cups for St Johnstone is bigger than Rangers winning a league. 

Generally speaking a 38 game league victory is more impressive than cup runs though. 

I think you've mistaken what argument I've actually made.