Next to go?

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Started rereading this thread from the beginning and these 3 posts caught my eye. That's 4 of Gordon's 5 years gone and no sign of his hoped for cracking league. The B teams ruin it of course. (To be fair to him he did say 5/10 years.)

I think @Jack Burton is right, it's going to take 10/15 years to get that league, so that's 10 years from now.

1. Auchinleck Talbot
  2. Pollok
  3. Cumnock
  4. Clydebank
  5. Kilwinning Rangers
  6. Bonnyrigg
  7. Bo'ness United
  8. Broxburn
  9. Albion Rovers
  10. Cowdenbeath
  11. Berwick
  12. Spartans
  13. East Kilbride
  14. East Stirlingshire
  15. Linlithgow Rose

A 16th I suppose could be Tranent that would meet the perceived standard, which would make it 9/16. A flaw in the thinking back in summer 2021 was that in order for Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers to find themselves in the Lowland. Then two teams had to come from somewhere in Tier 5 and that happened to be Bonnyrigg and Spartans.

Even at the snail's pace things have gone it's not going to take another 10 years. Would have helped if the Lowland had opened up at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Started rereading this thread from the beginning and these 3 posts caught my eye. That's 4 of Gordon's 5 years gone and no sign of his hoped for cracking league. The B teams ruin it of course. (To be fair to him he did say 5/10 years.)

I think @Jack Burton is right, it's going to take 10/15 years to get that league, so that's 10 years from now.

I wasn't making a prediction btw - the context was that we need to have more relegation from the LL to get there and we need to get rid of the B teams. And it was only 3 years ago.

I'm sure if Beith hadn't had their ground ownership problem we'd have one or two WoS sides in the LL already.

We surely can't be far from some big changes though, with every new team that comes into the LL the voting power shifts away from the protectionists. 

On 17/05/2022 at 19:40, EdinburghBlue said:

If you accept population as a measure of potential crowds and hence income, there are some settlements in the top 50 in Scotland that are underperforming and some over performing.

Settlements in the top 50 without a league club: East Kilbride (6), Cumbernauld (10), Glenrothes (18), Irvine (22), Bearsden (28), Newton Mearns (29), Clydebank (30), Renfrew (32), Bishopbriggs (33), Bathgate (34), Kirkintilloch (36), Musselburgh (37), Bellshill (39), St Andrews (41), Bonnybridge (42), Barrhead (43), Blantyre (44), Penicuik (45), Grangemouth (46), Kilwinning (47), Broxburn (48), Johnstone (49) and Viewpark (50).

there’s an obvious link for the first four.

(Possibly some of these are so close to other settlements with teams that you might choose not to count e.g. Grangemouth to Falkirk.)

Those that are ‘underperforming’ include Dunfermline (8), Hamilton (9), Coatbridge (16), Stirling (19)

Arbroath (35) and Dumbarton (38) are arguably overperformers.   Even more so places like Forfar, Kelty, Montrose and Stranraer which are nowhere near the top 50.

Took me a minute to realise what the numbers in brackets signified :lol:...

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
  1. Auchinleck Talbot
  2. Pollok
  3. Cumnock
  4. Clydebank
  5. Kilwinning Rangers
  6. Bonnyrigg
  7. Bo'ness United
  8. Broxburn
  9. Albion Rovers
  10. Cowdenbeath
  11. Berwick
  12. Spartans
  13. East Kilbride
  14. East Stirlingshire
  15. Linlithgow Rose

A 16th I suppose could be Tranent that would meet the perceived standard, which would make it 9/16. A flaw in the thinking back in summer 2021 was that in order for Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers to find themselves in the Lowland. Then two teams had to come from somewhere in Tier 5 and that happened to be Bonnyrigg and Spartans.

Even at the snail's pace things have gone it's not going to take another 10 years. Would have helped if the Lowland had opened up at the bottom.

what?? you mean it's not open there!!!